The biggest difference between Miami and Michigan

Advertisement
Compare the roster now versus the roster we had when he got here. He came in & pull the David Copperfield with a Manny special, dead recruiting class & a dog **** roster.

He's made some unthinkable game day blunders but this program is night and day better than when he started here and if you can't see that you're a moron.
Yet we’re still 7-5, same as manny’s last year that got him fired two years ago...maybe someday the actual season and record will mean something to some fans

Yet we’re still 7-5, same as manny’s last year that got him fired two years ago...maybe someday the actual season and record will mean something to some fans
He was left a mess coming in. Team is WAAAYYYYY better & tending up Maybe someday some of our fans will stop acting like entitled Rich 13-year-old hoes. Like Miami just deserves to pick whatever recruits they want because we've been so impressive these last two decades.

He was left a mess coming in. Team is WAAAYYYYY better & tending up Maybe someday some of our fans will stop acting like entitled Rich 13-year-old hoes. Like Miami just deserves to pick whatever recruits they want because we've been so impressive these last two decades.
The team is 7-5. Manny's team was 7-5.

"Team is WAYYYYYYY better" is just inaccurate.

FIFY. Cause aint no **** way in the Devils **** yall are trying to say you don't want playoff football.

The system be damned, they're competing for possible Ships. Yall have got to be kidding me right now.

We're 7-5 talking about we don't want to emulate a conference champ-playoff bound team. You gotta be kidding me.
I feel you

Advertisement
A 7-5 mess he has “improved” to 5-7 and 7-5…..yeah I know

Interesting stat that I found while looking up other stuff. Interpret it as you will.

Miami was 91st in rushing play percentage (49.14%). They were much closer to teams like Georgia (50.36%) and Oregon (46.57%) than Michigan (60.26%) and Alabama (59.88%).
I have zero issues running the ball 50% of the time. My biggest issue with Mario is his inability to run an effective running game that is creative and unpredictable scheme. The last 2 games we saw more pulls and misdirection but where was that the entire month of October and some of early November? Bully ball isn’t going to work all the time. Can’t run up the middle all 2nd half vs FSU with 9 in the box and expect success.

I think we try to be like Michigan last year and ended up with Gattis.

Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Agreed. I just don’t want an offense like Michigan. It’s boring, they lack recruits because of it, and they’ll get exposed against superior teams. If they go down early, it’s hard to come back operating like that.

Now the trench play, absolutely. All day and twice on Sundays.

The perfect balance is Oregon, UGA this year - where you have a QB that can carve you up, and a physical rushing attack with a mixture of punishing RBs and explosive, lighting-in-a-bottle ones.

Even Texas has punishing RBs behind a good OL and a very star-studded DL.
You're so wrong it's laughable. You sound so stupid lol

Agreed. I just don’t want an offense like Michigan. It’s boring, they lack recruits because of it, and they’ll get exposed against superior teams. If they go down early, it’s hard to come back operating like that.

Now the trench play, absolutely. All day and twice on Sundays.

The perfect balance is Oregon, UGA this year - where you have a QB that can carve you up, and a physical rushing attack with a mixture of punishing RBs and explosive, lighting-in-a-bottle ones.

Even Texas has punishing RBs behind a good OL and a very star-studded DL.
Jj Macarthy is head and shoulders above both neck and nix. He can carve up a defense . They just beat one of the best defenses in the nation. You're third Paragraph literally describes Michigan. You're hilariously delusional and wrong. JJ Macarthy and Michigan just beat a superior team. The number two team in the nation. What's Oregon?

If Oregon was better then Michigan they'd be ahead of them, but they're not. Michigan has a lot of skill players. You're either a big Oregon fan or just hate Michigan for some reason and projecting your own personal insecurities because Michigan

Advertisement
I have zero issues running the ball 50% of the time. My biggest issue with Mario is his inability to run an effective running game that is creative and unpredictable scheme. The last 2 games we saw more pulls and misdirection but where was that the entire month of October and some of early November? Bully ball isn’t going to work all the time. Can’t run up the middle all 2nd half vs FSU with 9 in the box and expect success.
And way more snaps from under center that are better for running plays as well.

