The Fighting Gus Edwards vs Washington

24 carries for 79 yards??? Gus and the Cloud of Dust??? It ain't 1957 anymore.

That defense made Christian McCaffrey look silly last year too. You guys are fools to not see who he was running against last night.

That explains why he fell face first like an old lady who's hip just collapsed when he tried to pick up the blitz. Thanks.

Thanks for what? I can make a bunch of points unrelated to what someone is talking about to seem cool too. I get that you hate Gus. He's not a superstar, I get it. That was an embarrassing attempt at blocking, that's why he was 3rd string here.

Advertisement

That defense made Christian McCaffrey look silly last year too. You guys are fools to not see who he was running against last night.

And that defense made Gus Edwards look silly too until Rutgers was running the ball down by 16 with four minutes left.

Yes, they did. Because they are a good defense. Christian McCaffrey is a better running back than Gus Edwards. Obvious points are made.

And that defense made Gus Edwards look silly too until Rutgers was running the ball down by 16 with four minutes left.

Yes, they did. Because they are a good defense. Christian McCaffrey is a better running back than Gus Edwards. Obvious points are made.

So why are we talking about Gus Edwards for seven pages? He's an ordinary running back who put up ordinary numbers against a good defense.

So why are we talking about Gus Edwards for seven pages? He's an ordinary running back who put up ordinary numbers against a good defense.

That's the point I've been trying to make. For some reason people are rooting against him so it's keeping the thread going.

I'm not rooting against him. I just don't get what all the fluffing is over. He'd have made a solid 3rd back for us behind Walton and Homer. I understand why the kid transferred.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back