Off-Topic The Melting Pot: a Food Thread

Go to Brocato's...."Warning" their Sub sizes are Small...Medium...and Large...The medium is wayyy more than enough. Get a Med Italian and Thank me later.

Bless you!!! I have been trying to find the place I ate 8 years ago when I came down here to fish and could never remember the name of it. This is it!!! I remember once I look at the photos. Going to add this to my list of places I need to go eat. Love a good Cuban sandwhich.

West Tampa sandwhich shop has a great Cuban!

Advertisement
My very Italian speaking friend from Ny/Nj almost only eats Italian food. Over the last 20 years, he's found the best of the best Italian food in Miami/Ft Laudedale.

This place ain't cheap, but it is amazing:

Sardelli's
331 Van Buren St,
Hollywood, FL 33019

Everything is AMAZING!!

Carmella’s on Harrison Street in downtown Hollywood is the same owner but it’s a little more casual.

Tampa only has a handful of real fine dining experiences. For “foodie” food, you have to bounce around Seminole heights. It’s an eclectic neighborhood with some chefs doing amazing work.

South Tampa has some good locally owned restaurants. Not as cutting edge as Seminole Heights but still some solid spots.

West Tampa has Cuban food that is as good as anywhere(Miami and Cuba included). Cigars, Cuban espresso, and a bit of Cuban toast and that’s a **** of a morning.

Advertisement
Nothing like it was back in the day. I've eaten there a dozen times.
So I used to take my clients there back in the late 90"s and it was always great. The desert Wine Barrels were fun to eat in. The Wine tour was always pretty cool too.

So what's changed? Quality of food? Service?

Used to bring college teams down to play each spring around Tampa. Stayed at the Holiday inn off Ulmerton.(right next to a club of some type) Guys used to go to a gentlemens club called Fantasy nude. One year the coaching staff decided to check it out. Awesome place…12 inch tv at the entrance with some hardcore stuff then a huge open floor with chairs just randomly scattered and 2-3 women ripping heaters until we came in …then they all scrambled and turned on Return of the Mack or Kid Rock and started the “show.” One May have been in her second trimester.

5 stars…would go again.

Used to bring college teams down to play each spring around Tampa. Stayed at the Holiday inn off Ulmerton.(right next to a club of some type) Guys used to go to a gentlemens club called Fantasy nude. One year the coaching staff decided to check it out. Awesome place…12 inch tv at the entrance with some hardcore stuff then a huge open floor with chairs just randomly scattered and 2-3 women ripping heaters until we came in …then they all scrambled and turned on Return of the Mack or Kid Rock and started the “show.” One May have been in her second trimester.

5 stars…would go again.
I lived off of Ulmerton (which is Largo) in 1985-1986...worked in Pinellas Park (66th Ave N)

Advertisement
I liked Stresa in West Palm Beach, but haven't lived there in 6 years, so can't say how it is currently.

I’ve never had good Italian food/pizza south of Harrisburg PA 😂 Anytime I go to VA or FL I give it another shot & it just isn’t it lol
Ft Lauderdale has Ridiculous Italian spots...but as far as Pizza (what your used to in the N.E) forget it....some spots are good...but pale in comparison to N.Y/PA/NJ Pizza.

Advertisement
Bless you!!! I have been trying to find the place I ate 8 years ago when I came down here to fish and could never remember the name of it. This is it!!! I remember once I look at the photos. Going to add this to my list of places I need to go eat. Love a good Cuban sandwhich.

West Tampa sandwhich shop has a great Cuban!
The Medium Italian Sub at Brocato's....Lock thread..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back