Take away TVDs 10ints in 4wks and we'd be discussing how we beat Michigan in 5weeks instead of the difference between us and Michigan. Smh
Exactly. All this game management **** makes me wonder if people watch around the country other games. Every weekend you see same moves made by coaches most on here consider elite as well. Whether its clock management and timeouts or substitutions etc. it's just a flair for the dramatic.

Haha our DBs would’ve gotten SMOKED all game today against OSU. Comparing Miami and Michigan is like comparing a pitbull and a poodle. Both dogs who eat, drink, and **** but that’s about it brother
Same **** y'all said poo was gonna do to us and that's not on par with reality. Only major difference is their best corner (who got smoked several times today as well)is already developed. That's not saying they don't have better talent. Just simply if Tyler brings his big boy pants we ain't rolling over to ****. If we as bad as half of y'all seem to want us to be than ain't **** to be hot with Mario about. We simply have to find a way to keep the majority of our core on Campus. Past that it's all about taking some lumps and maturing.

Advertisement
Oregon is 5th in yards per rush attempt. Georgia is 15th. Oregon is 1st in fewest sacks allowed. Georgia is 7th. Oregon is 2nd in fewest giveaways. Georgia is lower but still solid at 35th.

Those teams can control the ball with physicality as well as anyone. They are also extremely explosive, which makes them special. But the ability to control the game is table stakes.
Craziest part of oregons O is Bo nix throws it side to side not vertically think he’s completed 18 passes this year past 20 yards

Our HC and QB cost us 2-3 games because of game management and poor decision making

Mario really needs to soul search this offseason and we need a good QB

If those two things happen we’ll be headed in the right direction

If not we’ll maybe be 8-4 next year
8-4 with that schedule next year is a failure in my opinion

Michigan can win games that way and has.

I don’t want to be Michigan. It’s boring as **** and tough to watch. I’m fine with ball control smashmouth football at times but to build an entire program around it is not something I’d want as a fan. That said I don’t want a true air raid either. I like the power spreads so many incorporate now and even the offenses Miami and SF have going in the MFl. Miami was made a national brand by putting athletes in space and scoring on offense while attacking on D and making QBs lives miserable. That’s what I want.
This!!! In particular the last two sentences. In regards to the "Air Raid", that term gets thrown around too much and most of the time it is out of mental laziness(I don't mean you @PSU Cane ). Most excellent OCs all through college football whether they coach at Troy, Ohio U, James Madison or Washington, Missouri, Oregon or wherever they may be have Frankenstein type offenses. What I mean by that is most sharp OCs take great ideas from all sorts of different systems and put their own personal signature on it. I could be wrong but I don't see a large number of OCs running a pure Air Raid anymore. Even within that circle who do run that particular offense, there tends to be a significant variation in the way those offenses are run.

Back to the original point, @PSU Cane hit it on the head. We were made a national brand by putting athletes with speed in space and scoring on offense. On defense we used team speed to attack, attack and attack some more, chocking off anything horizontal and punishing the QB. I want to have an exciting attacking offense that puts pressure on all three levels of the defense with both physicality and speed. I want an offense that can hit you in the mouth repeatedly with a brutally physical rushing attack married to an explosive passing offense that hits defenses vertically, horizontally and uses the middle of the field.

Too often those of us who say that we want an offense that utilizes tempo and space to exploit defenses with speedy athletes get strawman arguments like.... "I don't want to throw the ball 50 times a game" or "Air Raid offenses don't win championships. As if exciting wide open offense meant having no running game and throwing every down or running the "Air Raid' lol. I love a great running game and watching great UM RBs do their thing. I think I can speak for our group of fans when I say that I want a balanced offense but that's the issue with semantics nowadays. Nothing seems to have a fixed or objective meaning with the word balance in this context being a prime example. Wanting a balanced offense does not mean that you run 35 pass plays and 35 running plays. It means that your offense can do both/either very well.

Advertisement
Back