The Bank (1/8)

View as article
Buddy they about to pretend Lee and Cohen were All Americans that cover up all the portal misses. I already listed 17 misses in the last 2 years and I was being generous.
Like anyone was turning away Cohen and Lee lolz.

Denis and Sag are the confounding ones. These are Mario HS recruits and they couldn’t beat out any of the jags we had on the line in 22.

Advertisement
Like anyone was turning away Cohen and Lee lolz.

Denis and Sag are the confounding ones. These are Mario HS recruits and they couldn’t beat out any of the jags we had on the line in 22.
The point is they don't mask the profound deficiencies we have in the portal. Both were good players but neither was elite. Cohen will hopefully be a late 2nd early 3rd and Lee is a day 3 guy. I can name 15 confounding ones.

Dude, there's no way you actually believe it. And it's such a lazy thought in general. Reading this board sometimes is ridiculous.

Any coach can manufacture 8 or 9 wins in the ACC. It's an absolute fools gold of a conference. Louisville, NC State, Pitt, Duke, UVA...these are all teams with 9+ wins the last few years. But these teams, and the ACC in general, has been in an entirely different stratosphere related to the SEC and now the BIG10.

Do you want to win 8 or 9 games or do you want to compete in the college football playoff? Manny was going to get you 9 win seasons and then get boat raced against any team that was a serious contender because HS recruiting was horrible underneath him. He was NEVER going to beat SEC/BIG10 teams in serious competition. That was your ceiling. That's it.

Mario has a ton of issues as a gameday coach. He has many issues as a CEO. But getting the talent to compete with the SEC and BIG10 is the hardest thing to do on the checklist of things you need and he's awesome at it. Manny wasn't awesome at anything. Without the talent you will hit a wall. Talent alone can get you a 9 win season and the rest of the checklist to elevate you above that is not nearly as difficult to attain. You can win a NC on talent alone, if the pieces fall right.

Will Mario figure it out? I don't know, but I'd rather have loads of talent than have a team that I know can't beat anybody whose serious.
im not sure you realize the amount of heavy lifting and contradicting you just did. if ANY (your words) coach can manufacture 8 wins in the ACC… why hasn’t Mario did it with more resources and better talent? That’s question 1.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bright red ******* flag when dmoney posts a link to a highlight of him dunking a basketball but conveniently leaves out the FOOTBALL HIGHLIGTS.

I sure hope he's nothing more than the depth guy I've been defending him as, because if he's our guy next year we're in serious ****.
I seen both. Football and the dunking highlights.

im not sure you realize the amount of heavy lifting and contradicting you just did. if ANY (your words) coach can manufacture 8 wins in the ACC… why hasn’t Mario did it with more resources and better talent? That’s question 1.
This has always been the question for Miami, regardless of coach, over the past 12 years. Outside of the Richt year.. I just want it to make sense why the results do not show up lol

Advertisement
Let me put it this way. When you’re intimately involved in every detail, it’s hard to excel in any detail. I’m not going to get into specifics but he gets it that superseding those you’ve delegated to make decisions too often and for the smallest of things doesn’t work. It doesn’t work for those delegated and it doesn’t work on game day.

And yes it goes beyond just Nick Saban. The guy at this point is all ears I can assure you.

As for the Rutgers game. He trusted his team was going to be able to do what they were capable of doing and just didn’t do. Not sure if you were at the game but JB was about as comfortable as a ***** in the front pew of a church. I suggest you get a hold of an all 22 if you weren’t there. Not saying it was the right approach but when you couple the decisions with the approach to JB it should at least become understandable.

I’m sure you’ve been through enough pain to be entitled to have your opinion. I cast no judgements on you for that. But right now you have a coach who in a dozen years has more conference titles than we have conference championship game appearances/championships in the last 20.

Here is my problem:
- TVD - uncomfortable
- Jake - uncomfortable
- Jacurri - uncomfortable

Off-season
- Jake gone
- TVD flirting
- Jacurri shirting

- 4-0
- Bye week
- TVD uncomfortable
- Emory uncomfortable
- Jacurri uncomfortable

Get down to Rutgers, team responds, we get the lead, everyone says this is the momentum drive and apparently between driving the team down the field and that point Jacurri wet himself to the point that we AGAIN, with the lead, went predictable, 3 and out…

This isn’t the Ritz Carlton, but let’s get our ******* QBs a little bit more comfortable please. Jacurri has been on campus for 2 years and we played ******* Rutgers…

Right now we have a coach getting more resources than any other Miami coach in those 20 years and he is 12-13, slow in the portal and a game day corch…

The problem isn’t the officials, the NCAA, Donna, the problem is in Mario’s mirror…

And that makes all the good he brings secondary, because he can’t step away on Saturdays…

DMoney had the post ready to go asap because he knew what the general reaction was going to be.

