The game has passed us by...

No clue what youre talking about. Location definitely matters. If we start running the coastal and playing Clemson every year in the acc championship game the recruits will roll in from south Florida. Fact.

Are you even thinking before you type or do your emotions take over and you just bang your keyboard and home something makes sense.

Never did I say location didn't matter. And.. "If we start running the coastal" bro, use you're brain. Really... when do you suppose that will happen? We can't even beat the last place team in the coastal. The ONLY time we won the coastal we were exposed for being a fraud. Why? Because the game has passed us by.. we can't keep up with the Clemson's, the LSU's, the Wisconsin's.

Advertisement
I shudder to think what a 24/7 with Miami would look like. Footage of our coaches trying to recruit a kicker at an intramural soccer game or perhaps signing up walk-on Olinemen at the university’s food court. But nothing would beat a day in the life of Manny as he drives down to the finest jeweler in the Gables to get some new bling for the team.

Oh my.. man, I'd love/hate to see that. Just imagine giving awards after losing to Florida. The film room during bye weeks. Half-time speech against GT. Man... that would be amazing.

... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.

News flash; it was obvious for years that Miami would never be "back" as this fan base's definition of back is playing for national tiles multiple times per decade while being a pipeline to the NFL regarding first round talent.

The minute Saban set up shop in Tuscaloosa, that party was over—and now Clemson is doing their part to emulate an SEC football factory powerhouse.

All Miami can do at this point is get good enough to consistently be in the Coastal hunt—occasionally winning an ACC title, that arguably gets you in the Playoffs.

Such is the case for most teams in college football; OU has to win the Big 12 to get there, Ohio State has to win the Big Ten, Alabama has to win the SEC.

Win your division and competing for conference titles can punch your ticket to the Playoffs. Miami can catch up to THAT—it's simply not going to ever get back to the dominant force it was in 2001, which should be expected as a private school without big time donor and booster money has no business being a top the sport in an era where the sport has become big money.

This is hardly late breaking news.

No it's the root cause of the problem, if you don't start with Miami and their inability to effectively/efficiently use their resources how can you come to a conclusion on whether or not the resources are enough to compete with those external variables?? If it's a simple matter of money and resources why can't Texas A&M win anything given they are #1? Why does Miami continuously out perform everyone in the Coastal in recruiting yet can't win the Coastal? You're just making **** up to float a narrative, the variables at play don't confirm this at all.

Basically we can do like Oklahoma State or Oregon and win like the......wait....they dont win sh*t either.

Ninja just talking about money, stadium seats and everything else that have nothing to do with football on a daily basis or the main root of the issues.

Sounds like someone who never really played the sport and is into "gimmicks" and the bells and whistles....sh*t..sounds like our current head coach.

Advertisement
Oh my.. man, I'd love/hate to see that. Just imagine giving awards after losing to Florida. The film room during bye weeks. Half-time speech against GT. Man... that would be amazing.

just spit everywhere all over the camera

No it's the root cause of the problem, if you don't start with Miami and their inability to effectively/efficiently use their resources how can you come to a conclusion on whether or not the resources are enough to compete with those external variables?? If it's a simple matter of money and resources why can't Texas A&M win anything given they are #1? Why does Miami continuously out perform everyone in the Coastal in recruiting yet can't win the Coastal? You're just making **** up to float a narrative, the variables at play don't confirm this at all.

Then what is the objective standard? Do we determine the standard or is the standard established outside of Miami. Obviously, the standard is determined outside of Miami and the contributing elements to the standard that's been created are the factors I mentioned. There is not one exception. List every playoff team since moving to the playoff model and what do those teams have in common. What are the elements that each of those teams share. Again, not one exception.

NOW look internally. Now perform an audit and build a strategy to bridge current vs future state.

Miami simply can't. We don't have the resources those schools have.. thus.. this thread.

Are you even thinking before you type or do your emotions take over and you just bang your keyboard and home something makes sense.

