The Bank (camp edition 8/10)

I would like to see JW used like ND used Kyle Hamilton last year. Line him up everywhere and make the offense account for him after coming to the line.
Good call. That kid could play. Would love to see that happen.

Advertisement
I would agree, was referring to the regular season. I think a random in conference L is likely. @ VT (probably highest chance) or @UVA, or god forbid @ GT.

I’m optimistic we’ll hold serve at home
You take that **** back. I plan to go to GT this year. After the BC debacle a few years ago, I had sworn off traveling with the program until it got its **** together. It ruins my entire weekend when we’re holding an L in some city. Figured I’d tip-toe back in with Atlanta this season.

Advertisement
I assume you mean Nelson.

Surgery was just after the 4th of July weekend. Let's assume the end of that week, July 8th.

His timeline is 6-8 weeks. 6 weeks would be August 19th. 8 weeks would be September 2, essentially right at Week 1.

So I think aggressively he's practicing for a couple weeks and potentially playing Week 1, definitely by Week 2 and is close to or at 100% by A&M.

Conservatively, he misses Week 1 for sure, probably Week 2, and will be iffy for A&M.

Either way, unless he has a setback, we should have him for 80% of the season, at worst. And there's certainly a chance he misses no time, or possibly just the Bethune scrimmage.
Rather have him 80% of the season at 100% than 100% of the season at 80%

Advertisement
You take that **** back. I plan to go to GT this year. After the BC debacle a few years ago, I had sworn off traveling with the program until it got its **** together. It ruins my entire weekend when we’re holding an L in some city. Figured I’d tip-toe back in with Atlanta this season.

Hit me up, my brother and I are here in the A. I’ll have a whisky ready for you. Or a beer. Whatever works, brother.

Advertisement
I hate playing A&M so early in the season (away) but hopefully we will come out of the gates fast.
I agree. I think coming out fast and physical early will set the tone for the game. It’s a mind set and if coach Cristobal can get the team’s mindset dialed in before kickoff, that could spell upset for atm.

I put down 1k on Miami and the upset. I think the team makes a statement this game for their coach.

Advertisement
Antonio Johnson, he plays Safety, but he also lines up at CB as well sometimes.

He was the highest graded Safety in the SEC last year.
to me this guy is more or less what we want James Williams to look like

if you watch this full game cut up vs Arkansas he looks a bit exploitable in coverage especially in space, but he makes a ton of plays when blitzing and supporting the run and makes his fair share of plays in coverage too.

he will be an interesting game plan for Gattis if his offense indeed uses TEs and RBs heavily in the passing game

to me this guy is more or less what we want James Williams to look like

if you watch this full game cut up vs Arkansas he looks a bit exploitable in coverage especially in space, but he makes a ton of plays when blitzing and supporting the run and makes his fair share of plays in coverage too.

he will be an interesting game plan for Gattis if his offense indeed uses TEs and RBs heavily in the passing game

He was a kid i wanted us to offer when he was coming out..think he is from the same high school as Jeff Thomas

Agreed. But even by committee you still usually have a standout. If that standout is Citizen like DMoney hinted at - wow. We have to expect a transfer or two going into 2023, right?
A starting freshman RB is bad news for that room. Especially with no 23 recruits. He’ll have to go by committee.

Advertisement
Back