The First Sign That Donell Harris Was....

Advertisement
11 games is a bit much for a first year head coach taking over a 7-6 team. I hope we get 9-10 wins, which is realistic given the QB play will be vastly improved.

Well I think the defense will be better than last year as all the youngsters are ready to step up. Also, Enos is a total breath of fresh air for our skilled athletes.

Advertisement
gonna decommit was reported by good friend of mine at The Miami Heralds All Dade First Team Breakfast. In attendance was Coach Banda primarily in the capacity of a dad as his son made it on the private school first team. However, every kid basically came up to Banda and clapped him and his son up except for Donnel. The event was almost over and Banda was still waiting to say hello but Donnel went out the other exit to avoid him. We all know BAGS are part of the real world of CFB but I was surprised based on his strong stance and pledge here.

Dang my buddy was spot on with this kid... I can’t believe we do even make his top five out of mere courtesy. His father was on the TOS and gave them an exclusive story and interview that claimed allegiance to Miami.

Advertisement
Well I’m new to social media and just joined Twitter recently. My former coach and CANE FAM, our families have same season tickets in the same section, told me about this website for years now and about about a month ago he told me about this story. I was told here that Gary Vermin is the CANESPORT guy and that’s with RIVALS and Under Armour. I also remember on Channel 10 a young Cuban Kid named Pete who is now an agent use to work for this company. My Coach is the CANE INSIDER connect for us and my stepson played for his godson at Miramar this year. I’m gonna start listening to the Podcasts here as I’m told there very informative. What other free sites and podcasts should I start to use?
I don't particularly care for your use of the word "Vermin" to identify Gary Ferman. You might not like him; I suspect there might be a lot on this board who do not like him, but nothing that he has done that I know of, deserves such an ugly name.

I knew him years ago when he was struggling to make a go of his print newspaper. He was very dedicated and I admired his hard work. There were very few people (probably almost none) who were willing to take such a risk. The previous attempt, by a different group led by Dan Oudinot I think his name was, had failed.

When the world wide web started, other free sites (like Grassy) stole his recruiting information and posted it for free.

You may not like Ferman, you may feel his product is not very good and not worth the money, but he does not deserve the name you just called him.

I can be complete off on this but if we get Chantz I would say that that’s the same type player if not better than harris

Nice! I just told him that place gets no respect on here. So is this Gru Vermin?
Don't know the quality of his products, but I have respect for Gary personally. I saw him struggle for years to make a go of his business because of his love for UM. There was no other regular media outlet for UM sports. Most other major programs had established thriving print newspapers when we didn't. This was before the internet. FSU had, I think, the Osceola. My friend who was a big FSU fan used to lend me the newspaper. This was 30 years ago. I know ND had Blue & Gold. UF had an independent newspaper as well that covered the Gators.

We had nothing. Dan Oudinot's newspaper, started in early '87, I think, folded in about a year.

We had nothing. I used to get airmail deliveries of the Herald and News to read about the Canes.

Finally, Gary took the plunge when nobody else did. I doubt he made much money from the project.

He also had, and still might have, the leading historian of UM sports as his editor, Jim Martz. So many of you who make all these profound statements with such certitude about UM's sports history have probably never seen, much less read, Martz' books on UM football and baseball. There is so much fiction, masquerading as history, about UM football on this board. (Like "all of JJ's great recruiting classes," when his first two were really miserable).

How old were you when Gary started his newspaper? Do you remember when we had no independent media dedicated to covering the Cane's but every other major program had at least one?

I don't particularly care for your use of the word "Vermin" to identify Gary Ferman. You might not like him; I suspect there might be a lot on this board who do not like him, but nothing that he has done that I know of, deserves such an ugly name.

I knew him years ago when he was struggling to make a go of his print newspaper. He was very dedicated and I admired his hard work. There were very few people (probably almost none) who were willing to take such a risk. The previous attempt, by a different group led by Dan Oudinot I think his name was, had failed.

When the world wide web started, other free sites (like Grassy) stole his recruiting information and posted it for free.

You may not like Ferman, you may feel his product is not very good and not worth the money, but he does not deserve the name you just called him.
He got the name by quoting me. Sorry to offend you. He sounds like a real jack âss as described by several of his former subscribers.