Never did I say location didn't matter. And.. "If we start running the coastal" bro, use you're brain. Really... when do you suppose that will happen? We can't even beat the last place team in the coastal. The ONLY time we won the coastal we were exposed for being a fraud. Why? Because the game has passed us by.. we can't keep up with the Clemson's, the LSU's, the Wisconsin's.

Lol ok dude.

Its called getting the right coach. Said that in my 1st post you replyed to.

Keep spewing this nonsense that Wisconsin has passed us by yet they haven't won ****.

The only schools that have passed EVERYONE by are bama, Clemson, ohio state. THATS IT.

Advertisement
To get the "coach" we need the money. And we're clearly not willing to spend it. This goes beyond the coach. Let's say we find a diamond in the rough? He won't be sticking with us for 3+ years before a bigger school with more $ comes along. Putting us in a place where we need to start over.

To get the "coach" we need the money. And we're clearly not willing to spend it. This goes beyond the coach. Let's say we find a diamond in the rough? He won't be sticking with us for 3+ years before a bigger school with more $ comes along. Putting us in a place where we need to start over.
I remember the spin when Mark Richt was hired that Miami was willing to open their wallet to get serious in football. Then they hired a choad after he retired.

Lol ok dude.

Its called getting the right coach. Said that in my 1st post you replyed to.

Keep spewing this nonsense that Wisconsin has passed us by yet they haven't won ****.

The only schools that have passed EVERYONE by are bama, Clemson, ohio state. THATS IT.

Confirms it. You don't think...

Even with a Coastal crown, Wisconsin dominated us (twice) and they're an upper tier team Big 10. Not even elite. Yet even our best season in nearly two decades, we still got dominated even though we were at home. The just further proves my point of how far behind we are..

I'll take this a step further, Miami is consistently recruiting the top class in the Coastal division yet can only win the division one time. That is a coaching and development issue.............................which transitions to the hiring of coaches. Five unsuccessful hires in almost 20 years and the last two were completely reactionary. Richt leaves UGA, admin reacts without assessing. Richt retires from Miami, admin reacts without assessing. Not only does this admin not look at the big picture of the decision making process through thorough assessments and interviews, they've shown they don't learn from their mistakes.
Of course. That being said, winning the coastal does not equal competing for nattys.

Advertisement
I went to every home game 2001-2005. The stadium was completely full maybe four times: FSU 2002, UF 2003, FSU 2004, and one of the VT games.

The problem that overshadows EVERYTHING is the people leading the program from the coaches, to the guys who hired them, to the Board that gave the OK.

If Urban Meyer was coaching here, the stadium would still not be full vs GT and we would be 6-1 after destroying them.
You forgot UT 2003, UW 2001, VT 2002, Pitt 2002 was packed too.

Even with a Coastal crown, Wisconsin dominated us (twice) and they're an upper tier team Big 10. Not even elite. Yet even our best season in nearly two decades, we still got dominated even though we were at home. The just further proves my point of how far behind we are..

Lol ok dude. Youre a genius.

Yep. That's why Butch left. We are a launching pad to a school / NFL team that has money. Unlike Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama and the other teams I mentioned. We are not the destination... we are not the end goal. Why? Because the game has passed us by. No legit coach will tolerate this administration, lack of facilities, lack stadium, lack of commitment.

Advertisement
I remember the spin when Mark Richt was hired that Miami was willing to open their wallet to get serious in football. Then they hired a choad after he retired.

Agree. I thought the tide was shifting then, but it looks like we're back to bad habits, due to Blake. But Blake's clock is ticking. His seat is red hot with letdowns across the board, but most importantly, the biggest moneymaker.

Right now, our best hope would be for Blake to be fired and Diaz bought out. That's the real rebuild that's needed.

2017 wasn’t our best season in almost 2 decades. 2003 was definitely better than 2017 and it was only 14 years before 2017. 2004 and 2005 were probably better seasons than 2017 as well.

2017 wasn’t our best season in almost 2 decades. 2003 was definitely better than 2017 and it was only 14 years before 2017. 2004 and 2005 were probably better seasons than 2017 as well.

ALMOST two decades. Not literally.. like.. a long time. Figure of speech.

Advertisement
Back