The game has passed us by...

I can feel your pain but don't wallow in it. There are teams out there that are doing more with less than we have. ****, we just lost to a few of them. The course we are currently on can certainly change in the future. As far as the local kids go, well we need to change our recruitment tactics with them. We cannot afford to have verbal commits that are just playing us and we need to go outside the local area for talent groups that are actually better in other parts of the country (e.g. Offensive and Defensive lines, QB, etc).

The Canes of the past we MIAMI kids who wanted to showcase their talents locally, in front of home town crowds. Not ALL were 4-5 star recruits. On the contrary, they were kids with immense pride and heart. I see nothing of that in the majority of the players on this team. We need to find the other kind again to start a comeback.

As hard as it may sound....keep the faith. Maybe we'll never see another NC. Maybe the best we'll become is a perennial 9-11 win team. No one knows. But know this...the sooner we get to that consistent 9-11 win level...the sooner we'll have a shot.

I hear you man. Its just humiliating wearing a Miami shirt on Friday, telling friends that GT is exactly what Miami needs to get things right. Sporting the U around town.... then... reality hits. We just can't compete in today's game.

Advertisement
HUH?. Your talking about how much fans are in the stadium?. Michigan sucks....Penn state is also some sh*t. They arent good football programs dont care how much they pay. Honestly the only thing of relevance i can remember of Mich is Jadaeveon Clowney killing a michigan rb. Penn state...

Washington has hit their peak..there is no up from where they are at..they have a ceiling that we dont have.UGA is a sacrificial lamb for whomever comes out the sec west..**** they lost to usc already this year. Only the teams i listed are a definitive tier above us. Everyone else is in our tier just with "average coaching"..i mean Richt did it one year.

Sorry my man. But you're speaking out of your **** WHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, man. YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST concerning Hurricane football. And that's just a crying shame. If you know what I mean.

USC was dead for decades.

OSU didnt win a title for decades.

Nebraska hasnt won in a quarter century.

Michigan hasnt won in a quarter century.

Penn State and UGA havent won since the 80s.

The point is its really ******* hard to win a championship.

Miami fans for so long have really under appreciated how difficult it is, and what an incredible job Howard Schnellenberger did to create what we became.

This leads to fans and boosters and even former players all shouting “miami just needs a decent coach who can recruit good!” or “miami needs a guy with swag”. or “miami needs someone to understand the culture”.

These simplistic folks view Miami as some mystical. That as soon as a guy becomes coach here, as long as he “embraces how we act” he will magically win.

The reality is if we do not hire a guy like what Howard was, or what Pete Carroll was to USC, we will be dead forever.

Sorry my man. But you're speaking out of your **** WHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, man. YOU ARE LIVING IN THE PAST concerning Hurricane football. And that's just a crying shame. If you know what I mean.

Exactly. Our TIER is VT, UNC and GT. The middle-to-bottom of the worst P5 team in the country. That is our tier in today's game.

The reality is those teams will ALWAYS be competitive and ranked because they have the money, the administration and facilities to keep them there. We do not. That is my point.

We are living back in the 80s and 90s. Hoping some Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson can come in here.. us against the world... and magically dominate again. The game has passed us by... It makes life a lot more tolerable knowing Miami is who Miam is... a mid to bottom ACC team with a tremendous legacy.

Preach on, man! These dudes just DON'T want to deal with REALITY of the Orange and Green degree!

Advertisement
USC was dead for decades.

OSU didnt win a title for decades.

Nebraska hasnt won in a quarter century.

Michigan hasnt won in a quarter century.

Penn State and UGA havent won since the 80s.

The point is its really ******* hard to win a championship.

Miami fans for so long have really under appreciated how difficult it is, and what an incredible job Howard Schnellenberger did to create what we became.

This leads to fans and boosters and even former players all shouting “miami just needs a decent coach who can recruit good!” or “miami needs a guy with swag”. or “miami needs someone to understand the culture”.

These simplistic folks view Miami as some mystical. That as soon as a guy becomes coach here, as long as he “embraces how we act” he will magically win.

The reality is if we do not hire a guy like what Howard was, or what Pete Carroll was to USC, we will be dead forever.

F that CornSUCKER team and F Michigan and Penn. St., too. We kick their ****s all over the place! Think Pacino's character in Scarface.:ttdg2m10mxvzxan.jpg:

The issue isn't the game, the times, or the resources......................it's incompetent people in positions of power within the program no more, no less. This is just story telling and narrative.....................................the powers that be haven't used the resources they have nearly effectively enough to know whether or not the resources can compete, whether it's coaches or admin.