Serious question since information is hard to find on this kid - what other schools were recruiting him? He posted no offers publicly, trying to find some articles or recruiting services that mention him..
Did Poffenbarger say UGA was recruiting him?

Here is my problem:
- TVD - uncomfortable
- Jake - uncomfortable

Off-season
- Jake gone
- TVD flirting
- Jacurri shirting

- 4-0
- Bye week
- TVD uncomfortable
- Emory uncomfortable
- Jacurri uncomfortable

Get down to Rutgers, team responds, we get the lead, everyone says this is the momentum drive and apparently between driving the team down the field and that point Jacurri wet himself to the point that we AGAIN, with the lead, went predictable, 3 and out…

This isn’t the Ritz Carlton, but let’s get our ******* QBs a little bit more comfortable please. Jacurri has been on campus for 2 years and we played ******* Rutgers…

Right now we have a coach getting more resources than any other Miami coach in those 20 years and he is 12-13, slow in the portal and a game day corch…

The problem isn’t the officials, the NCAA, Donna, the problem is in Mario’s mirror…

And that makes all the good he brings secondary, because he can’t step away on Saturdays…
All Hail Applause GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Advertisement
Here is my problem:
- TVD - uncomfortable
- Jake - uncomfortable

Off-season
- Jake gone
- TVD flirting
- Jacurri shirting

- 4-0
- Bye week
- TVD uncomfortable
- Emory uncomfortable
- Jacurri uncomfortable

Yeah I get it bud. IMO it’s primarily more cases of bad evals. TVD was very banged up at times but his eval was missed from the neck up. Anyone with an objective take in the know will acknowledge that. When he’s uncomfortable he’s like Maverick after Goose died.

The other two, especially Garcia were misses as well. Brady Cook led a good squad this year but he’s no world beater and was the best option by far. Now Garcia entered the portal again.

The jury is still somewhat out on JB. I have my mind made up but we will see. At this point he’s a physical specimen who isn’t as explosive as you think he’d be, is more than a little stiff, and has struggled with the concept of keeping his eyes downfield. I’ve said it quite a bit that the missed opportunities vs Rutgers were cringe worthy when able to see the field. Not saying it can’t happen but I chuckle when I hear about him changing positions. To what is my question?

It’s debatable on the degrees but this place was a disaster when Manny left. Bad evals, complete whiffs on both bodies and talent at multiple positions, and a loose culture with stage 3 cancer. I’ll say it again. Anything less than 10 wins this year is below where we should be considering the relative staff stability and roster turnover. If that doesn’t happen than he’s not where he needs to be.

Good luck trying to convince these guys otherwise.

For the record, Miami never formally saw him on the practice field. He was gone before that could happen.

Goes to ECU, doesn’t look as explosive as they thought he was, and passed the second time around.

Same thing for Little.

Why is that hard for people to understand?
Because he was down the street at Dillard since the 8th grade. Played for SFE(South Florida Express), camped at Miami.

It’s a Very fair question to wonder why he was a take originally out of a local high school. Are our coaches just star whores? Was the original plan to portal him after a year after the great recruiting optics were perceived. Did we originally have a plan to develop this then 16 year old after evaluating him?

Appears to be a **** show-

Advertisement
My bad if asked and answered, but could Poff redshirt this year? Meaning he’d theoretically have 2025 and 2026 as his playing years.

Alonzo Highsmith was the VP of Player Personnel of the Browns when they drafted Mayfield.

Should tell you who is making up the bull**** and probably needs go when this doesn’t work out

Edit.. I see it says personality.. at least they’re not trying to sell his ability as being Baker Mayfield.
Baker u mean the first Qb for the browns in 40 years to get them to the playoffs and win a playoff game? That man who’s in the playoffs with the Bucs. Watson has been so great in Cleveland deff worth the 250 fully guaranteed

Advertisement
Back