The game has passed us by...

I'm not a genius... but your post sure make me feel like one... lol

j/k man. We're still brethren.

You think teams have passed us by because they beat us. Thats not oassing anyone by.

Name me the national champs from the past 10 years........... see if you notice anything. Those schools have passed everyone by.

Miami is a good coach away from being back. Clemson was nothing for 30 years until dabo. Bama sucked for a decade until saban. Florida state sucked until jimbo. Florida sucked until meyer. Usc sucked till carroll. Notice a theme there?

Advertisement
You think teams have passed us by because they beat us. Thats not oassing anyone by.

Name me the national champs from the past 10 years........... see if you notice anything. Those schools have passed everyone by.

Miami is a good coach away from being back. Clemson was nothing for 30 years until dabo. Bama sucked for a decade until saban. Florida state sucked until jimbo. Florida sucked until meyer. Usc sucked till carroll. Notice a theme there?

Yes, the theme is all those schools paid top dollar for the coaches and top dollar for their assistants. (The only exception is USC and what have they been up to?)

See a theme? Let me point it out to you... Clemson Assistants make nearly what our HC makes. Its called MONEY.

Now do you see it?

And yes, Wisconsin has DEFINITELY left us behind and its not even close.

Then what is the objective standard? Do we determine the standard or is the standard established outside of Miami. Obviously, the standard is determined outside of Miami and the contributing elements to the standard that's been created are the factors I mentioned. There is not one exception. List every playoff team since moving to the playoff model and what do those teams have in common. What are the elements that each of those teams share. Again, not one exception.

NOW look internally. Now perform an audit and build a strategy to bridge current vs future state.

Miami simply can't. We don't have the resources those schools have.. thus.. this thread.

Again, you don't know this because Miami hasn't effectively used the resources it does have to know whether or not that's true. I've already stated data that represents this claim. The objective standard is winning, Miami has the contributing resources already in place to suggest they are the best representative in football for the Coastal Division, Miami can't win the Coastal Division which shows an ineffective use of resources by personnel within the program (audit complete). Strategy moving forward is to assess and appropriately hire personnel that can begin to use those resources effectively which in turn should result in Coastal Division titles, which will allow Miami to at least have the opportunity to complete at a higher level and prove your theory one way or the other not to mention providing success to the program which should elevate resources.

Of course. That being said, winning the coastal does not equal competing for nattys.

You have to start somewhere and the real point being made is that Miami unquestionably has the resources to be the best in the Coastal every single year which in turn suggests that resources are being mismanaged. We can't confirm resources are the clear cut issue when competing for National Championships if we don't use them effectively first.

Yes, the theme is all those schools paid top dollar for the coaches and top dollar for their assistants. (The only exception is USC and what have they been up to?)

See a theme? Let me point it out to you... Clemson Assistants make nearly what our HC makes. Its called MONEY.

Now do you see it?

And yes, Wisconsin has DEFINITELY left us behind and its not even close.

Youre still not comprehending. Why is baylor ranked? What about wake forest, what about iowa state, or boise st.????????? Do they pay more than Miami? Have better athletes? Better facilities????

Advertisement
With Winning being the established standard, we can now consider what those winning teams have in common. Elite coaches, elite facilities, elite recruiting, administrations willing to reinvest revenue into their programs. Other factors but I'd guess these are the most common.

MONEY! Today's game is driven by money, conferences are driven by money, Championships are driven by Money. Money does NOT equal success but not spending money DOES EQUAL failure. Its not a coincidence we see the same conferences, the same 5 - 6 teams involved in the playoff. ALL spend Money. ALL have elite facilities. ALL have elite coaches. Why?

If our HC has to invest his own money into building a facility we are behind the times of college football and I don't see a path on how we get back.

Youre still not comprehending. Why is baylor ranked? What about wake forest, what about iowa state, or boise st.????????? Do they pay more than Miami? Have better athletes? Better facilities????

My point was DOMINANCE! We will never be a dominant program. We can be an average ACC team and compete for the coastal every few years... but that's EXACTLY my point. Thats all we're going to be. Bro, you continue to prove my point with your posts. We are a Wake Forest, BAylor on a GOOD year.

... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.

Advertisement
It's ok OP, you have FSU or UF to choose from. Or you can choose UCF, they recently won a national title.

Always a cane. But our years of dominance are gone forever. Similar to Navy in the 50/60s, Notre Dame in the 60s/70s. Just not coming back.

With Winning being the established standard, we can now consider what those winning teams have in common. Elite coaches, elite facilities, elite recruiting, administrations willing to reinvest revenue into their programs. Other factors but I'd guess these are the most common.

MONEY! Today's game is driven by money, conferences are driven by money, Championships are driven by Money. Money does NOT equal success but not spending money DOES EQUAL failure. Its not a coincidence we see the same conferences, the same 5 - 6 teams involved in the playoff. ALL spend Money. ALL have elite facilities. ALL have elite coaches. Why?

If our HC has to invest his own money into building a facility we are behind the times of college football and I don't see a path on how we get back.

The bottom line and what you can't get around regardless of how hard you try......................is that you don't know if our resources are enough specific to Miami until Miami starts using them effectively..............and it's very obvious they don't.

My point was DOMINANCE! We will never be a dominant program. We can be an average ACC team and compete for the coastal every few years... but that's EXACTLY my point. Thats all we're going to be. Bro, you continue to prove my point with your posts. We are a Wake Forest, BAylor on a GOOD year.

Lmao.

Are you still not comprehending????? The only dominant teams are bama, Clemson, ohio state. Thats it!!!!!

Wake and baylor are not in the richest talent area in the country. Miami is! ILL SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU. If we get a coach that puts us in the top 25 then recruits start coming.

Exactly like i said in my first post. Holy ****.

Advertisement
If this board's persona were molded into one human form, it would be imediately diagnosed with SEVERE bipolar - manic/depressive disorder. In Nov, 2017, with a team similar to this years team in ability, the dominant talk was about chances of beating Clemson and being in the playoffs. Now, it's about us being doomed with no chance to compete .... forever. The truth was/is somewhere in the middle of those extremes, but try telling some of these mental cases something counter to their emotional narrative and their tantrums spew forth. For being sane and rational in 2017, you'd be called a "pussý," "weak" etc. Now it gets you "slurper" "cuck" "apologist" "beta" or whatever other words their inner redneck/ghetto impulse can grab first.

Game passes us by in the Shannon(radio) years....

us never going spread offense to be on the cutting edge (like how this school was built) is a time when we shoild have bounced back to the top competing

Has the game changed since we dominated in the 80's ? Absolutely, but with that said any program is really only one good hire away from greatness.
Clemson is in the ACC, in a small state, and even though they are state school (SC) they are on top of the heap.
Now take a look at what Mack Brown and Les Miles are doing at schools that have been the dregs for years. It can happen here again, but we need people who have a keen eye for talent for our next HC.

Advertisement
Just to put things in to perspective, USC went 25 years between National Championships and 13yrs between winning at least 10 games.

Just need the right coach. It's hard to accept this b/c we're so used to winning at an unprecedented rate in the modern era, but it is what it is. We'll be back once we make the right hire.

... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.
Brother I hate to admit it but you are right.

The bottom line and what you can't get around regardless of how hard you try......................is that you don't know if our resources are enough specific to Miami until Miami starts using them effectively..............and it's very obvious they don't.

Our former HC had to help pay for an indoor facility. What evidence do you have to even assume we have enough money and resources to compete?

Just to put things in to perspective, USC went 25 years between National Championships and 13yrs between winning at least 10 games.

Just need the right coach. It's hard to accept this b/c we're so used to winning at an unprecedented rate in the modern era, but it is what it is. We'll be back once we make the right hire.

But the game has changed even since Pete Carroll. The SEC making their run was the worst thing that could've happened to college football. No conference has the money and commitment from their respective administrations as does the SEC. Ohio State and Clemson might compete because those schools resemble the SEC. Notice how in the last 5 - 10 years... its always the SEC in the mix. LSU, Alabama, UGA. Only Clemson from the ACC, only Ohio State from the Big Ten only OU from the Big 12.

Why?

MONEY! Money doesn't guaranty success but not spending it on football does mean failure.

Advertisement
Back