The Bank (11/21)

View as article
Advertisement
Yeah, but this also assumes that you have at least the same amount of funds available (I don't know either way if Miami does/doesn't) and that the rate for those players isn't going up (or if it is, your funds are going up proportionally). Miami had a head start on NIL on a lot of programs, but at this point a lot of programs that had issues before seem to have caught up (ex: FSU).

Obviously I didn't mean it like that same exact NFL model where every team has the same cap.
The salary cap is whatever amount you have available and every team has a different cap.
It's just fascinating how it's almost becoming like a professional team allocation contract money. Balancing between committed money and creating space with contracts coming off the books.

Advertisement
Obviously I didn't mean it like that same exact NFL model where every team has the same cap.
The salary cap is whatever amount you have available and every team has a different cap.
It's just fascinating how it's almost becoming like a professional team allocation contract money. Balancing between committed money and creating space with contracts coming off the books.
Agreed, but not only is each team playing to their own cap, but yours is potentially changing every year depending on the whims of boosters.

This is the real way that boosters get coaches fired now. It used to be that you would threaten to withhold donations from the school which they may or may not have been able to weather, but if a couple of big NIL donors turn off the faucet b/c they want a different coach, then that coach is cooked (obviously if your coach has 7 years and a gabillion dollars left on his contract then the donors would need to come up with that money too or they are going to watch the school do even worse as they can't fire the coach and aren't getting good players).

I believe that Ryan Day not too long said that $5MM was their annual budget
Pretty sure it was higher than that and I would not be surprised if it has only gone higher.

EDIT: He said it was $13M to keep the roster intact 1.5 years ago. Not sure how much that amount has changed (if at all) since then.

Advertisement
Y'all need to be a little more patient and frankly a little smarter.
lol.

Win more football games. Recruit Top 10 classes that end up averaging inside the Top 13 per recruit. 6-5 doesn’t deserve patience. 11-12 and 5-10 in the ACC doesn’t deserve patience. I don’t care if Jesus Christ is the coach.

I’m not saying fire the guy, but those that get their panties in a bunch over critiques are hilarious to see rationalize and spin.

There's at least 5 guys in this class that shouldn't be. This is what happens when you whiff Mario and go potentially 6-7.

Advertisement
lol.

Win more football games. Recruit Top 10 classes that end up averaging inside the Top 13 per recruit. 6-5 doesn’t deserve patience. 11-12 and 5-10 in the ACC doesn’t deserve patience. I don’t care if Jesus Christ is the coach.

I’m not saying fire the guy, but those that get their panties in a bunch over critiques are hilarious to see rationalize and spin.

I was referring to recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back