The game has passed us by...

Let me simply it. We don't have enough money and resources to compete. You have no evidence to the contrary.

There is also no evidence to confirm your claim that the resources Miami does have aren't enough....................and you're the only one making a claim. I'm simply debunking it due to the fact that there is no defined result as to what Miami can do in "today's game" with it's current resources when they are legitimately maximized. You don't need to simplify anything, it's clear what you're asserting you're just full of it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
While you're right, I have no 'smoking gun' I do have a lot of evidence that favors my premise. Such as our HC having to spend a million of his own money to help build an indoor facility. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson... they don't have that problem.

If Miami ever hires a top tier coach and he fails, I'll agree it's over. But hiring bad coaches then claiming their failure proves Miami can no longer compete is silly (if these coaches were failing because of Miami, at least 1 of the 4 bad hires would have found another P5 job by now)

If Urban Meyer (or even Les Miles or Leach) fails at Miami, I'll write the program's obituary. Until then, the only thing we know for sure is that bad coaches dont succeed.

While you're right, I have no 'smoking gun' I do have a lot of evidence that favors my premise. Such as our HC having to spend a million of his own money to help build an indoor facility. Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson... they don't have that problem.

Lack of an indoor facility is why Miami couldn't win the ACC coastal for almost 20 years. Ok. Makes sense.

But you don't because of reasons already stated. You don't know what Miami looks like when it's resources are maximized so you're assuming it's not enough. If your premise was fool proof Texas A&M would be playoff contenders every year in football, it's not a smoking gun it's common sense backed up by facts. Even your example of Richt is funny because Richt is also alumni.............and alumni/outside entities donate money to athletic programs all the time to include the other schools you mentioned. Monetary value of a program is an important piece to success but it's not the only piece and you certainly do not have to break the bank to find competent people to run it. If you wanted to make the claim that Miami has to be more efficient with resources than the other programs you mention to compete...................yeah that would be a spot on analysis with data to back it up. To write it off entirely and suggest that Miami's talent rich location, talent rich alumni base, or its marketable location given potential pay for play and marketing rules coming down the road aren't valid in leveling the playing field is just incorrect....................there is absolutely no data to suggest otherwise. Recruiting data alone clearly shows that if anything....................Miami's overwhelming problem right now is resource management.

Advertisement
If Miami ever hires a top tier coach and he fails, I'll agree it's over. But hiring bad coaches then claiming their failure proves Miami can no longer compete is silly (if these coaches were failing because of Miami, at least 1 of the 4 bad hires would have found another P5 job by now)

If Urban Meyer (or even Les Miles or Leach) fails at Miami, I'll write the program's obituary. Until then, the only thing we know for sure is that bad coaches dont succeed.

Miami will NEVER hire an Urban Myer nor a big name coach; a big name coach will NEVER come to Miami. The lack of indoor facility is just one OBVIOUS and simple example. We're dirt cheap and refuse to reinvest into the program. Every successful coach sees Miami as a team with a tremendous legacy but we're not a football school. We can't match the likes of the SEC or teams like OU and Ohio State. Thus.. we are where we are and we will always be here. We'll fire Manny and all the simpletons will be happy because a new coach will solve everything... Fast-forward 3 years and the simpletons will be clamoring for a new coach... rinse; repeat.

Its like this...

Fact: team looks bad

Simpletons --> fire the coach

Educated/Enlighten --> AD is incompetent; hired by an administration that doesn't support football and sees football as a necessary evil. Acknowledge the past will always be the past and we're a mid-tier ACC team.

We might make a run for the coast once every 5 - 6 years but we will NEVER be back to the dominance of our past. We will never be a perennial power like Clemson and Alabama. We were frauds in 2017 and Clemson exposed us for who we were.

Miami will NEVER hire an Urban Myer nor a big name coach; a big name coach will NEVER come to Miami. The lack of indoor facility is just one OBVIOUS and simple example. We're dirt cheap and refuse to reinvest into the program. Every successful coach sees Miami as a team with a tremendous legacy but we're not a football school. We can't match the likes of the SEC or teams like OU and Ohio State. Thus.. we are where we are and we will always be here. We'll fire Manny and all the simpletons will be happy because a new coach will solve everything... Fast-forward 3 years and the simpletons will be clamoring for a new coach... rinse; repeat.

Its like this...

Fact: team looks bad

Simpletons --> fire the coach

Educated/Enlighten --> AD is incompetent; hired by an administration that doesn't support football and sees football as a necessary evil. Acknowledge the past will always be the past and we're a mid-tier ACC team.

We might make a run for the coast once every 5 - 6 years but we will NEVER be back to the dominance of our past. We will never be a perennial power like Clemson and Alabama. We were frauds in 2017 and Clemson exposed us for who we were.

LMAO, do we not have the resources to invest or are we refusing to invest.........................which is it? In the same post you enjoy calling others simpletons you make a bolded comment that isn't even consistent with the original point................................it can't be both cause you can't refuse to use something you don't have.

LMAO, do we not have the resources to invest or are we refusing to invest.........................which is it? In the same post you enjoy calling others simpletons you make a bolded comment that isn't even consistent with the original point................................it can't be both cause you can't refuse to use something you don't have.

The little we do have we don't invest. That's painfully obvious and implied in what I was saying.

The little we do have we don't invest. That's painfully obvious and implied in what I was saying.

No, no, no....................first it was we can't compete with our resources and now it's shifting to we refuse to use them to compete. Which is it, you can't use what you don't have.

Advertisement
BINGO!!! Which is the direction Miami is going. We're in the ACC, we've been pretty decent, its cheaper than football.

I've been saying that should be our focus for years. It certainly fits our demographic better.

Advertisement
Back