The Fighting Gus Edwards vs Washington

Never understood why he's either "da GAWWW" or "garbage"

He's solid. Not great, but pretty good. Why can't that be enough?

He averaged 3 ypc last year vs FBS teams.

You must have some low standards if that is "pretty good"

Most of his action against FBS teams was short yardage situations. When given bigger workloads he was decent (Virginia, Duke). He wasn't great, he was our 3rd string. Found an opportunity to start, why hate on that?

Advertisement

Hard to really judge him considering he only got a few carries per game. Should be interesting to see what he does

I'd just rather have Homer carrying the ball than Edwards.

Agree that their play on the field will answer all questions, so I'll just leave it at that

Hard to really judge him considering he only got a few carries per game. Should be interesting to see what he does

Agree that their play on the field will answer all questions, so I'll just leave it at that

True

Advertisement
Why did Jerome transfer? Would of been nice to have him paired with Herndon

IDK why He transferred either...had a nice catch in the 15' FAU game, never to be heard from again. And you're right, He would've been the perfect in-line TE option compliment to Herndon.

Most of his action against FBS teams was short yardage situations. When given bigger workloads he was decent (Virginia, Duke). He wasn't great, he was our 3rd string. Found an opportunity to start, why hate on that?

Duke and Virginia had two of the worst run defenses in the country, you left that part out.

And I don't care about Gus leaving, I'm happy he's gone and has a chance at Rutgers.

My issue is with all the fanboys on this site who make him out to be some type of huge loss. Only on CIS do posters bash our good players yet glorify backups like Gus. It's weird as ****

I would take Homer Simpson over Gus the bus.
IMG_0977.GIF

Advertisement
Their 7 is playing like our 7 should of. So much for Gas going there to be the star lol

Rutgers backup RB seems to be ab,e to run quite well against this VAUNTED Washington D.

Maybe Gus just isn't good?

Advertisement

Duke and Virginia had two of the worst run defenses in the country, you left that part out.

And I don't care about Gus leaving, I'm happy he's gone and has a chance at Rutgers.

My issue is with all the fanboys on this site who make him out to be some type of huge loss. Only on CIS do posters bash our good players yet glorify backups like Gus. It's weird as ****

You left out his 4.9 ypc last year. We can go through everything each other left out if you'd like. No one's glorifying him. Would he be a better 3rd string RB than what we currently have? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

You left out his 4.9 ypc last year. We can go through everything each other left out if you'd like. No one's glorifying him. Would he be a better 3rd string RB than what we currently have? Yes. Is it a big deal? No.

Uh, no I didn't. Unless you just didn't read my post above.

Yes, he avg'd 4.9 YPC but if you exclude the FAMU game (so against actual FBS opponents) then he avg'd 3.1.

And no, I don't think he's better than our 3rd string options. Give me Deejay Dallas running the ball over Gus anyday

Advertisement
He just doesn't hit the hole fast enough. He's a good back to play late in the game when you have a big lead and don't mind going 3 and out. He's just not the guy you want when you're trying to win the game. Far too many 1 yard carries.

He's not better than Deejay

Nice catch, but that blitz pickup is EXACTLY why he'd never start here. There is NO excusing that.

Advertisement
Back