The game has passed us by...

What the **** has UGA, Washington, Michigan, Penn State won?. We just lost to uF by less than a score this year.

The only teams legitimately above is Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio State. We are on par on the rest when we are clicking

UGA and Washington have both been in the playoff. Michigan will out pay anyone for a good head coach and over 100k fans every home game. Penn State has over 105k fans and passionate about their football. ALL FOUR schools are state schools, with massive stadiums and massive alumni. We can't compete... as evidenced by the last 12 years.

UF was only close because it was a rivalry. Lets go play ANY of those teams I mentioned and lets see how we do. Our talent is only competitive because of location.

Advertisement
This should cheer you up.

B02433F5-AEFF-42EC-B105-DF02174F7C40.gif

3C1B32BD-AA1E-47C6-980E-BF7FDE92C226.gif

Unfortunately I have to agree that our fantastic 20 year run that began in ‘83 will never be duplicated at Miami. Don’t kid yourself, no chance in **** of happening. College football has become “over priced” for Miami to think it can compete with Alabama, Ohio State, etc. But it would be nice, and achievable with the support of the school administration, for us to have a top 10 team six out of ten years. Anyone who thinks we have a shot of competing for a national championship within the next five years, is daydreaming, I don’t care if we hire ten Butch Davises.

The game passed us by and it's our own doing. With all the success we had no one in charge at Miami ever bothered to look towards the future. Other programs were building stadiums, upgrading facilities while we said we are Miami, we don't need that stuff. Let the OB die without a fight. Now we are trying to play catch up and other programs just keep raising the bar. Add in our inability to hire a competent coach and staff and this is what you get.

So crazy to me, I don't remember a lot of these threads in 2017.

Oh well, I'm sure there were a ton. Probably just slipped my mind.

Advertisement
... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.

Yeah. There's a HIGH PROBABILITY that Miami will become just another middle-of-the pack college football team ( Especially with Diaz as coach. ). OUCH! Oh well. At least I have several Top 10 teams to show keen interest in and what not. If U Know What I Mean.

LISTEN UP. We dont need bama money to compete.

If miami starts being ranked in the top 25 EVERY year with a exciting offense and solid defense then recruiting will take care of itself. These kids dont want to lose. Plain and simple.

The thing Miami is missing is a good coach that can get us to that point.

Miami has 1 built in advantage! Location!!!!! Will we get every south Florida stud?? NOPE. but if a coach starts winning then more of them stay home.

Its not rocket science.

This

Start consistently being a ranked team, and finishing the seasons ranked, appear in the ACC championship rather frequently (shouldn't be hard playing in the coastal if your staff isnt a complete ******* clown show), dont get destroyed by clemson every time (be respectable) and win some good bowl games. If we can be competitive, more and more kids will stay. Then you get to a point that you match enough talent with good coaching and you will start winning more. When that happens you can start adding even more elite talent and you have a stew cooking. Its a snowball effect.

Step one is to get serious about football, purge all the beta cucks from making football decisions, hire some killers and we are back to being a respectable top 10-15 program on a yearly basis.

Advertisement
You know the older you get (I’m 39) the more I start realizing how difficult it really is for a school like Miami to be successful especially with leadership that isn’t 100% committed. Disadvantages with Alumni Money, Money to spend on football team, now with recruiting being so much more accessible. It’s rather depressing
What we did was never done by a school like Miami. The closest USC and even they we an old powerhouse with massive alum base. College football today is almost identical to what is was when we destroyed it the first time. Same schools with big conferences controlling it. The one difference was the NCAA had MORE power because it controlled the TV contract - one national game a week with one regional in each region. Once we won the first title we were the hotest TV product and were on about every week. Your best shot to be on TV was to play us. That is why we got everyone to play us.

The law suit breaking NCAA's hold on TV is the big difference. Endless games on TV and kids can get on TV anywhere. That is the one thing outside of Donna that hurt us. We never had the facilities of UC, UT, NE, Bama .... They mostly all played option or smashmouth football. We broke the option for the most part and usually only lost a smashmouth team when we beat ourselves. Want is different is that before Howard, about the only national team that recruited Miami inner city was OU. Now everyone does.

We can do it again but we have to get the difference makers, the big time players who will make that big time play. We can't get them all anymore but if we could get 3 or 4 on each side of the ball it could happen.

What the **** has UGA, Washington, Michigan, Penn State won?. We just lost to uF by less than a score this year.

The only teams legitimately above is Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio State. We are on par on the rest when we are clicking

Dude, THAT FLORIDA GAME WAS AN " aberration!! " An ANOMALY, for instance. The same goes for the win over Virginia.

Otherwise, EXPLAIN how Miami loses the following week to ONE of the WORST teams in Power 5 football???????????????