... shut it down, boys. We will never be 'back'

Today's game is a totally different animal and we simply don't have (and never will have) the infrastructure to be dominant again. How do we compete with Clemson, Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, OU, Washington, Auburn, UGA, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Penn State, etc. They are ALL state schools with tremendous facilities and administrations that value football.

The ONLY competitive advantage is our location. Its not the 80s/90s where we blazed teams with speed... What Butch did will NEVER be replicated. It was an anomaly. In fact it hasn't happened since... anywhere. Our legacy is old/dated... today's kids didn't watch Miami dominate and don't envy Miami. (kids BORN in 2001 are in college)

Time to accept the fact, we are who we've been and will continue to be, since 2006. Its not a coincidence or bad luck. Today's game has passed us by and we will NOT catch up.

All of that might be true BUT we don't have to be complicit in our demise.
Our administration makes bad lazy decisions.
That has nothing to do with what you stated.
The coaches they hire make bad lazy decisions.
That has nothing to do with what you stated.
We are not maximizing our abilities as a football program within the resources we have available period.

You know the older you get (I’m 39) the more I start realizing how difficult it really is for a school like Miami to be successful especially with leadership that isn’t 100% committed. Disadvantages with Alumni Money, Money to spend on football team, now with recruiting being so much more accessible. It’s rather depressing

Not only more accessible, recruiting has gotten so much dirtier as college football has turned into a huge industry.

Advertisement
What the **** has UGA, Washington, Michigan, Penn State won?. We just lost to uF by less than a score this year.

The only teams legitimately above is Bama, Clemson, OU, Ohio State. We are on par on the rest when we are clicking

Is this now the new moronic calling card of the program?

If you think the team, or program, is on par with those "others" that you listed, then you are dumber than the Intern.

Go watch HBO's 24/7 with Penn State and see it for yourself....those dudes run circles around our clown crew.

I'll take this a step further, Miami is consistently recruiting the top class in the Coastal division yet can only win the division one time. That is a coaching and development issue.............................which transitions to the hiring of coaches. Five unsuccessful hires in almost 20 years and the last two were completely reactionary. Richt leaves UGA, admin reacts without assessing. Richt retires from Miami, admin reacts without assessing. Not only does this admin not look at the big picture of the decision making process through thorough assessments and interviews, they've shown they don't learn from their mistakes.

Location is no longer the selling point it once was... CFB has become a BIG TIME BUSINESS. Money Talks. Facilities, alumni, boosters, fans, national exposure... we offer nothing. Other than.. hey, we're close to home. That worked back in the 80s but that methodology is archaic. Where did Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne, DJ Williams, Ken Dorsey, etc come from... location is OVERRATED in today's CFB. And THAT is why the game has passed us by...

No clue what youre talking about. Location definitely matters. If we start running the coastal and playing Clemson every year in the acc championship game the recruits will roll in from south Florida. Fact.

When you have guys sunshine pumping for Diaz to get the job when an actual NFL coach (Pagano) is interested, and declare that Pagano sucks bc he isnt as **** looking in a popped collar, then you get teams that suck ***.

I remember most of the fanbase being upset that Rex Ryan was mentioned as well. Rex Ryan and Chuck Pagano and Mike Leach and Butch Davis and on and on have more football knowledge in their lower hanging ******** than Manny Diaz has in his whole body.

But Diaz “looks cool” and “has twitter troll game” and “is like Tony Montana” and “trolled Willie!”. And here we are.

For once Id love our admin, BOT, and the moron segment of our fans to actually look at a guys resume before they jerk him off to be the next head coach.

Advertisement
The reality is those teams will ALWAYS be competitive and ranked because they have the money, the administration and facilities to keep them there. We do not. That is my point.

We are living back in the 80s and 90s. Hoping some Butch Davis or Jimmy Johnson can come in here.. us against the world... and magically dominate again. The game has passed us by... It makes life a lot more tolerable knowing Miami is who Miam is... a mid to bottom ACC team with a tremendous legacy.

In 2 years in THIS DECADE...UF has won only 4 games.
Michigan has had a 5 win season.
Penn state for the most part have been a 7-8 win team the last decade.

