The Bank (11/21)

View as article
My primary metric for this staff has always been recruiting. The worst sign for this program right now is their inability to recruit. Our fans are grossly underestimating how ****ed we are unless recruiting improves- this offseason- by leaps and bounds.
Yeah man. Mario needs a significant talent advantage just to compete given the coRching. This is deadly

Advertisement
I wish we could pick people from the Portal like Madden, but there is only so much money in the real world. Don’t get it wrong- they will evaluate corners in the Portal. But they like what they’ve seen from Brown and Richard as starters, and Porter has been our best defensive back. That’s three guys. They also want to play Stafford.

It will cost a lot to add another starting caliber player. What position should we ignore? We need to spend on real impact guys at QB, DT and S.
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

That is why I didn't automatically throw him into the money that can be reallocated.

I think he leaves and Rivers kicks inside to center. Still not a huge need to grab an OL in the portal if that happens but we could.

I see it like this just for a visual:
TVD's NIL - $ for $ to a new QB. Should have a high-choice option as long as Mario's reputation doesn't kill it. They have a plan in place and hopefully it works out
Cohen's NIL - $ for $ one of the top DTs in the portal. Should get an all-conference caliber guy
Deen's NIL - $ for $ should land a rotational DT
Taylor's NIL - $ for $ for a starting WR or CB
James' NIL - $ for $ for a starting Safety
Kam's NIL - $ for $ for a rotational Safety and a rotational DT
Lee - Stays or $ for $ goes towards a Nickel/CB. Maybe another portal OL

The rest opening up is pretty much pennies. Use that to go towards freshman, allocating to high performing young guys, etc.
I’ve seen a few posts moving Rivers inside. Who takes over at LT if that happens? Maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention but if Lee is gone and there’s nobody behind him that can step up, what happens if moving Rivers to C opens up a hole at LT? Not sure if you can automatically pencil Honcho into the starting LT spot after his injury this year.

In my mind, if Lee does go, you go find another 1 year rental at center to get the offensive line in better shape depth wise for 2025.

That is why I didn't automatically throw him into the money that can be reallocated.

I think he leaves and Rivers kicks inside to center. Still not a huge need to grab an OL in the portal if that happens but we could.

I see it like this just for a visual:
TVD's NIL - $ for $ to a new QB. Should have a high-choice option as long as Mario's reputation doesn't kill it. They have a plan in place and hopefully it works out
Cohen's NIL - $ for $ one of the top DTs in the portal. Should get an all-conference caliber guy
Deen's NIL - $ for $ should land a rotational DT
Taylor's NIL - $ for $ for a starting WR or CB
James' NIL - $ for $ for a starting Safety
Kam's NIL - $ for $ for a rotational Safety and a rotational DT
Lee - Stays or $ for $ goes towards a Nickel/CB. Maybe another portal OL

The rest opening up is pretty much pennies. Use that to go towards freshman, allocating to high performing young guys, etc.
You don’t think Rivers leaves? Feel like he made money this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve seen a few posts moving Rivers inside. Who takes over at LT if that happens? Maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention but if Lee is gone and there’s nobody behind him that can step up, what happens if moving Rivers to C opens up a hole at LT? Not sure if you can automatically pencil Honcho into the starting LT spot after his injury this year.

In my mind, if Lee does go, you go find another 1 year rental at center to get the offensive line in better shape depth wise for 2025.
Someone get this guy up to speed

My primary metric for this staff has always been recruiting. The worst sign for this program right now is their inability to recruit. Our fans are grossly underestimating how ****ed we are unless recruiting improves- this offseason- by leaps and bounds.
To put into “context”, this class has more guys ranked outside the top 1000 (5) than Lispy had total (4) in 3 classes. It also has more guys outside the top 700 (9) than Lispy had in his worst year (6). Both of those numbers came for Lispy in his 2019 transition class.

That doesn’t even get into the failure to address positions of urgent need but EVALS BRUH!

Advertisement
I do marvel at these guys’ willingness to dig and build sources to get the inside scoop on which teenagers might or might not want to go to a middling college football team. There’s this beautiful madness required to care about a thing like that. Every mediocre year that goes by it’s less and less clear to me why I even bother with this.

in the last page of the Lawayne Mccoy thread. Gaby just said that one of the visitors for Lousiville was Lawayne and nothing much. No one even mentioned him even after that update, probably due to people getting caught up with Armondo Blount and his antics.
What were Blounts antics?

For those that are crying in this thread about doom and gloom of a top 15 class before portal kids are added….you do realize Miami is ranked 2nd in the ACC class rankings. No excuse to not win this conference. Miami has the talent, the coaching is the question mark along with a QB.

Get a QB and Miami is positioned to win the ACC next year.

Advertisement
To put into “context”, this class has more guys ranked outside the top 1000 (5) than Lispy had total (4) in 3 classes. It also has more guys outside the top 700 (9) than Lispy had in his worst year (6). Both of those numbers came for Lispy in his 2019 transition class.

That doesn’t even get into the failure to address positions of urgent need but EVALS BRUH!
Evals my ***. We're just being forced to take dudes after whiffing on our top 54 at that position.

The only whales in this class are beached.

For those that are crying in this thread about doom and gloom of a top 15 class before portal kids are added….you do realize Miami is ranked 2nd in the ACC class rankings. No excuse to not win this conference. Miami has the talent, the coaching is the question mark along with a QB.

Get a QB and Miami is positioned to win the ACC next year.

Advertisement
Back