The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Advertisement
Why can’t people accept that we do not want everyone? Just b/c we’re not getting 15 transfers, doesnt mean our roster is out of whack or that we ‘suck’ in the portal

Go root for FSU if you want a complete roster overhaul every 1-2 years
Nobody wants an overhaul. We have gaping holes at CB and safety and desperately need a #1 receiver and we’ve seen almost no action at those positions despite a lot of talent in the portal.

Why can’t people accept that we do not want everyone? Just b/c we’re not getting 15 transfers, doesnt mean our roster is out of whack or that we ‘suck’ in the portal

Go root for FSU if you want a complete roster overhaul every 1-2 years
agreed, most on here want 22 new starters in the portal every year but they don't recognize that winning teams develop and recruit

it's why I've been against getting a WR in the portal

we have horton, Washington, joseph, Robinson, carr, trader all ready to take snaps and make an impact

what's the point of top 10 recruiting classes if you sit the players for portal players instead, and then watch them all portal out?

Man the portal is moving so slow for us. We made a couple nice moves but we still need about 4-5 more guys.

Advertisement
Has someone already said Poff Poff Pass 🤣
Steve Harvey Laughing GIF by ABC Network

It was. I think we were in the 40-60 range when we hired Mario and in 2 months he got us in the top 20. With the complete and total lack of juice we had and with Manny;s success in the portal I really wonder if that is where he was planning to attack recruiting. Similar to FSU where we clown there HS recruiting but right now the portal is looking pretty good for them. Would not surprise me if that was the plan looking back and that is where Manny thought resources should be targeted.

I think the issue with the portal is it goes completely against Mario's recruiting strategy. Like if Mario could find a way to have been at the hospital to help deliver Trevor Lawerence as a baby to build a relationship with his parents he would. We have seen him miss on some HS recruits because he wants the players to take other visits, talk with family, visit here with his family, build a relationship etc. The portal to me needs a more used car salesman approach. Quick, high pressure, visit, sign, shut it down. Also when you look at the coaches that have success in the portal (aside from someone like UGA or Bama) guys like Norvell, Manny, Deon, Lane all fit that salesperson persona. I also am not even saying that negatively, it is what it is.
The portal goes against Mario’s recruiting philosophy?

Are you guys listening to yourselves?

The portal is here to stay so you better make it part of your ******* philosophy. Adapt or die!!

Plus, why have a guy like Alonzo here then if you aren’t going to use his talents to identify talents in high school and the portal?

Stop making excuses for this operation and the player personnel evaluators, guys.

Come the **** on!!!!

Z
The portal goes against Mario’s recruiting philosophy?

Are you guys listening to yourselves?

The portal is here to stay so you better make it part of your ******* philosophy. Adapt or die!!

Plus, why have a guy like Alonzo here then if you aren’t going to use his talents to identify talents in high school and the portal?

Stop making excuses for this operation and the player personnel evaluators, guys.

Come the **** on!!!!
Preach preach preach all I needed was some church music playing in the background when I read this.

Advertisement
I also think we need to speed up the evaluation process, be more aggressive and spend more money on top tier talent. I believe we are being too cheap at times and missing on a lot of talented kids. This topic is a little frustrating for me.
This is quite the heel turn for you in 2024 vs what you were posting in 2023.

Concerning, if you ask me.

Let me put it this way. When you’re intimately involved in every detail, it’s hard to excel in any detail. I’m not going to get into specifics but he gets it that superseding those you’ve delegated to make decisions too often and for the smallest of things doesn’t work. It doesn’t work for those delegated and it doesn’t work on game day.

And yes it goes beyond just Nick Saban. The guy at this point is all ears I can assure you.

As for the Rutgers game. He trusted his team was going to be able to do what they were capable of doing and just didn’t do. Not sure if you were at the game but JB was about as comfortable as a ***** in the front pew of a church. I suggest you get a hold of an all 22 if you weren’t there. Not saying it was the right approach but when you couple the decisions with the approach to JB it should at least become understandable.

I’m sure you’ve been through enough pain to be entitled to have your opinion. I cast no judgements on you for that. But right now you have a coach who in a dozen years has more conference titles than we have conference championship game appearances/championships in the last 20.
You sound like a very articulate and intelligent person so let me ask you this question?

What about the traits you are describing makes you really think that a person like this is capable of changing his personality?

These are personality traits that are almost impossible to change and you point them out but yet in other previous posts you are confident that Mario can change.

How????

If I am betting, my money is on 95% he’s not going to be able to change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nobody wants an overhaul. We have gaping holes at CB and safety and desperately need a #1 receiver and we’ve seen almost no action at those positions despite a lot of talent in the portal.
Not a TE….

But, but…. We have Arroyo, new kid and last year’s kid?

How many catches and targets for the TEs? How many injuries to that position?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back