The Inaugural CanesInSight Early Signing Day Thread

View as article
Are other schools signing an equally high % of their verbal commits early like we are? I love that our coaches can focus so much on the remainder of the recruits we are pursuing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are other schools signing an equally high % of their verbal commits early like we are? I love that our coaches can focus so much on the remainder of the recruits we are pursuing.

Notre dame signed all of theirs.
Osu signed 20 of their 21 so far(Woodbey announces later)

Last edited:
The thing about the bagman... coaches tell the bagman who to go after. Coaches make evaluation and give bag man subtle hints or just tell them they really want a kid. Here is how the early signing day effect things. It gives school to who reply on "closing late" aka most SEC schools/bag game less time to make evaluations after the senior year to make sure a recruit is bag worthy. Schools who actually evaluate talent early will benefit from this rule the most not just Miami.

It benefit us because our classes even under Al Golden usually looked like this by December but the difference is we can actually sign them in December.

Another thing how the early signing day helps is some kids use school to negotiate money if the kid is wised up to the game. If a school thinks your not really commit they will have a back-up plan. No more wasting a spot for a kid who is just using your school as leverage and getting burned on Feb. NSD.

Don't be surprised if SEC schools start pushing for this rule to be gone.

Golden never had a class like this, Even in make believe used car salesman rumor land

This early signing period is a great idea ... kids and staff can get it over with and focus on the holidays / bowl games.

Sucks for schools when there is a coaching change, though .. we might see coaches let go after the bowl game instead of before...

Advertisement
When is one of these recruits going to say that they’ve decided to take their talents to South Beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
So UGA taking Divaad Wilson signaling anything towards Campbell?

I was kind of thinking/hoping the same thing
crossing_fingers_kevin_bacon.jpg

Advertisement
Mark Pope with Erick “congrats bro” Marrero
Erick Marrero, hopefully in his final day with the site, will be at Southridge for Pope, Scaife, Wiggins at 9AM

:U5PyXda: :sanford2: :um1lw: :troll-dancing2: :hunt_dog_lol: :troll-slap: :fistbump: :reaction:

We're signin' studs and droppin' duds!

This is definitely sending a message to the rest of CFB atmosphere. 95% of commits signing early in year 1 of this process is unprecedented.

Advertisement
Back