The Fighting Gus Edwards vs Washington

In the end, Gus had 23 carries and 3 catches. That's a lot more action than he would have received at UM. Wishing him well.

Advertisement
Those are pretty good numbers against a pretty good defense.

When the game was close, his numbers weren't so good. When they NEEDED him to get 3 yards, he couldn't. His average went up as the game got out of reach, which makes them useless. Especially when Washington is less concerned with the rush than the pass, knowing that Rutgers isn't going to come back and win by rushing the ball.

Useless stats. I'd take those numbers all day if it meant he picked up first downs and kept the chains moving. He didn't. How many first down carries did he get? Not many.

I had low expectations so seeing those numbers exceeded them.

Not saying it was a great game by any means. I did not see the game, so thanks for providing the context.

The numbers look pretty good though on paper.

Saw the game. IMO, He's the best back they have.

I also think that Louisville transfer at QB is TERRIBLE!

I'm guessing Gus will look great against teams with lesser talent. He'll look average to below against better teams.

But among Kaaya, Yearby, and Gus ... Gus made the best "business decision", IMO. I think Gus will get drafted.

Advertisement

Not saying it was a great game by any means. I did not see the game, so thanks for providing the context.

A lot of people are lying. This game was close in score until the last few minutes of the game. Gus was clearly there best back. Did not go down as easily as our weirdo fans would make it seem. Gus got stronger as the game went on. Mind you he was facing a defense that shut bama done for a good portion of last hear's playoff. Not too mention his oline played pretty bad. All around he had a good showing

Saw the game. IMO, He's the best back they have.

I also think that Louisville transfer at QB is TERRIBLE!

I'm guessing Gus will look great against teams with lesser talent. He'll look average to below against better teams.

But among Kaaya, Yearby, and Gus ... Gus made the best "business decision", IMO. I think Gus will get drafted.

Yeah I was shocked at some of the dumb passes Bolin through. It was crazy lol

6 pages about a Rutgers game, focusing on transfers? Plus the 8 pages in the Gus thread Vern started. 14 pages on this man in like the past week lol **** I'm glad it's gameday. You all tripping, you would think Gus hit yall's girls or something. He's gone, these threads have just been rehashing the SAME EXACT **** you all have been saying about Gus for years. On both sides. Tighten up fellas.

Advertisement

A lot of people are lying. This game was close in score until the last few minutes of the game. Gus was clearly there best back. Did not go down as easily as our weirdo fans would make it seem. Gus got stronger as the game went on. Mind you he was facing a defense that shut bama done for a good portion of last hear's playoff. Not too mention his oline played pretty bad. All around he had a good showing

From what I saw he doesn't hit the holes hard. Dances a little too much for a big back. But that was a very defense he played.

Someone try to explain that missed block where he ate dirt. No NFL team wants a guy that is that putrid at picking up the blitz. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen. He looked like a kid that fell out of a wheelchair.

Advertisement
24 carries for 79 yards??? Gus and the Cloud of Dust??? It ain't 1957 anymore.

That defense made Christian McCaffrey look silly last year too. You guys are fools to not see who he was running against last night.

That defense lost S Budda baker, CB Sidney Jones, CB Kevin King, and DT Elijiah Qualls to the draft...I wouldn't use that as a defense for Gus

That defense made Christian McCaffrey look silly last year too. You guys are fools to not see who he was running against last night.

That defense lost S Budda baker, CB Sidney Jones, CB Kevin King, and DT Elijiah Qualls to the draft...I wouldn't use that as a defense for Gus

LOL. Wow do people have an agenda on here. You're talking about 3 guys in the secondary and a 6th round DL. Yes, those guys were the run stoppers last year. And now they are only left with a bunch of juniors and seniors in their front 7. The possibility that they're actually BETTER this year is just out the window.

LOL. Wow do people have an agenda on here. You're talking about 3 guys in the secondary and a 6th round DL. Yes, those guys were the run stoppers last year. And now they are only left with a bunch of juniors and seniors in their front 7. The possibility that they're actually BETTER this year is just out the window.

That 6th round DL was their best d-linemen last year and Yea Budda Baker was pretty good against the run, that's why he was their best defender the last 3 years. Btw they lost a total of 3 up front and have a new starter at LB but whatever you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement

That explains why he fell face first like an old lady who's hip just collapsed when he tried to pick up the blitz. Thanks.

That 6th round DL was their best d-linemen last year and Yea Budda Baker was pretty good against the run, that's why he was their best defender the last 3 years. Btw they lost a total of 3 up front and have a new starter at LB but whatever you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah man, it's whatever you say. Your point that they are a significantly different (and worse) defense because of those losses is noted.

16 carries for 38 yards when Rutgers was leading until they were down by 10. So he really contributed nothing when they were in the game.

Advertisement
Back