The Bank (1/8)

View as article
What is he doing to fix it?

Have you seen his calendar to meet with McDaniel, Saban, any offensive head coach in any league?

How did he fix it fumbling the QB so far? And yes. Adding LilTua is not striking the QB Gold…

Why would anyone that watched us play believe Mario will change when we just watched him pull the same conservative **** with the lead against Rutgers that lost us games for 2 years?

What “behind the scenes” is happening to give us hope? Are they unique to Mario or Miami investing in football?

Working hard doing the wrong thing doesn’t help….
I’ll add one thing to this and @PIPO post as far as changing an approach whether it be whole life or as a coach.

There’s a name you mentioned for which you can find a story of a very drastic life change. Understandably it’s a watered down public version of when and how the change came about. There was a set of events which led to the change which aren’t public and in turn had a drastic impact on the trajectory of his career, much less his personal life. Pretty dark stuff and I’ll leave it at that.

The situations are different between the two and are on a completely different level but there’s typically a catalyst which leads to the change and by all appearances Mario has experienced that.

Advertisement
What a fall. We used to say I was at the OB game for wide right or wide left, or I was at the UT game or the UCLA game or the Nebraska game or the Oklahoma game. Now we mark our memories by the banner. smh.

p.s., no criticism meant for you Scuba. Just is what it is.
No offense taken, I was also at the OB for several of the games you listed.

The only glimmer of hope is that QB is not the only position on the field. Michigan didn’t have a superstar QB. **** idk. I’m aware we are no where near that level. I’m trying to find hope lol

The only glimmer of hope is that QB is not the only position on the field. Michigan didn’t have a superstar QB. **** idk. I’m aware we are no where near that level. I’m trying to find hope lol
Just for context, Harbaugh’s been at Michigan since 2015. Not saying Mario needs 8 years to get to that point, but it didn’t happen at Michigan overnight

Advertisement
Just for context, Harbaugh’s been at Michigan since 2015. Not saying Mario needs 8 years to get to that point, but it didn’t happen at Michigan overnight
For the millionth time, Harbaugh started winning at Michigan immediately. The knock was that he could get them over the Taint hump and then winning a title. It’s not the same as Mario going 12-12(6-10) the first two years.

He isn’t a superstar but that kid is talented and been projected by most to be a day 2 kid if he came out this year.

I’ll add one thing to this and @PIPO post as far as changing an approach whether it be whole life or as a coach.

There’s a name you mentioned for which you can find a story of a very drastic life change. Understandably it’s a watered down public version of when and how the change came about. There was a set of events which led to the change which aren’t public and in turn had a drastic impact on the trajectory of his career, much less his personal life. Pretty dark stuff and I’ll leave it at that.

The situations are different between the two and are on a completely different level but there’s typically a catalyst which leads to the change and by all appearances Mario has experienced that.

Thanks for the insight.

Mario adapting is what people have been saying is necessary for success.

Last edited:
For the millionth time, Harbaugh started winning at Michigan immediately. The knock was that he could get them over the Taint hump and then winning a title. It’s not the same as Mario going 12-12(6-10) the first two years.

He isn’t a superstar but that kid is talented and been projected by most to be a day 2 kid if he came out this year.

Mario just needs to get over the hump…

The hump:
IMG_1175.jpeg

Advertisement

Again comparing apple and oranges. There are countless variables that contribute to each situation differently. Michigan is a blue blood program with the most wins in CFB history. I’m not being a Wolverine homer, that’s just facts. Miami is not, and never will be, in the same stratosphere.

Also for context how long has DeBoer been at Washington?
2 years. Again, comparing apples and oranges. Even taking a deep dive into the countless variables between the 2 programs overall would reveal not many similarities.

2 years. Again, comparing apples and oranges. Even taking a deep dive into the countless variables between the 2 programs overall would reveal not many similarities.
Exactly it can take 8 years it can take 2 years or it could not happen all together. Comparing Miami to anyone else is always stupid.

Advertisement
Again comparing apple and oranges. There are countless variables that contribute to each situation differently. Michigan is a blue blood program with the most wins in CFB history. I’m not being a Wolverine homer, that’s just facts. Miami is not, and never will be, in the same stratosphere.
So ****** what? They were in the gutter after Hoke. Nebraska is a blue blood as well and they haven’t recovered since Osborne.

You may be right, we shall see in 24’. Ultimately only he knows at this point.

I think it’s fair to say this team in 24’ is going to be the most physically gifted team we’ve had in a very long time. Lest we forget it wasn’t even a year and half ago we had a backup RB from UAB getting a relatively significant amount of snaps for us. I think that increase in talent will offset some deficiencies. What’s the optimal ratio of correction on his part to talent? Not sure, but a combination of the two will be an improvement.

There’s been a lot of “corches” spoken of through the years in various threads, Kirby Smart at one point being one of them. I’m not saying he’s the next Kirby but there’s a point where the light goes on or doesn’t. Based on what I’ve seen I happen to believe there will be a significant change.
If we have enough self awareness, there are times throughout life when we have a self reality check and come to the realization that what we’re doing ain’t working and we need to take a different approach. Hopefully, Mario has come to that realization and is open to changes in his approach to certain aspects of his coaching philosophy.

Obviously, Mario does some things very well and those should be acknowledged. Conversely, there are obviously some things he needs to improve upon. I honestly can’t imagine he’s not aware of his shortcomings and too stubborn to make changes.

Advertisement
lol im not my g, you missed the point, I was answering why Mario's portal classes are not on par with his HS recruiting. I am saying he needs to change his approach and adapt a different strategy from portal as he does HS.

His recruiting philosophy likely going back to his FIU days was to build relationships. He continued that. Then even at Oregon he had such solid recruiting classes he did not need to rely heavily on the portal, just cherry pick a few players like Bama, OSU, etc. I am saying the game has changed for portal recruiting and NIL (free agency if you will) and mario needs to adapt. Not an excuse at all for him. Simply answering the question on why his portal recruiting is not as good which IMO is because he is trying to still use his HS approach which is inadequate.
Sorry Watch Out GIF by Laff

Advertisement
Back