Off-Topic The Melting Pot: a Food Thread

Advertisement
For its wine list and dessert room? Yes. Absolutely.
For its food? Still a solid steakhouse, but they've fallen off, some.
Lets respectfully agree to disagree.
Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

just kidding!

Advertisement
Go to Brocato's on E. Columbus Dr...Thank me later.
Did Brocatos
Go to Brocato's on E. Columbus Dr...Thank me later.
Brocatos is good. Wife hts them up for Cubans and Stuffed Crab. They were my #2 for Pollo, frijoles Nego y arroz Amarillo, but they switched from leg quarters to some kind of sliced thigh meat after 50 years of doing it right. Allessi's in West Tampa has great Spanish pastries and Cubans too. Caciatorri Bros on Howard Ave in West Tampa has a nice buffet too.

Advertisement
No love for Bern's ???
Berns is National treasure, but I like real homestyle ethnic restaurants. I'm particular for Spanish cuisine. Jerk Hut on Fowler Ave Tampa has good Jamaican food. If you at the River Walk do Ulele, the grilled Oyster are excellent and food good too. Used to really love the Legendary Columbia Restaurant in Ybor City, but I guess I've tired of it after 35 years. Ocean Prime has an excellent menu and where you will find Bucs and Yankee players for group dinners. FYI Class whores too at the patio bar.

Did Brocatos

Brocatos is good. Wife hts them up for Cubans and Stuffed Crab. They were my #2 for Pollo, frijoles Nego y arroz Amarillo, but they switched from leg quarters to some kind of sliced thigh meat after 50 years of doing it right. Allessi's in West Tampa has great Spanish pastries and Cubans too. Caciatorri Bros on Howard Ave in West Tampa has a nice buffet too.
Those Crab balls ain't no joke

For its wine list and dessert room? Yes. Absolutely.
For its food? Still a solid steakhouse, but they've fallen off, some.
Apparently their wine list has been absolutely raided in the last few years, especially given how relatively cheap those bottles were/are. I have not been, can't speak to it, but its not like you can keep re-stocking back vintages readily.

Advertisement
Anyone get good meals in Houston or Austin other than @TheOriginalCane tour of Austin BBQ? Good thing you didn't eat that before the game or you would have been asleep.

We went to two of Hugo Ortega's regional Mexican spots in Houston, Caracol (Baja) and Xochi (Oaxacan), and both were very, very good. Some killer moles and tamals at Xochi.

Advertisement
https://christnersprimesteakandlobster.com
Weird location. Great classic steakhouse vibe ,menu, and execution. Its where the "locals" go. You can catch Dan Newlin there with a couple of russian hookers regularly lol.

latina GIF

We have a Latina Hooters in West Phoenix. Its awesome. They had a heroin den out near the parking lot but it looks like they've cleaned that up.

Christners or Christinis? The latter was my favorite Orlando restaurant, but have been for about 4 years..

Christner's, up on Lee Road.

For decades, it was a Del Frisco's, though they didn't really follow the menu strictly. The Christner family owns the place, they finally broke away from Del Frisco's and changed the name to Christner's. They've had certain waiters working their for decades.

Eventually, Del Frisco's opened a new location down on International Drive, but it definitely isn't as good as Christner's. Last time I went was probably about six months ago? Great place, my favorite steakhouse in Orlando. Like Berns, it's in a not-as-nice location.

Advertisement
Back