Off-Topic The Melting Pot: a Food Thread

Can we get back to the personal offensiveness of saying Wawa has potentially average sandwiches for a gas station?

Advertisement
I worked at the Coal Fired off US1 & 84 when I was younger. Loved the management/job. Learned more things about life and people skills in that restaurant in a couple years time than most people do in a lifetime.
Was there today for lunch. That’s OG Coal Fired. My friend and former colleague is a friend of Anthony’s and Michael’s so we were there regularly for years. First time back since 2020 for me.

That’s OG Coal Fired.
ben stiller something GIF

I worked at the Coal Fired off US1 & 84 when I was younger. Loved the management/job. Learned more things about life and people skills in that restaurant in a couple years time than most people do in a lifetime.
When I first got married lived down the street from there in a condo. Anthony’s had some good grilled wings.

Advertisement
I don't eat out as much as I used to here in Tampa. Too much of the same and nothing that excites my taste buds. Most of the Mom and Pop restaurants I enjoyed out of business. Been on a 15 year search to find a Spanish place on par with Espo's, that was across the street from what's the Yueling Brewery now, found some decent ones but nothing like Espos. Kinda venting here fellas

I don't eat out as much as I used to here in Tampa. Too much of the same and nothing that excites my taste buds. Most of the Mom and Pop restaurants I enjoyed out of business. Been on a 15 year search to find a Spanish place on par with Espo's, that was across the street from what's the Yueling Brewery now, found some decent ones but nothing like Espos. Kinda venting here fellas
For as big of a city Tampa is the cuisine found there is arguably the worst I’ve found in a major metropolitan area.

Advertisement
Got any recommendations for a good spot to eat & chill near Tampa Airport ? I fly back home at 9 pm tonight and I've got a good 5 hours to kill

Go to Brocato's on E. Columbus Dr...Thank me later.

Advertisement
I’ve never had good Italian food/pizza south of Harrisburg PA 😂 Anytime I go to VA or FL I give it another shot & it just isn’t it lol

My very Italian speaking friend from Ny/Nj almost only eats Italian food. Over the last 20 years, he's found the best of the best Italian food in Miami/Ft Laudedale.

This place ain't cheap, but it is amazing:

Sardelli's
331 Van Buren St,
Hollywood, FL 33019

Everything is AMAZING!!

Advertisement
No love for Bern's ???

Going there for my birthday. I like to try different steakhouses and kits moved to the Tampa area.

So far some good places in my opinion that me and the Ol lady have eaten at. We are huge go out to eat ppl so it doesn’t take too much for us to be happy with the experience.

Now we I got spend $400 and up on a dinner I get a little more particular on what I want.

Rusty pelican was underwhelming when we went that’s for sure.

Advertisement
Back