Advertisement
Don't know the quality of his products, but I have respect for Gary personally. I saw him struggle for years to make a go of his business because of his love for UM. There was no other regular media outlet for UM sports. Most other major programs had established thriving print newspapers when we didn't. This was before the internet. FSU had, I think, the Osceola. My friend who was a big FSU fan used to lend me the newspaper. This was 30 years ago. I know ND had Blue & Gold. UF had an independent newspaper as well that covered the Gators.

We had nothing. Dan Oudinot's newspaper, started in early '87, I think, folded in about a year.

We had nothing. I used to get airmail deliveries of the Herald and News to read about the Canes.

Finally, Gary took the plunge when nobody else did. I doubt he made much money from the project.

He also had, and still might have, the leading historian of UM sports as his editor, Jim Martz. So many of you who make all these profound statements with such certitude about UM's sports history have probably never seen, much less read, Martz' books on UM football and baseball. There is so much fiction, masquerading as history, about UM football on this board. (Like "all of JJ's great recruiting classes," when his first two were really miserable).

How old were you when Gary started his newspaper? Do you remember when we had no independent media dedicated to covering the Cane's but every other major program had at least one?

I remember (not as far back as TheMatador) but around ‘96 my mom had ordered something Hurricane related for me and the order was messed up (don’t remember where) but Gary had his Store online and went out of his way to help her (she didn’t even purchase from him originally). After that I signed up for Canesport Newspaper sent to the house monthly and joined the web sites and prior to websites even payed to call into Fermans phone updates (still remember Martin Bible flipping from Pitt to us on one of those calls). I was a member of Canesport for years but Ferman got very unprofessional and child like, banning people, kicking people off website and obviously lost his good sources. I got suspended for 6 months for questioning his information and that was it for me. Anyways he doesn’t have inside info anymore and his football knowledge is limited. To many other options now, but Gary kind of did it to himself thinking he was bigger than his loyal fanbase. Just my take, appreciate what he did for us as fans but I also watched it crumble a bit.

Hey I don’t know him from Adam and was told on here that’s his last name...you said it’s Furman. I obviously don’t know that so apologize here. Also, so TOS is the owner of CANESPORTS? What is Rivals?

I remember (not as far back as TheMatador) but around ‘96 my mom had ordered something Hurricane related for me and the order was messed up (don’t remember where) but Gary had his Store online and went out of his way to help her (she didn’t even purchase from him originally). After that I signed up for Canesport Newspaper sent to the house monthly and joined the web sites and prior to websites even payed to call into Fermans phone updates (still remember Martin Bible flipping from Pitt to us on one of those calls). I was a member of Canesport for years but Ferman got very unprofessional and child like, banning people, kicking people off website and obviously lost his good sources. I got suspended for 6 months for questioning his information and that was it for me. Anyways he doesn’t have inside info anymore and his football knowledge is limited. To many other options now, but Gary kind of did it to himself thinking he was bigger than his loyal fanbase. Just my take, appreciate what he did for us as fans but I also watched it crumble a bit.

Wow so he was the first source here for us fans...Why do people pay there and not here?? How did that work out??

Advertisement
He got the name by quoting me. Sorry to offend you. He sounds like a real jack âss as described by several of his former subscribers.

But he was the original Source that used print media then the internet? Why is he not a good source these days??

He deserves the Vermin name and more.

When a bunch of people left his site to start a FREE site (though it was not open to the public), he threatened us, threatened to sue us, even logged onto the site under a fake name and then started reporting information on his site that had been shared among friends.

I don't care what he did early in his career, he acts as if everyone owes him something, he treats everyone like a revenue stream, and he is an enormous hypocrite.

But he was the original Source that used print media then the internet? Why is he not a good source these days??

Whoever was his contact in the Athletic department is long gone, I felt when recruiting seasons and signing day neared he would make up half the stories and say it’s the “Fog of War”.

He deserves the Vermin name and more.

When a bunch of people left his site to start a FREE site (though it was not open to the public), he threatened us, threatened to sue us, even logged onto the site under a fake name and then started reporting information on his site that had been shared among friends.

I don't care what he did early in his career, he acts as if everyone owes him something, he treats everyone like a revenue stream, and he is an enormous hypocrite.

Why would he do that?

Advertisement
Back