And explain how Miami has a losing record against lame **** teams????????????????

I don't know dude. I'm guessing your still a Diaz loyalist and all that. Because from my perspective, the two of youse's are full of EXCUSES! Nothing more, nothing less.

UGA and Washington have both been in the playoff. Michigan will out pay anyone for a good head coach and over 100k fans every home game. Penn State has over 105k fans and passionate about their football. ALL FOUR schools are state schools, with massive stadiums and massive alumni. We can't compete... as evidenced by the last 12 years.

UF was only close because it was a rivalry. Lets go play ANY of those teams I mentioned and lets see how we do. Our talent is only competitive because of location.

HUH?. Your talking about how much fans are in the stadium?. Michigan sucks....Penn state is also some sh*t. They arent good football programs dont care how much they pay. Honestly the only thing of relevance i can remember of Mich is Jadaeveon Clowney killing a michigan rb. Penn state...

Washington has hit their peak..there is no up from where they are at..they have a ceiling that we dont have.UGA is a sacrificial lamb for whomever comes out the sec west..**** they lost to usc already this year. Only the teams i listed are a definitive tier above us. Everyone else is in our tier just with "average coaching"..i mean Richt did it one year.

Advertisement
LISTEN UP. We dont need bama money to compete.

If miami starts being ranked in the top 25 EVERY year with a exciting offense and solid defense then recruiting will take care of itself. These kids dont want to lose. Plain and simple.

The thing Miami is missing is a good coach that can get us to that point.

Miami has 1 built in advantage! Location!!!!! Will we get every south Florida stud?? NOPE. but if a coach starts winning then more of them stay home.

Its not rocket science.

Location is no longer the selling point it once was... CFB has become a BIG TIME BUSINESS. Money Talks. Facilities, alumni, boosters, fans, national exposure... we offer nothing. Other than.. hey, we're close to home. That worked back in the 80s but that methodology is archaic. Where did Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, DJ Williams, Ken Dorsey, etc come from... location is OVERRATED in today's CFB. And THAT is why the game has passed us by...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190829-181705_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190829-181705_Google.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Your point isn't wrong...but it is shortsighted. It's a common logical trap. Humans are able to understand that the present is different than the past, but for some reason also assume that the future will be the same as the present. It's inconsistent.

Today's college football does not favor Miami, no. But tomorrow's college football will be different. How? I have no clue, but it will be different. It might or might not benefit Miami. Who knows?

Maybe when players are compensated for their own likeness Miami will be able to compete again, because of how much larger the South Florida market is than the small college towns where these kids play? I don't know.

But you can't assume that the current state of the game is the permanent state of the game.

My fear is the current state vs future state will only perpetuate our problem. We have fallen behind in every tangible way, from facilities, to stadium, to administration's commitment. I fear the future will only exacerbate the problem.

... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.
I can feel your pain but don't wallow in it. There are teams out there that are doing more with less than we have. ****, we just lost to a few of them. The course we are currently on can certainly change in the future. As far as the local kids go, well we need to change our recruitment tactics with them. We cannot afford to have verbal commits that are just playing us and we need to go outside the local area for talent groups that are actually better in other parts of the country (e.g. Offensive and Defensive lines, QB, etc).

The Canes of the past we MIAMI kids who wanted to showcase their talents locally, in front of home town crowds. Not ALL were 4-5 star recruits. On the contrary, they were kids with immense pride and heart. I see nothing of that in the majority of the players on this team. We need to find the other kind again to start a comeback.

As hard as it may sound....keep the faith. Maybe we'll never see another NC. Maybe the best we'll become is a perennial 9-11 win team. No one knows. But know this...the sooner we get to that consistent 9-11 win level...the sooner we'll have a shot.

HUH?. Your talking about how much fans are in the stadium?. Michigan sucks....Penn state is also some sh*t. They arent good football programs dont care how much they pay. Honestly the only thing of relevance i can remember of Mich is Jadaeveon Clowney killing a michigan rb. Penn state...

Washington has hit their peak..there is no up from where they are at..they have a ceiling that we dont have.UGA is a sacrificial lamb for whomever comes out the sec west..**** they lost to usc already this year. Only the teams i listed are a definitive tier above us. Everyone else is in our tier just with "average coaching"..i mean Richt did it one year.

The reality is those teams will ALWAYS be competitive and ranked because they have the money, the administration and facilities to keep them there. We do not. That is my point.

We are living back in the 80s and 90s. Hoping some Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson can come in here.. us against the world... and magically dominate again. The game has passed us by... It makes life a lot more tolerable knowing Miami is who Miam is... a mid to bottom ACC team with a tremendous legacy.

Advertisement
Back