The First Sign That Donell Harris Was....

Advertisement
Saw you post this a few weeks ago on canesport, Got to give you credit because you posted it there weeks before the kid D committed.
Nice! I just told him that place gets no respect on here. So is this Gru Vermin?

miami rent is stupid high given the average starting salary. i think rent.com or one of those sites had miami is the number 1 city with young pros still living at home. in theory, it makes sense to live at home if your goal is to save for a house. i absolutely despise the first of the month bc its a constant reminder of how wasteful rent is

As a very wise man once said- "Rent is too **** high!!!!"

100%. I think the disparity between income and housing costs in South Florida is at or near the top in the country. We're back at pre-bubble burst levels. Everyone wants to blame foreign investors but I bet we're soon headed for another crash....but that's an entirely different topic.

All that said, it still doesn't change the notion that kids in South Florida not only live at home but never leave home at a rate I haven't seen anywhere else in the country- and this has been the case in every different type of economy/housing markets. There simply isn't as much of a cultural stigma here about it.

It's not just a Miami thing. I live in Ky, many of the young engineers that work at our company are still living at home with their parents. The only ones who aren't are either married or moved to work here.

You guys hire a lot of engineers from local families? That's actually very interesting.

I'll cede that living at home has become more common due to economic conditions but my main point is that it was/is always wayyyy more common down here- irrespective of personal finances, etc. There are people pushing 30 that could afford a 1/1 in South Miami that simply prefer to live at home and have mom do their laundry and drive that leased BMW and there's not nearly the social stigma about it let alone parents wanting the kid out of the house.

Advertisement
You guys hire a lot of engineers from local families? That's actually very interesting.

I'll cede that living at home has become more common due to economic conditions but my main point is that it was/is always wayyyy more common down here- irrespective of personal finances, etc. There are people pushing 30 that could afford a 1/1 in South Miami that simply prefer to live at home and have mom do their laundry and drive that leased BMW and there's not nearly the social stigma about it let alone parents wanting the kid out of the house.

culture like you said. asian, hispanic, etc are very family oriented. also, LOL at leases. thats another waste of money esp in miami where youre constantly driving a ton

culture like you said. asian, hispanic, etc are very family oriented. also, LOL at leases. thats another waste of money esp in miami where youre constantly driving a ton

For sure. Obviously painting with a broad brush here but you don't see too many Latin parents in scenes about itching to turn the kid's bedroom into an office or something the moment they turn 18 or leave for college.

Yup. Definitely can get screwed by leasing. Then again it might be the only way you can afford the Lexus you drive to your job at Flanigan's. Worry about being 20000 miles over the allotted mileage later, bro!

I hear you and it’s true , but I think that has something to do with the Hispanic/ Latin culture which is unlike any other . Families are very close knit & moms prefer their kids home, and they strategically better their financial situation

I hear you and it’s true , but I think that has something to do with the Hispanic/ Latin culture which is unlike any other . Families are very close knit & moms prefer their kids home, and they strategically better their financial situation

immigrant families generally. my parents still have my bedroom the way it was since the day i left to move into hecht soon to be 13 years ago now.

Advertisement
For sure. Obviously painting with a broad brush here but you don't see too many Latin parents in scenes about itching to turn the kid's bedroom into an office or something the moment they turn 18 or leave for college.

Yup. Definitely can get screwed by leasing. Then again it might be the only way you can afford the Lexus you drive to your job at Flanigan's. Worry about being 20000 miles over the allotted mileage later, bro!

299 a month for that brand new infiniti (only drive 6000 miles a year tho)

Advertisement
As a very wise man once said- "Rent is too **** high!!!!"

100%. I think the disparity between income and housing costs in South Florida is at or near the top in the country. We're back at pre-bubble burst levels. Everyone wants to blame foreign investors but I bet we're soon headed for another crash....but that's an entirely different topic.

All that said, it still doesn't change the notion that kids in South Florida not only live at home but never leave home at a rate I haven't seen anywhere else in the country- and this has been the case in every different type of economy/housing markets. There simply isn't as much of a cultural stigma here about it.
I guess they all livin' in the basements...

Saw you post this a few weeks ago on canesport, Got to give you credit because you posted it there weeks before the kid D committed.

Well I’m new to social media and just joined Twitter recently. My former coach and CANE FAM, our families have same season tickets in the same section, told me about this website for years now and about about a month ago he told me about this story. I was told here that Gary Vermin is the CANESPORT guy and that’s with RIVALS and Under Armour. I also remember on Channel 10 a young Cuban Kid named Pete who is now an agent use to work for this company. My Coach is the CANE INSIDER connect for us and my stepson played for his godson at Miramar this year. I’m gonna start listening to the Podcasts here as I’m told there very informative. What other free sites and podcasts should I start to use?

Well I’m new to social media and just joined Twitter recently. My former coach and CANE FAM, our families have same season tickets in the same section, told me about this website for years now and about about a month ago he told me about this story. I was told here that Gary Vermin is the CANESPORT guy and that’s with RIVALS and Under Armour. I also remember on Channel 10 a young Cuban Kid named Pete who is now an agent use to work for this company. My Coach is the CANE INSIDER connect for us and my stepson played for his godson at Miramar this year. I’m gonna start listening to the Podcasts here as I’m told there very informative. What other free sites and podcasts should I start to use?
No one is buying your bullshiit

Advertisement
gonna decommit was reported by good friend of mine at The Miami Heralds All Dade First Team Breakfast. In attendance was Coach Banda primarily in the capacity of a dad as his son made it on the private school first team. However, every kid basically came up to Banda and clapped him and his son up except for Donnel. The event was almost over and Banda was still waiting to say hello but Donnel went out the other exit to avoid him. We all know BAGS are part of the real world of CFB but I was surprised based on his strong stance and pledge here.

$200K 💰💰💰💰💰

OP is definitely the same **** burglar fake insider of the same name on Canesport. I recommend everyone just puts him on ignore. He’ll be spamming the board with nonsense before you know it.

OP is definitely the same **** burglar fake insider of the same name on Canesport. I recommend everyone just puts him on ignore. He’ll be spamming the board with nonsense before you know it.

My fellow cane I’m not from CANESPORT or any other social media site. I do have Twitter now but no Facebook. What is an OP ?

Advertisement
Back