THE COMMITTEE HATES US!!!!

Advertisement
How are you vindicated?

Oh, you know, telling you clowns three weeks ago that this would all take care of itself if we won out. Remember all of your scenarios showing us how we might be left out? Well, here we are at #2 .

"THEY ARE GOING TO KEEP PUTTING US BEHIND 1-LOSS TEAMS!!!!"

LMAO.

No. Nobody ever said that. We said we needed to win, and have other teams lose in order to move up. We even stipulated that this was the most likely scenario considering the games left to be played.

Nobody that I am aware of has ever tried to say that the most likely scenario couldn't happen. You have simply insisted that other people were wrong based on the exact results that we predicted. We win. Other teams lose. We move up.

We won. Other teams lost. We moved up.

Exactly how in the **** are you vindicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have now gone past two one-loss teams. The exact thing you said wouldn't happen. Go back and look.

No. I didn't say that. I said that based on what the committee had already stated that there was a chance that they would continue to hold that opinion if things stayed the same.

You and Jagr seem to confuse the ideas of possibility and plausibility. Situations change and scenarios become less plausible. That doesn't mean they were never possible.

I never said we wouldn't move up. At the time we were 10th, I simply said that there were enough teams ahead of us that could win out and leave us outside the top 4. Jagr or nobody else predicted Iowa would beat Ohio state or that penn State would get dropped. So pretending that these events make you "right" is retarded.

It's like calling heads on the coin toss and pretending that tails never existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youve always been dead wrong but At least you show your face around here.

[MENTION=1846]TheOriginalCane[/MENTION] hightailed it

Advertisement
TV Ratings, it's that simple. They know having Miami in the playoffs is crucial.

so, according to you, the conversation in the committee room went something like this.

you know miami in would be good for ratings

thats a thought

yeah, the **** with all the criteria we SAY we consider

yeah its miami cause they bring the ratings.

yeah, ITS ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS.

the canes are in."

as if we don't deserve it.oh, they didn't say it, they just thought it. right.

l

Advertisement
It's pretty nuts considering we're like, 3 insanely clutch plays away from having like three losses instead of zero... lol

How are you vindicated?

Oh, you know, telling you clowns three weeks ago that this would all take care of itself if we won out. Remember all of your scenarios showing us how we might be left out? Well, here we are at #2 .

LMAO.

You weren’t the only one. But there’s no chance that people will give up the unsupported narrative of anti-UM media and playoff committee bias.

Advertisement
Loose Cannon - "We could easily go 12-0 and be sitting at home watching."

I completely agree with this. It was pretty dumb for people to assume that we could be left out if we went undefeated. The only point of contention I had last week is that if we lost a game we would not be given the same respect as other 1 loss teams. We just gained that respect tonight.

Great news !

I am concerned however that since South Carolina is ranked now at 24; if Clemson wins by a good margin, they will move back ahead next week

How are you vindicated?

LMAO.

We haven't beat Clemson yet. When we do, I predict the #1 slot is OURS.

Nope. well, sorta. Alabama has #6 this weekend, and Georgia will most likely 6th when they play in the $EC CG. We have Pitt and #3 Clemson. We only make 1st if Bama loses...and we dont want that. I was thinking 2nd was our ceiling after the VT game.

Advertisement
Setting up a semi final of
1. Miami vs 4. Ohio state (crazy ratings for a semi final)
2. Oklahoma vs 3. Auburn

Championship:
Miami vs Oklahoma

Defense wins championships
We get ring #6

THIS playoff **** is really crazy.. 2-Loss teams still have a chance at making the playoff, BS!! The media know how to keep certain teams relevant and the talk of CFB... What's the point of fighting your *** off to stay undefeated to get at the end of the season to hear 2-loss teams still getting showed love as a possible playoff team..

But that is exactly what playoffs are about: not who was best all season long, but who was best at the end of the season.

Great news !

I am concerned however that since South Carolina is ranked now at 24; if Clemson wins by a good margin, they will move back ahead next week

They will for sure, especially since they're on the road.

No matter. Miami just needs to win the next two and stay away from one loss scenarios.

2. Oklahoma vs 3. Auburn

Championship:
Miami vs Oklahoma

We get ring #6

THIS playoff **** is really crazy.. 2-Loss teams still have a chance at making the playoff, BS!! The media know how to keep certain teams relevant and the talk of CFB... What's the point of fighting your *** off to stay undefeated to get at the end of the season to hear 2-loss teams still getting showed love as a possible playoff team..

But that is exactly what playoffs are about: not who was best all season long, but who was best at the end of the season.

Yes and no....it is also about getting the 4 most deserving teams as well.

Unfortunately, season is starting to be a lot like that 2007 season where there you had a 1-loss OSU team (everyone knew was a fraud an product of schedule) and a bunch of 2-loss teams. Everyone had a good case against them.

Just by the nature of the landscape 2-loss teams will be in the discussion because they have to be this year. One of those situations where people like to complain ....but when asked to provide a better alternative can't.

The #3-4 teams may be like picking the tallest midget the way next 2 weeks break.

If Miami & Bama both win out and OU loses and Wisc loses.......they should cancel the semifinals.

Last edited:
2. Oklahoma vs 3. Auburn

Championship:
Miami vs Oklahoma

We get ring #6

Yes and no....it is also about getting the 4 most deserving teams as well.

Unfortunately, season is starting to be a lot like that 2007 season where there you had a 1-loss OSU team (everyone knew was a fraud an product of schedule) and a bunch of 2-loss teams. Everyone had a good case against them.

Just by the nature of the landscape 2-loss teams will be in the discussion because they have to be this year. One of those situations where people like to ....but when asked to provide a better alternative can't.

The #3-4 teams may be like picking the tallest midget the way next 2 weeks break.

If Miami & Bama both win out and OU loses and Wisc loses.......they should cancel the semifinals.

Talking about playoffs in general, not cfb playoffs.

Advertisement
Back