The game has passed us by...

Lmao.

Are you still not comprehending????? The only dominant teams are bama, Clemson, ohio state. Thats it!!!!!

Wake and baylor are not in the richest talent area in the country. Miami is! ILL SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU. If we get a coach that puts us in the top 25 then recruits start coming.

Exactly like i said in my first post. Holy ****.

Your posts are incoherent which is further exacerbated by the fact you can't read. Ironically, your posts are actually supporting exactly what I'm saying!

Let me paraphrase to make it easy for you to comprehend:

Our years of dominance are over and never coming back. The best we will be is competing for a coastal division every few years (at best, we're a Pitt or UVA) Its not a coincidence every coach here fails. Our HC had to help pay for an indoor facility!!! Let that sink in for a minute... Name any other coach in a P5 that had to do that? Why??????

Do you get it now? We DON'T have the money/spend the money like the SEC, like Clemson, like Ohio State. We can't pay our coaches and coordinators so like these schools nor do we have the facilities to entice good coaches. Wash/repeat.

ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!

The simple-minded says we just need a new coach. That's like giving Advil to someone that needs a heart transplant....

Advertisement
Big fat ACC checks have help create the environment of mediocrity. The University does not want any issues on or off the field that will disturb the flow of money from the conference. Basically the school has become a welfare / handout athletic department.

Especially when the school cannot figure out how to have 100 coaches helping out as "analysts" like the other big schools do...

100 is a bit of an overstatement. Last I knew a few years back, Bama had 12 analysts who consulted with everyone in a back up position role basically.

The main problem is money and the gap gets bigger every year.

The big schools are pumping out 4 to 6 times the amount of potential donors/alumni each year that we are. Those state schools have more loyalty to their school than the transplant students we generally have. They stick around at those schools and have multiple generations that support those big schools.

College football has never been more about money than it is now.

We can compete here and there, but the once dominant program we were, I would almost bet everything I own never happens again. That isn't what people want to year, but you don't always want to hear the truth in life.

Our former HC had to help pay for an indoor facility. What evidence do you have to even assume we have enough money and resources to compete?

I never made the claim Miami did I'm just pointing out that your stance is invalid while citing data to back up my point. My premise is quite clear and has been communicated numerous times, there is a reason why you can't directly answer my question even though I've asked and followed up repetitively through statements. You don't know that the resources are enough if they're not being used to their most effective capacity first......................quite frankly no one does.

Advertisement
I think most people understand that what we did under Butch will never be replicated. I don’t know how others feels but I just want to be a perennial top 15-20 team with a shot at the playoffs every 3-4 years. That is very doable with a competent coaching staff.
What we have now is far from that.
To me that's the point. Why are we always talking about bama? Let's try fcking being Wisconsin first. Let's try to get the most out of the talent we have easy access to. Everyone talks tough about how they don't care about the Coastal, but that's fcking stupid. We've won the thing once, let's try to win that again. I'm not saying that's the ceiling, but you have to walk before you can run. And at this point we're lying in the gutter trying not to drown in our own vomit. And our shoelaces are tied together. And I think we're blindfolded, but maybe we're just too drunk to open our eyes. Whatever, we're having trouble walking, so let's get that sorted first.

But the game has changed even since Pete Carroll. The SEC making their run was the worst thing that could've happened to college football. No conference has the money and commitment from their respective administrations as does the SEC. Ohio State and Clemson might compete because those schools resemble the SEC. Notice how in the last 5 - 10 years... its always the SEC in the mix. LSU, Alabama, UGA. Only Clemson from the ACC, only Ohio State from the Big Ten only OU from the Big 12.

Why?

MONEY! Money doesn't guaranty success but not spending it on football does mean failure.

You don’t think CFB changed from the 70’s to the 80’s, to the 90’s, to the 2000’s? Of course it has, and the SEC has reigned on top before, my friend. CFB goes through cycles. Clemson wasn’t always like this; Clemson was a joke of a program. OSU took forever to get back to this level, as well. So did Bama. Texas went forever between National titles.

Miami is just ran by incompetence at this point. There’s no reason for this program to be operated like a 3rd world program. ****, look at UCF competing w the big boys. Boise St, Iowa St. my friend, I know it looks hopeless, but programs have gone through vicious cycles. The only way we were able to counter bags was promising parents (w/ our production on the field) that their babies were going to win and get a bigger bag at the next level.

Until that happens, until players are not being wasted here, yeah we’ll be on the outside looking in. Until Miami become serious about football, then we won’t return. If they do, we can ride from the ashes.

Advertisement
Why basketball is this school's future. Only need a very small fraction of the good players and resources that winning big in football requires. Resources-wise, we are a relative pauper in today's big-bucks football world.

I never made the claim Miami did I'm just pointing out that your stance is invalid while citing data to back up my point. My premise is quite clear and has been communicated numerous times, there is a reason why you can't directly answer my question even though I've asked and followed up repetitively through statements. You don't know that the resources are enough if they're not being used to their most effective capacity first......................quite frankly no one does.

