The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

Harbaugh has been successful everywhere he’s been and at the highest level. Mario has done nowhere near what Jim has. Let’s be real here.
The guy is a tremendous motivator, he gets his guys going and ready to play. Tremendous mixture of discipline and passion.

Only problem for him was, the talent with the 49ers was aging a bit and they didn't feel like being pushed around anymore.

Really good at the college level and his talent evaluation has been pretty excellent everywhere he went in the college area. I've stopped counting the amount of great players he recruited and developed that went on to play in the league because it's a lot.

But the guy is a dirtbag, everyone knows he is a dirtbag and I hope he gets punished accordingly.

Advertisement
I have zero issues running the ball 50% of the time. My biggest issue with Mario is his inability to run an effective running game that is creative and unpredictable scheme. The last 2 games we saw more pulls and misdirection but where was that the entire month of October and some of early November? Bully ball isn’t going to work all the time. Can’t run up the middle all 2nd half vs FSU with 9 in the box and expect success.
I can only hope Mario saw the light a bit, cause the run game looked more like the early season and not the mid-season. Pass plays too.

I’m needing to rewatch this BC game and our suppsosed “better” running attack

I’m still remembering the same boring up the A gap bully ball attempts… with one of the better runs was when Parrish ditched the play and just bounced it outside for a TD

The difference was we completely outclassed them in the trenches

I wonder how they contrast in penalties as well (too lazy to look it up). Disciple really matters.
Michigan 12-0 vs. Miami 7-5 (only stat that matters, W's):

Penalties / game Michigan 1st vs. Miami 83rd
Pen yards / game Mich 1st vs. Miami 116th (dumb SOB's always getting 15's)
Turnover margin Mich 2nd vs. Miami 83rd

3rd down conv. % Michigan 8th vs. Miami 65th
4th down conv % Michigan 5th vs. Miami 63rd

3rd down defense % Mich 17th vs Miami 28th
4th down defense % Miami 13th vs. Mich 15th

I’m still remembering the same boring up the A gap bully ball attempts… with one of the better runs was when Parrish ditched the play and just bounced it outside for a TD

They also refused to get out of cover 1 which is the dumbest way to play Van Dyke. BC is stupid

Advertisement
I don't know why some continue to look at a team like Michigan and say to themselves, that's what we want.

Look where we are, smack dab in the center of a recruiting hotbed. The talent around us, thats not how they play. It's spread them out, out talent then with speed and quickness. Not grind them out with a ball control offense that doesn't make mistakes. Put the ball in the hands of your playmakers and let them make a play.

That doesn't mean you can't be physical as well, but it's the wrong process. You should terrify them on the outside which will free up the inside of the field. That's when you hit them with physicality. Michigan will pound the rock to free up the passing game. We need the opposite or should with where we are. Athletes aplenty here in SFL.

I'm constantly amazed at how we hire and have coach after coach that doesn't get that. I shouldn't be though as the people who have the power to make decisions are dinosaurs.

I have zero issues running the ball 50% of the time. My biggest issue with Mario is his inability to run an effective running game that is creative and unpredictable scheme. The last 2 games we saw more pulls and misdirection but where was that the entire month of October and some of early November? Bully ball isn’t going to work all the time. Can’t run up the middle all 2nd half vs FSU with 9 in the box and expect success.
This post tells me your aren’t alpha bro

Under Center is essential to having a competent play action pass game imo.
Play action out of shotgun is kinda trash imo.

That's actually why I liked when we were running some more pistol.
I actually liked the under center wrinkle we added the last couple weeks. Especially in short yardage. One of the few adjustments the offensive staff made

Why are we comparing the two? There’s nothing in common.
One has a HC and the other does not.
One doesn’t turn the ball over and the other does, lots.
One is disciplined with few penalties and the other is undisciplined with much more.
One knows victory formation while the other laughs at it.

Advertisement
Lmao dude. Michigan would boat race Oregon. What the the **** are you smoking
You're so wrong it's laughable. You sound so stupid lol
Jj Macarthy is head and shoulders above both neck and nix. He can carve up a defense . They just beat one of the best defenses in the nation. You're third Paragraph literally describes Michigan. You're hilariously delusional and wrong. JJ Macarthy and Michigan just beat a superior team. The number two team in the nation. What's Oregon?

If Oregon was better then Michigan they'd be ahead of them, but they're not. Michigan has a lot of skill players. You're either a big Oregon fan or just hate Michigan for some reason and projecting your own personal insecurities because Michigan
You’re delusional lol. McCarthy better than Beck and Nix??? LOL.

You’re a Michigan fan. You literally admitted it. You’re going off rankings? No **** Michigan is ahead of them, they haven’t lost because they play in a watered-down garbage conference this year. What’s the best offense they’ve played, Ohio State? A team with a mid QB and barely hung 17 on ND? 20 on Penn State? 35 on Youngstown St?

Your logic implies FSU is better than Oregon.

Just wait and see. I’ll be bumping this in a few weeks should Oregon beat Washington and they get matched up. If you had to respond three times to my post at 2:45am, you seem emotionally touched.

Last edited:
Interesting stat that I found while looking up other stuff. Interpret it as you will.

Miami was 91st in rushing play percentage (49.14%). They were much closer to teams like Georgia (50.36%) and Oregon (46.57%) than Michigan (60.26%) and Alabama (59.88%).
Fair enough but 95% of what people care about is HOW we run and pass and not really the ratio. If they ran/passed creatively and it worked i don't think anyone would really care about the ratio.

Fair enough but 95% of what people care about is HOW we run and pass and not really the ratio. If they ran/passed creatively and it worked i don't think anyone would really care about the ratio.
Bingo.

The end around to George we haven’t seen all year basically. If you run inside zone 1000 times with no threat for TVD to keep it, what’s the point?

Parrish bounced outside and had success because no run defense respects our outside run game - no stretch plays, no counters, nothing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We're 7-5....
you were specifically talking about running the ball ineffectively after someone proved the notion that we're a balanced team (despite the wrong narrative pushed on here) the record is a bigger discussion than that

you guys just say stuff and then when you get called on it you point to the record lmao

This...too many people let results influence their opinion of the playcalling when it comes to how creative it is or isn't. Just like if you watch the Texas A&M everyone always puts in Higgins regard you'll see that outside of the Jacoby George goal line play we weren't doing anything creative in that game. We just won our matchups against man coverage

you were specifically talking about running the ball ineffectively after someone proved the notion that we're a balanced team (despite the wrong narrative pushed on here) the record is a bigger discussion than that

you guys just say stuff and then when you get called on it you point to the record lmao
You asked how is it not working.... my goal is winning football games... 7-5 is not working well enough...

Advertisement
Back