The Fighting Gus Edwards vs Washington

Y'all gonna be the same ones tryna take credit if Gus goes on to the NFL and has a solid career like "Once a Cane, Always a cane!"

Advertisement
Y'all gonna be the same ones tryna take credit if Gus goes on to the NFL and has a solid career like "Once a Cane, Always a cane!"

Not going to happen. I wanted the guy to succeed here, but he's exactly the same thing he has always been.

I wish the guy luck and everything, but I guarantee he won't have much of a career in the NFL if any at all

He averaged 3 ypc last year vs FBS teams.

You must have some low standards if that is "pretty good"

Most of his action against FBS teams was short yardage situations. When given bigger workloads he was decent (Virginia, Duke). He wasn't great, he was our 3rd string. Found an opportunity to start, why hate on that?

Duke and Virginia had two of the worst run defenses in the country, you left that part out.

And I don't care about Gus leaving, I'm happy he's gone and has a chance at Rutgers.

My issue is with all the fanboys on this site who make him out to be some type of huge loss. Only on CIS do posters bash our good players yet glorify backups like Gus. It's weird as ****

You left out his 4.9 ypc last year. We can go through everything each other left out if you'd like. No one's glorifying him. Would he be a better 3rd string RB than what we currently have? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

Uh, no I didn't. Unless you just didn't read my post above.

Yes, he avg'd 4.9 YPC but if you exclude the FAMU game (so against actual FBS opponents) then he avg'd 3.1.

And no, I don't think he's better than our 3rd string options. Give me Deejay Dallas running the ball over Gus anyday

I'm still missing where you mentioned it previously. Excluding the FAMU game he averaged 3.5 ypc. And the fact that you think Deejay Dallas is our 3rd string running back shows how much of a fantasy land you're living in.

Advertisement

He's a 5th year senior.

RBs who have a shot at the NFL rarely stay more than 3 years anymore, much less transfer to one of the worst P5 programs just to get PT.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be on an NFL roster next year

He's a 5th year senior.

RBs who have a shot at the NFL rarely stay more than 3 years anymore, much less transfer to one of the worst P5 programs just to get PT.

I'm pretty sure he's not going to be on an NFL roster next year

The first time he picks up the blitz like he did that last drive, he'll be shown the nearest door. Period.

Most of his action against FBS teams was short yardage situations. When given bigger workloads he was decent (Virginia, Duke). He wasn't great, he was our 3rd string. Found an opportunity to start, why hate on that?

Duke and Virginia had two of the worst run defenses in the country, you left that part out.

And I don't care about Gus leaving, I'm happy he's gone and has a chance at Rutgers.

My issue is with all the fanboys on this site who make him out to be some type of huge loss. Only on CIS do posters bash our good players yet glorify backups like Gus. It's weird as ****

You left out his 4.9 ypc last year. We can go through everything each other left out if you'd like. No one's glorifying him. Would he be a better 3rd string RB than what we currently have? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

Yes, he avg'd 4.9 YPC but if you exclude the FAMU game (so against actual FBS opponents) then he avg'd 3.1.

And no, I don't think he's better than our 3rd string options. Give me Deejay Dallas running the ball over Gus anyday

I'm still missing where you mentioned it previously. Excluding the FAMU game he averaged 3.5 ypc. And the fact that you think Deejay Dallas is our 3rd string running back shows how much of a fantasy land you're living in.

And I don't care who it is, Deejay, Gray, Burns, or Atkins. Give me any of them over a guy I know can't get it done in Edwards.

I'm not spending my Friday watching this game. But the 3 plays I did watch were 3rd and 2, Gus loses 1. 3rd and 1, Gus with no gain. Obvious passing down and Gus dives at the kankles of the only blitzer and doesn't touch him. Just sayin

Advertisement
I'm not spending my Friday watching this game. But the 3 plays I did watch were 3rd and 2, Gus loses 1. 3rd and 1, Gus with no gain. Obvious passing down and Gus dives at the kankles of the only blitzer and doesn't touch him. Just sayin

Someone should make a gif of that block attempt.

Yikes. Excluding FAMU he had 58 carries for 184 yards. That's 3.1 YPC. I know you didn't actually go to Miami but wow, you must have failed 3rd grade.

And I don't care who it is, Deejay, Gray, Burns, or Atkins. Give me any of them over a guy I know can't get it done in Edwards.

But seriously, you literally can't do 3rd grade math. Re-evaluate your life.

How embarrassed must you feel to know that your math is actually the one that's wrong. He had 59 carries for 290 yards last season. He had 7 carries for 106 yards against FAMU. 184/52 = 3.53. I've never understood the arrogance of idiots.

Yikes. Excluding FAMU he had 58 carries for 184 yards. That's 3.1 YPC. I know you didn't actually go to Miami but wow, you must have failed 3rd grade.

How embarrassed must you feel to know that your math is actually the one that's wrong. He had 59 carries for 290 yards last season. He had 7 carries for 106 yards against FAMU. 184/52 = 3.53. I've never understood the arrogance of idiots.

Come on now, you two. You guys, two fellow Canes, are just creating reasons to argue, regarding Gus freakin' Edwards. Football season finally starts tomorrow, sit back and relax a little bit.

Advertisement

Come on now, you two. You guys, two fellow Canes, are just creating reasons to argue, regarding Gus freakin' Edwards. Football season finally starts tomorrow, sit back and relax a little bit.

This guy isn't my "fellow cane". This d-bag said "I know you didn't actually go to Miami". He can go suck a ****.

Like **** it does. Gus is playing tonight!

Like **** it does. Gus is playing tonight!

Lol, that's right!

Advertisement

Someone should make a gif of that block attempt.

I will bet a milli it won't be made by @blackGusEdwardsDadvern

Lol Gus isn't even in on short yardage downs. They have that #7 Martin who's like 6' 180 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we just gonna act like COach Kill whos been coaching for 40 years didnt say that Gus is gonna be playing in the NFL on sundays??

You mo fos are hilarious

Gus Edwards fans remind me of dumbass football coaches who care more about someone's body than they do about someone's skills. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Edwards is beastly physically, but dude doesn't know how to use it in the least bit.

Advertisement
Back