THE COMMITTEE HATES US!!!!

"We had not lost! I don't care who we beat or how. The post was counter to the stupid idea that ALL we needed to do was win, when it was abundantly clear that just winning WAS NOT enough to get us ahead of teams."

False premise again.....It was not "abundantly clear"....that is a 100% opinion.

It was not opinion. We were 10th behind 6 teams with a loss. That is abundant clarification that more than "just winning" was being considered.

Again...Please answer where should UCF be ranked since being undefeated is all that matters......Not how you win or who you beat(THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS).

Advertisement
costanza-answering-machine.jpg

When the first playoff rankings came out no one on this board knew what would happen between then and now. Every prediction was pure speculation. What has happened since has put us where we are regardless of any speculation on this board. Enjoy the moment of where we are. Meanwhile the one sure way we will. be in the playoffs is win out. We may get in or be left out with a loss is again pure speculation. My speculation is we win out but regardless of what happens this team.has been one of my favorites of all time because they have done this against all odds according to all.ths so called experts when the season began. Most here did not expect us to even be having this conversation this late in the season. Just enjoy and Go CANES

"We had not lost! I don't care who we beat or how. The post was counter to the stupid idea that ALL we needed to do was win, when it was abundantly clear that just winning WAS NOT enough to get us ahead of teams."

False premise again.....It was not "abundantly clear"....that is a 100% opinion.

It was not opinion. We were 10th behind 6 teams with a loss. That is abundant clarification that more than "just winning" was being considered.

Again...Please answer where should UCF be ranked since being undefeated is all that matters......Not how you win or who you beat(THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS).

Now you're backing away from your argument the same way hockey guy tried to, introducing a G5 team into a P5 discussion. Nobody is expected to have to qualify each and every comment with *applies only to P5 teams* So unless UCF somehow supports your argument that winning out is all you need to do, remember, that is YOUR position, then I don't know why you bring it up. My position is that winning out isn't necessarily all you need to do. I put us 4th in the part of that comment you conveniently left out behind ND who has lost a close game to the #1 team rather than being blown out at home by an unranked opponent.

But if you're dying to know, I'd have UCF around 8th, ahead of any 2 loss team not named Auburn.

Setting up a semi final of
1. Miami vs 4. Ohio state (crazy ratings for a semi final)
2. Oklahoma vs 3. Auburn

Championship:
Miami vs Oklahoma

Defense wins championships
We get ring #6

I like where you are headed with this, but I think we'd play Alabama.

No way an 11-2 Ohio State team gets in over 11-1 Bama with that 30 point loss to Iowa on their resume.

It's the same argument the committee gave last year for having Ohio State in over PSU ... The fact that PSU's loss to Michigan was by so much.

Advertisement

Now you're backing away from your argument the same way hockey guy tried to, introducing a G5 team into a P5 discussion. Nobody is expected to have to qualify each and every comment with *applies only to P5 teams* So unless UCF somehow supports your argument that winning out is all you need to do, remember, that is YOUR position, then I don't know why you bring it up. My position is that winning out isn't necessarily all you need to do. I put us 4th in the part of that comment you conveniently left out behind ND who has lost a close game to the #1 team rather than being blown out at home by an unranked opponent.

But if you're dying to know, I'd have UCF around 8th, ahead of any 2 loss team not named Auburn.

Stop with the word semantics......UCF Matters.

If your premise is Miami should be ranked #4 in the initial poll because all that matter is that Miami is undefeated.....than UCF needs to be ranked just as high.

But since you have answered you ranking of UCF at 8 shows that
1) Who you beat matters
2) How you beat them matters

This is in DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO YOUR PREMISE that at the week 10 rankings Miami should have been ranked higher solely because they were undefeated.

You conveniently argue out of both sides of your mouth........Schedule and Style points matter during X, but not when it comes to Miami in the Week 10 rankings.

Thank you for proving my point that your arguments are based upon false tenants the you conveniently slip in and out of when necessary.

Some SERIOUS heel digging going on in this thread...Question is who will hit the middle of the earth first.

