The next two months...

AU, yes, I'm sure I was exaggerating a bit, but, the reality is we don't have the room to take everyone who we still may be recruiting, so, when they choose elsewhere, people will go into meltdown mode.

on cook, I just think there are too many factors for him to not come to UM

oh, for sure. Right now, we have 29 by my account (that excludes Turner and Griffin but includes Lockley). Gray won't qualify. In my mind, we have 3-4 legit spots open left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me Cook and Jackson and I'll be more than satisfied. Either way this class has a lot of talent especially on the defensive side of the ball.

so in other words "enjoy the ride, let it play out, and don't be a douche"

pretty sure the douches that were banned are already back with new names.

but, i guess you just gotta keep banning them...

Spoken like someone who has been through recruiting before.

Advertisement
AU, yes, I'm sure I was exaggerating a bit, but, the reality is we don't have the room to take everyone who we still may be recruiting, so, when they choose elsewhere, people will go into meltdown mode.

on cook, I just think there are too many factors for him to not come to UM

oh, for sure. Right now, we have 29 by my account (that excludes Turner and Griffin but includes Lockley). Gray won't qualify. In my mind, we have 3-4 legit spots open left.

This sounds about right, plus the early enrollees would count against last year. But we have to be almost full.

Advertisement
From an old Cane fan Thanks. I sort of long for the days where success and failure was defined by ten to twelve Saturdays during the fall and early winter only. The fans had only a casual interest in recruiting and really only paid serious attention when the Herald listed the recruits with commentary in Feb. When you think about it's really still about the games. We are 9-3 coming off probation with a chance at 10-3. This class addresses all of our needs TODAY. If we lose some and gain some if that doesn't change I'm happy.

dmoney,
here's the reality some people don't get and why they over react. we have 30 commits. we only have room for a couple more and there are probably about 15 names still out there. logic dictates we will "lose" most of those guys, if not simply b/c we just don't have room. so, with every commit who picks another school, the idiots will go into "we lost another one" mode, when, we simply just can't take all these guys.
sure, of the 30, a few will drop and go elsewhere and new names will emerge, but, for the most part, at this point, more will not be coming to UM than will be, simply b/c of numbers.

ok i will bite name 5

15 names overall, sure, but only 5-7 that will have legit interest/offers.

My guess on the remaining legit high interest:

Cory Johnson (still)
Cook
Dixon
Lane (despite what people say, I think he's in play still)

JC
1 OL
Lenius
Njoku

I think those are the tops. Everyone else is a plan C type.

Add Derricott in there the Juco LB from Kansas, and Travis Rudolph. Most of those seem unrealistic except for JC, Njoku, Lenius (if we offer), Travis Rudolph, and Derricott. We can dream about the rest of those guys on that list, but it is unrealistic. Also hope that Griffin and Lockley qualify.

Advertisement
dmoney,
here's the reality some people don't get and why they over react. we have 30 commits. we only have room for a couple more and there are probably about 15 names still out there. logic dictates we will "lose" most of those guys, if not simply b/c we just don't have room. so, with every commit who picks another school, the idiots will go into "we lost another one" mode, when, we simply just can't take all these guys.
sure, of the 30, a few will drop and go elsewhere and new names will emerge, but, for the most part, at this point, more will not be coming to UM than will be, simply b/c of numbers.

ok i will bite name 5

15 names overall, sure, but only 5-7 that will have legit interest/offers.

My guess on the remaining legit high interest:

Cory Johnson (still)
Cook
Dixon
Lane (despite what people say, I think he's in play still)

JC
1 OL
Lenius
Njoku

I think those are the tops. Everyone else is a plan C type.

Add Derricott in there the Juco LB from Kansas, and Travis Rudolph. Most of those seem unrealistic except for JC, Njoku, Lenius (if we offer), Travis Rudolph, and Derricott. We can dream about the rest of those guys on that list, but it is unrealistic. Also hope that Griffin and Lockley qualify.

Derricot would be a huge get IMO, could hopefully slide in at SLB.

340.gif

Advertisement
Back