Miami is what we are but no need to hype of these other schools who are in the same exact position with a roof on their programs tht we dont have. We get a competent coaching staff in place....We sky rocket. Those teams have 1 and cant get no higher than an occasional 10 win fluky season

The issue isn't the game, the times, or the resources......................it's incompetent people in positions of power within the program no more, no less. This is just story telling and narrative.....................................the powers that be haven't used the resources they have nearly effectively enough to know whether or not the resources can compete, whether it's coaches or admin.

That is an overly simplistic and narrow view of the problem and only focusing on Miami. So looking internally, you are right... but external events have change exponentially over the past two decades. The SEC has elevated college football and has the entire country playing catch up. Universities are now paying coaches 8 figures. Stadiums have grown to over 100k. Revenues for schools are at all time highs and being reinvested into the programs.

Our stadium is freaking 45 minutes away we and haven't filled it in three years. We FINALLY have an indoor facility because our freaking coach had to spend his own money.

Its over.

F U! Dude has a PULSE on what' taking place in Thee Gables. And it isn't all roses and pretty pink daisies. dUh
F yourself. Who the fvck said it was? But saying, "oh well, I'll just bend over and take it", isn't a winning strategy.

OP is saying we'll never be back, so accept it. Well, I refuse to accept that.

Advertisement
That is an overly simplistic and narrow view of the problem and only focusing on Miami. So looking internally, you are right... but external events have change exponentially over the past two decades. The SEC has elevated college football and has the entire country playing catch up. Universities are now paying coaches 8 figures. Stadiums have grown to over 100k. Revenues for schools are at all time highs and being reinvested into the programs.

Our stadium is freaking 45 minutes away we and haven't filled it in three years. We FINALLY have an indoor facility because our freaking coach had to spend his own money.

Its over.

I went to every home game 2001-2005. The stadium was completely full maybe four times: FSU 2002, UF 2003, FSU 2004, and one of the VT games.

The problem that overshadows EVERYTHING is the people leading the program from the coaches, to the guys who hired them, to the Board that gave the OK.

If Urban Meyer was coaching here, the stadium would still not be full vs GT and we would be 6-1 after destroying them.

If you think the team, or program, is on par with those "others" that you listed, then you are dumber than the Intern.

Go watch HBO's 24/7 with Penn State and see it for yourself....those dudes run circles around our clown crew.

Go watch HBO 24-7 to see what?. Yall are currently hyping up UF and Penn State. We played UF and SHOULD HAVE WON. Thats with the bum *** coaching staff we currently have. Legitimately if Perry starts that game we likely win that 1.

Yall d*ck ride anything...just simple you can tell by your answer...im suppose to watch a reality show to see for myself about football that i already KNOW. Just like ESPN also tells you the SEC is just the most mammoth of conferences in football thats unbeatable. UGA is a unbreakable force, yada yada.....College football is currently about 4 elite teams and everybody else is the also rans.

None of the schools you listed can do what UM can do with a competent coaching staff..the same Penn State your hyping included....Why ...BECAUSE we are smack dab in the most fertile high school football area in the country and that isnt changing anytime soon. There isnt any area in America that has more talent than these 3 counties.

A competent coaching staff that puts together two consistent winning seasons is a DIRECT problem to the elite status. We havent had that since like 04.

Keep in mind im not saying we just have to recruit south florida...but we have lacked foresight to this and honestly it starts with the administration...as i dont think they care if we win...they are raking in money. Add to it the sheer incompetence they have in their circle well its obvious the product we have.

I shudder to think what a 24/7 with Miami would look like. Footage of our coaches trying to recruit a kicker at an intramural soccer game or perhaps signing up walk-on Olinemen at the university’s food court. But nothing would beat a day in the life of Manny as he drives down to the finest jeweler in the Gables to get some new bling for the team.

Its over.

No it's the root cause of the problem, if you don't start with Miami and their inability to effectively/efficiently use their resources how can you come to a conclusion on whether or not the resources are enough to compete with those external variables?? If it's a simple matter of money and resources why can't Texas A&M win anything given they are #1? Why does Miami continuously out perform everyone in the Coastal in recruiting yet can't win the Coastal? You're just making **** up to float a narrative, the variables at play don't confirm this at all. According to your logic, Miami's resources (specifically player talent) is consistently better than anyone else in the Coastal Division according to recruiting data.....................so Miami should be Coastal Division champs every year.

Advertisement
Back