The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo usually recruits the best classes in the MAC. Candle has also won 2 Mac championships in 7 seasons. If he does take a demotion, you have to think he believed Toledo has done as much for his career as possible.

To me, it's not just about his career, it's about his staff. If he makes that move, besides one or two guys he brings along, HIS coaching staff is all looking for new jobs. These are real relationships and real-life situations that he has to consider.
Valid points to consider. A mistake the Program continuously makes is not giving proper weight to how a particular candidate is viewed by their current employer. There are definitely signs that Candle is not valued by Toledo’s AD nearly as much as this Board. Why?

Mario must do his due diligence to get answers to these questions and not make an emotional decision based purely on what he sees on film or a certain style of play.

Advertisement
Tennessee also averaged 40 rushes per game this past season believe it or not. All depends how many plays you get in per game.

Yea if your running 80-90 plays every game that still leaves you 40-50 passes.

So that’s the trick.No staring into space for 25 seconds every play run 80-90 plays and errrrbody happy.RB’s,WR’s,QB’s errrrbody…

Advertisement
Advertisement
So is it candle or frost

A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_book_collection_box_set_cover.jpg

Advertisement
So Ruiz with the premature reveal and is backtracking until a formal announcement can be made?
Really no justification if the ink isn't dryING. Douche bag move in this scenario, though I guess he could've been shouting out to Candle not taking into account how Cane nation would interpret his tweet.

Frost is growing on me the more I look at the numbers, or it could be the wait that has beat into submission. Its the end of the night, had way to much tequila. Ya boy is 0-4 on the night with a couple 8s.

But there a chubby chick eye balling you, and she is receptive. Its 2am and you just trying to get your rocks off. **** it! You head over to her crib. She hits you with the Gawk Gawk 3000, now you laying on goose down blankets looking like you got [edited out by Maude’s- please find a different reference than handicap]

Your boys ask what happen to you last night. You tell them you went home for the night, but you trying reconcile how great the dome was. Night falls, you hit the chubby chick with the classic text," You up?"

This sets thing in motion, next thing you know you are picking up a 20 piece of lemon pepper wings and texting her for the gate code. Another amazing performance, now you are hooked.

But yea Frost might be a good hire for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Well, I guess until we hear an official statement from Candle or his AD he is still attainable. I believe last year when his name came up as a top candidate it was shut down pretty quickly.

The new contract, etc doesn’t necessarily mean he’s staying. It’s just a way for him to leverage his perceived value and the university to have some insurance in case he dips.

The timing of his contract extension seem to coincide with Gattis leaving so they probably were very aware Mario would’ve sniffing around again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back