So without clear, empirical data that NO ONE has access to (duh), we're left with reviewing what circumstantial evidence we do have:

a) Our coach helped pay for the indoor practice facility. Why?
b) Our coaching staff consists of unproven commodities from lesser know schools requiring very low compensation in comparison with our competition. Why?
c) Our attendance is the lowest in the ACC (Ticket sales) - Esp compared to Clemson and Alabama. Financial Impact?
d) Our Alumni contributions are significantly lower than Clemson and Alabama. Financial Impact?
e) Our facilities are antiquated. Why?
f) we have an AD with limited to no experience. Why?

With my premise being we are not returning to dominance, my comparisons are Clemson and Alabama.

Obviously, I cannot perform a financial audit of their 2020 budget and do not have access to their revenue... but the evidence is fairly clear we do not have the financial resources of Clemson and Alabama.

And a good coach will only help us compete for a coastal championship. We will never consistently compete at the national level for the reasons stated above.

we do not have the money

Why basketball is this school's future. Only need a very small fraction of the good players and resources that winning big in football requires. Resources-wise, we are a relative pauper in today's big-bucks football world.

BINGO!!! Which is the direction Miami is going. We're in the ACC, we've been pretty decent, its cheaper than football.

The main problem is money and the gap gets bigger every year.

The big schools are pumping out 4 to 6 times the amount of potential donors/alumni each year that we are. Those state schools have more loyalty to their school than the transplant students we generally have. They stick around at those schools and have multiple generations that support those big schools.

College football has never been more about money than it is now.

We can compete here and there, but the once dominant program we were, I would almost bet everything I own never happens again. That isn't what people want to year, but you don't always want to hear the truth in life.

Nailed it!. Today's game is ALL ABOUT THE.. MONEY! While the richest aren't guaranteed success, the poor are guaranteed failure. Since the SEC began their reign, its become a bidding war and the highest bidders are the only ones at the table. Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, UGA, OU, LSU, etc. all big time budgets and money to spend.

Then you have little' ol cheap Miami losing to GTech. You get what you pay for.. no surprises here.

Advertisement
Your posts are incoherent which is further exacerbated by the fact you can't read. Ironically, your posts are actually supporting exactly what I'm saying!

Let me paraphrase to make it easy for you to comprehend:

Our years of dominance are over and never coming back. The best we will be is competing for a coastal division every few years (at best, we're a Pitt or UVA) Its not a coincidence every coach here fails. Our HC had to help pay for an indoor facility!!! Let that sink in for a minute... Name any other coach in a P5 that had to do that? Why??????

Do you get it now? We DON'T have the money/spend the money like the SEC, like Clemson, like Ohio State. We can't pay our coaches and coordinators so like these schools nor do we have the facilities to entice good coaches. Wash/repeat.

ITS NOT GOING TO CHANGE!

The simple-minded says we just need a new coach. That's like giving Advil to someone that needs a heart transplant....

Youre the guy that thinks he is the smartest in the room yet everyone around knows different. You still cant comprehend but im the dumb one.

Keep porsting.

If miami had iowa states staff we would be contenders. Yet you think miami has no chance which is beyond stupid.

You know Fake Blames was like, “Manny, Richt said I should hire you back... but sell yourself a little”

Manny be all like, “I’m a firm believer in analytics”

Blames quickly responds, “you’re hired!”

Hey, I heard Manny was big into analytics. Or was it analtickles? Dang, I can't remember.

So without clear, empirical data that NO ONE has access to (duh), we're left with reviewing what circumstantial evidence we do have:

b) Our coaching staff consists of unproven commodities from lesser know schools requiring very low compensation in comparison with our competition. Why?
c) Our attendance is the lowest in the ACC (Ticket sales) - Esp compared to Clemson and Alabama. Financial Impact?
d) Our Alumni contributions are significantly lower than Clemson and Alabama. Financial Impact?

With my premise being we are not returning to dominance, my comparisons are Clemson and Alabama.

Obviously, I cannot perform a financial audit of their 2020 budget and do not have access to their revenue... but the evidence is fairly clear we do not have the financial resources of Clemson and Alabama.

And a good coach will only help us compete for a coastal championship. We will never consistently compete at the national level for the reasons stated above.

we do not have the money

LOL, circumstantial evidence with a bunch of unanswered questions (while making the clear statement that money is THE direct correlation to winning even though Texas A&M leads the nation in most monetary categories yet can't win big) leads to clear evidence and a definitive conclusion....................................in other words this is your opinion and nothing more. Thank you for clearing that up.

Advertisement

we do not have the money

Also, I've given clear data that shows how mismanaged Miami's resources are (it's not difficult to find) and what's even funnier.................................for such a "duh" statement you keep swinging away at a premise that can't be proven when the variable in question isn't distributed effectively to define the optimal impact for the subject.

I think most people understand that what we did under Butch will never be replicated. I don’t know how others feels but I just want to be a perennial top 15-20 team with a shot at the playoffs every 3-4 years. That is very doable with a competent coaching staff.
What we have now is far from that.
After what we've had the past 15 years (Whole lot of nothing) I'll take a playoff appearance twice a decade.

Also, I've given clear data that shows how mismanaged Miami's resources are (it's not difficult to find) and what's even funnier.................................for such a "duh" statement you keep swinging away at a premise that can't be proven when the variable in question isn't distributed effectively to define the optimal impact for the subject.

Let me simply it. We don't have enough money and resources to compete. You have no evidence to the contrary.

Advertisement
Back