The Bank (camp edition 8/10)

Advertisement
Lots of “IFs” on this roster. Manny collected some talent but the lack of development has hurt. Last P5 HC to win their division year 1? Doesn’t happen often.

I expect Miami to compete, but the CB, OL, WR, LB & DE rooms are below average compared to elites. Defense couldn’t even tackle QBs in the open field last season. Unless TVD goes inferno 9 wins seems to be ceiling.
Miami’s Defense will be improved in many areas and will have different or newer “issues.”

Lots of “IFs” on this roster. Manny collected some talent but the lack of development has hurt. Last P5 HC to win their division year 1? Doesn’t happen often.

I expect Miami to compete, but the CB, OL, WR, LB & DE rooms are below average compared to elites. Defense couldn’t even tackle QBs in the open field last season. Unless TVD goes inferno 9 wins seems to be ceiling.
Fortunately there are only two teams on the schedule you can call elite.

Advertisement
I only heard Taylor was expected to start but Jackson was brought up as someone who passed the eye test.
Cool.
As I alluded to in a previous post I am not really all bent out of shape about who starts since there will be lots of guys rotating in and out.

I am just curious as to who they think complements Taylor best when he is out there.

Last edited:
I think you’re overestimating the number of plays in a football game. You’re looking at 45 running plays even if Parrish and Knighton don’t get a single carry between them.
That was per group not per player. Im expecting between 25 and 40 carries per game total depending on score/possessions/pace etc. 15-20 carries between Chaney and citizen, 10-15 between Knighton and Parrish. I expect us to average a few more passes (28/game in 2021) and run a little less (41/game) than Michigan did.

Advertisement
NO. Not even close. Being healthy doesn't mean he's going play at championship form.

You said, "If his knee feels good by 9/17,,,,," Are you kidding me? What does his knee feeling good have to do with performance? He's missing the entire Fall camp. He's not going to be at his best no matter what you say.

It's like a track athlete who misses an entire month before the Olympics with a surgery on their knee and hasn't run in a month. Just because they feel good doesn't mean they're going to perform at their best in the most important event. You should lower your expectations.

As I stated, I wouldn't start him against AtM. At best, I'd bring him in a few series and see where he's at. If he holds up, you leave him in. You're not going to know that until he's taking live action. You can't plan on him being the starter against an elite defense.
A&M doesn’t have an elite defense. They are relying on freshman and sophomores on the DL. They will probably eventually develop but they won’t be great by the 3rd game of the season

Messidor will have one of those spots unless he starts out the game on the outside. So many good options on the DL. 180 from last year.
I dont think Mesidor will be down with playing inside unless its some "Nascar" like 3rd and long package. He came here specifically to play DE.

So in a perfect world, our 2023 starting DL would be Mesidor-LT-Jackson-Kelly....Man that could be a top 3 DL in the nation if our DL coaches are as good as we all think they are.

Advertisement
Dabo at Clemson and Jimbo at FSU are other examples as well. It’s not that uncommon and is all about circumstances of what they inherit vs the competition faced.
And we’re talking about one of the weakest/most listless divisions in power 5 right now, and it’s prior year winner lost its Heisman candidate/1st round QB, it’s OC and it’s star WR.

Not *that* high of a hurdle to clear in year 1. Asking for 10 wins or a NYD bowl berth is a lot more.
I don't think asking for 10 wins including the bowl is asking much more than winning coastal. Allows for a loss to clemson and A&M and one bad game if we get the bowl game right.

Advertisement
I assume he will play outside if reports about him not wanting to play inside at WV are true.
But who knows?
Messidor will have one of those spots unless he starts out the game on the outside. So many good options on the DL. 180 from last year.

Mesidor plays both but is mostly outside so far.

Thanks for the answer. Still when you think of the turnover among P5 coaches it’s not something that happens often. Then you have to pair in the chance of another team in division exceeding expectations. Realistically if Canes go 9-3 and don’t win division bc this years Pitt wins 10/11 would you consider that a failure?
yes

On the other site he who shall not be named said Jacurri would be better off switching to WR and that in essence he is not a QB. Are you hearing the same thing? I find it hard to believe the coaches are out on this kid after one spring and 4 fall practices. Any insight you have on him would be appreciated.

Whoever said that is on crack… Jacurri is Lamar Jackson in Can Newtons body. He will be the QB that carries us to another national championship with the way Mario recruits.

Advertisement
Back