The Bank (11/21)

Advertisement
Agreed, but not only is each team playing to their own cap, but yours is potentially changing every year depending on the whims of boosters.

This is the real way that boosters get coaches fired now. It used to be that you would threaten to withhold donations from the school which they may or may not have been able to weather, but if a couple of big NIL donors turn off the faucet b/c they want a different coach, then that coach is cooked (obviously if your coach has 7 years and a gabillion dollars left on his contract then the donors would need to come up with that money too or they are going to watch the school do even worse as they can't fire the coach and aren't getting good players).

I think big donors will continue to donate but will just push it into the university vs NIL. Let the next man come in with everything they need to succeed.

Storyline I’ll be following is QB. Are we better off with TVD with another year under Dawson?

Or potentially showing him the door, getting Pratt…but what happens if TVD leaves and Pratt yields a bigger deal and goes somewhere else. FSU and UF could potentially be in the QB market too.

When TVD is healthy and right is Pratt really an upgrade? TVD hasn’t played in the same system yet in his college career. But obvious durability issues and mental challenges with him. Going to be interesting to see how Mario and Zo manage that room.
Pratt has played under 3 OCs and is mobile.

Stop making an excuse for TVD regarding the multiple OCs. Of course stability helps things but it shouldn’t be a debilitating situation from a grasping/understanding a play book and reading a defense if you are truly a top QB.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Going back to 2014 we’ve only finished outside of the top 3 in ACC recruiting once in Lispy’s 2019 transition class. During that time frame we’ve had Five #2 classes and One #1 class.
Cupboards bare

No way they are going to run it back with TVD next year anyway.
I’m sure TVD is transferring but I don’t think he’s getting any Alabama type interest or big NIL from anyone after this season.
He might be best served just staying and competing for the job here, but I don’t think he’ll entertain that.
He’s most certainly not best served staying here. Both sides desperately need a fresh start

I’m not giving up on him yet. May as well see what happens between now and 2025 since we aren’t firing him anytime sooner. Just looks very bad when you have 4 DT commits in 3 years, 3 project QBs. On top of game day coaching, yikes
He won't get any pressure until 2026 and there will none by then
He's here for a long time

70% of the mopes will pretend they never said anything
Other 30 just complain to complain
They will ***** we are 7th seed in playoffs

Advertisement
He won't get any pressure until 2026 and there will none by then
He's here for a long time

70% of the mopes will pretend they never said anything
Other 30 just complain to complain
They will ***** we are 7th seed in playoffs
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Kiffin would’ve won 9 games with TVD. If you want to even play the hypothetical Kiffin + Guidry, we’re ACCCG bound. No doubt in my mind.

But that ship is sadly gone and even though I’m a pretty open Lane supporter, we should focus on our head coach. The only way Mario is successful here is bringing in talent and building rosters better than most college teams. He needs that advantage to offset coaching deficiencies.

And that’s why a lot of us are concerned we’re not bringing in enough talent to match the expectations set forth upon hiring.
Kiffin wouldn’t have hired Lance so that’s make believe

Advertisement
Pratt has played under 3 OCs and is mobile.

Stop making an excuse for TVD regarding the multiple OCs. Of course stability helps things but it shouldn’t be a debilitating situation from a grasping/understanding a play book and reading a defense if you are truly a top QB.
Facts. TVD was too busy playing golf, riding around in his 7 series with his girly from the golf team to be worried about excelling in the film room. He epitomizes the look of a person who was comfortable and just coasting. He's the opposite of the eye of the tiger mentality.

Facts. TVD was too busy playing golf, riding around in his 7 series with his girly from the golf team to be worried about excelling in the film room. He epitomizes the look of a person who was comfortable and just coasting. He's the opposite of the eye of the tiger mentality.
Facts. How as much as people hate Mario around here nowadays. I believe Mario is trying recruit guys with that dog in them. I hate say it, but if we had Tim Tebow(🤮)at QB this year, we are winning every game except NC.

That fire has to burn deep down inside of you.

Advertisement
Back