The Bank (11/23)

Advertisement
InsideTheU learned that there is another name that some in Coral Gables are in the process of evaluating and are actively communicating with. That would be Cincinnati (Ohio) Winton Woods four-star cornerback Jermaine Mathews, an Ohio State commit.

Miami has yet to offer, which would be the first big step in anything potentially materializing, but Matthews told InsideTheU that he has legitimate interest as he continues to have conversations with Jahmile Addae and Demarcus Van Dyke.

The 6-foot, 175-pounder gave a pledge to the in-state Buckeyes back in July but has since fielded offers from Clemson and Michigan.

247Sports’ Allen Trieu thinks Matthews will eventually start games at the Power 5 level and compares the senior to Los Angeles Rams cornerback Troy Hill.

Another name Miami seems to be in the process of evaluating is San Pedro (Cali.) athlete Nicholas Fernandez who is committed to Arizona. As a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who plays multiple positions on both sides of the ball, Fernandez has some interesting traits, but it sounds like if the Hurricanes were to go in this direction, the Southern California product would be a candidate to play along the interior defensive line as a three-technique.

Advertisement
Lol Not trying to be an *** but ..... What would be the need of your confirmation once the news already gets dropped???
My friend, there is no need at all for my confirmation. Its appreciating the news and confirming in my heart that it was spot on lol. Now, how i go about confirming this news is yet to be decided lol 🤙🤙🤙🤣🤣🤣

It’s impossible to beat CM imo. Taking the number one cb in the country , from Lakeland and beating your biggest rival who was the assumed “ leader” is the perfect storm. People were so in denial about him they didn’t pickup on my hints that day Including multiple post in his thread and a troll avatar I changed day of lol.

I believe there’s some that would be close to CM but that’s hard to beat.
Idk getting a 5 star WR to flip from ohst with their track record over recent years plus him being from AH? Idk I think it would be close

Advertisement
Advertisement
Idk getting a 5 star WR to flip from ohst with their track record over recent years plus him being from AH? Idk I think it would be close
Its public knowledge that he has a terrific NIL offer which makes Miami very tempting , so that alone doesn’t make it close to CM imo. If it happened it would be huge but not as crazy as CM for shock value Imo.

I mean if we’re going for shock value….

Hicks, Hill fit that mold for sure.

I feel like there’s zero chance, but what about two guys that were known to be looking around at A&M early in the year, which indirectly means the bag….and we know USC is reluctant to match large NIL offers…we’ve gotten guys from Bishop Gorman before…(in the case of one of ‘em)…

I would do a lot of things for Zachariah Branch and Malachi Nelson.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I feel like there’s zero chance, but what about two guys that were known to be looking around at A&M early in the year, which indirectly means the bag….and we know USC is reluctant to match large NIL offers…

@nystateofmind

I feel like there’s zero chance, but what about two guys that were known to be looking around at A&M early in the year, which indirectly means the bag….and we know USC is reluctant to match large NIL offers…we’ve gotten guys from Bishop Gorman before…

1st team All-Biblical

Advertisement
Back