Committee got tired of trying to justify why Clemson, with a loss to a Syracuse team that Miami beat, should be ranked ahead of the undefeated Canes.

Advertisement
Now this tard is talking about down votes (even though he's the only one using the function). You're one special kind of slow [MENTION=17436]Loose Cannon[/MENTION] .

My main point in the initial thread (and continues to be) that getting all wrapped up in a pretzel about a week 10 ranking is retarded. There were literally 1000's of scenarios that could/would play out bitc hing along the way is pointless (and when I mean bit chinging you were in a tizzy).

Any common sensed individual knew that If we handled business against ND and the remaining games (up to the ACC championship) we'd be sitting pretty. Which we are.

But please continue with the heal digging. You and jagr deserve each other.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You know what's going to really be chaos-- if South Carolina upsets Clemson.
or GT beats Georgia or Michigan beats OSU or WV beats OU. Still dozens of crazy scenarios could still play out. God bless college football.

Advertisement
You know what's going to really be chaos-- if South Carolina upsets Clemson.
or GT beats Georgia or Michigan beats OSU or WV beats OU. Still dozens of crazy scenarios could still play out. God bless college football.

You're ' pizzing into the wind! ' Because MOST of those scenario's won't take place this weekend. dUh.

Advertisement
When the first playoff rankings came out no one on this board knew what would happen between then and now. Every prediction was pure speculation. What has happened since has put us where we are regardless of any speculation on this board. Enjoy the moment of where we are. Meanwhile the one sure way we will. be in the playoffs is win out. We may get in or be left out with a loss is again pure speculation. My speculation is we win out but regardless of what happens this team.has been one of my favorites of all time because they have done this against all odds according to all.ths so called experts when the season began. Most here did not expect us to even be having this conversation this late in the season. Just enjoy and Go CANES

Herbie, and a lot other CF pundits, opine that Miami is IN if they lose a NARROW game to mighty Clemson! hUh.

I also think NC State losing to Wake diminished what was another quality win for Clemson.....Committee does seem like they are paying some attention.

Then U, and your Cane buddies, better root for mighty ND this Saturday. Because a 10-2 ND is better than a 9-3 ND. Also, that would be another ' quality ' ROAD win over Stanford. dUh.

You can always tell who the loser is in any argument when their argument reduces to the idea that the other person is mad/triggered. I have very much enjoyed clubbing you over the head repeatedly, and the fact that you're so stupid that you still don't understand it, brings me further joy.

What brought me joy was posting all of your previous quotes, none of which were acknowledged by you.

Tell us again how the B12 leader will not drop behind us. That was a doozy.

I never said that they would not. I never said that we wouldn't be exactly where we are. I simply said that things outside of our control needed to happen and that if us winning is all it took, then why were we 10th. Just winning was obviously not enough when we were 10th even though we were 1 of 3 teams who had only won. That was it. I was right then, and I am still right now. You missed it. You argued then, and you continue to argue today the absurd opinion that us being 10th and behind 6 teams who had not been "just winning" was not a direct slap from the committee based on things that were likely to happen in the future. My argument was never that we wouldn't pass teams and get into the top 4. My argument was that we should have been top 4 from the start of the CFP rankings.

No, you were dead wrong. Even assuming others did not lose in front of us, which you keep pointing to, we still would have jumped into the top 4 if we remained undefeated. There is no denying that. One example proving that point is the committee putting us over Clemson, notwithstanding the fact that Clemson won.

The reason why the committee had us AND Wisconsin outside of the top 5 a couple of weeks ago was the absence of marquee wins. The committee thought we would lose to ND, if not Va Tech. They drew that conclusion, because of our litany of close nail-biter wins against unranked teams, especially the awful UNC. But we kept winning, so they recalibrated how good they think we are.

That's what many of us back then were trying to explain to you and others. If we beat Va Tech and ND the committee would recognize that we are a legit team, and improve our rank, irrespective of those other one-loss teams.

Another example eviscerating your contention that we did not control our own destiny is the committee putting us ahead of OU last week. If your nonsensical argument were correct we would never have jumped OU, because they did not lose.

You were wrong. Stop fighting it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back