The Inaugural CanesInSight Early Signing Day Thread

View as article
Give me Ezzard, 1 DT, Campbell, and Chatfield, and that would be a helluva close.

Advertisement
The thing about the bagman... coaches tell the bagman who to go after. Coaches make evaluation and give bag man subtle hints or just tell them they really want a kid. Here is how the early signing day effect things. It gives school to who reply on "closing late" aka most SEC schools/bag game less time to make evaluations after the senior year to make sure a recruit is bag worthy. Schools who actually evaluate talent early will benefit from this rule the most not just Miami.

It benefit us because our classes even under Al Golden usually looked like this by December but the difference is we can actually sign them in December.

Another thing how the early signing day helps is some kids use school to negotiate money if the kid is wised up to the game. If a school thinks your not really commit they will have a back-up plan. No more wasting a spot for a kid who is just using your school as leverage and getting burned on Feb. NSD.

Don't be surprised if SEC schools start pushing for this rule to be gone.

$EC schools already pushing for the rule to be gone. Have you heard satan speak lately? Whiny *** btch.

Advertisement
It's been a long time since we have had classes stick together with very few decommits like we have had this class and the last. Once they buy in with Richt, they are in.

Last edited:
Give me Ezzard, 1 DT, Campbell, and Chatfield, and that would be a helluva close.

I think we've got a few more spots to fill than just those 4. This is my best guess/prediction for our close.

DB) Asante Jr.
DB) Ty Campbell
OL) Goss
DT) Thompson or new prospect
DT) Carson or new prospect
DE) Chatfield
WR) Ezzard or new prospect
obviously Surtain has a spot no matter what if he wants to be a Cane

Last edited:

1 WR
2 DT
Chatfield
Campbell
Surtain/Samuel

Carson? Or you including him in the 2DT? A lot of news/posts and I've been travelling and visiting with family, so haven't been able to keep up. Apologies if I missed something and asked a dumb question.

Agree with your list, but I want Campbell, Surtain, AND Samuel. I do think it's realistic, although Surtain is obviously the least likely. It's critical we get at least one of the three CB's. DT is also absolutely a critical need. Obviously.

Advertisement
Meanwhile one former commit watches from the shadows as commit after commit sign to his dream school as he wonders to himself if it's too late to return the bag

Advertisement
It's been a long time since we have had classes stick together with very few decommits like we have had this class and the last. Once the buy in with Richt, they are in.

been a long time since we had a really good coach/staff!!! we had just a few last year, while staff got their feet under them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back