The ATM (8/4)

Absolutely possible.

I hope so I just don’t know if we have the horses up front to excel in that system for this year getting us to that 10-2/11-1 type season. We’ll get there no doubt after a few classes. I expect the run game to improve from the new system/coaching but will it be enough to beat the teams we’ve typically struggled with/lost to the last decade?
The run game will do it’s part.

Most importantly, we need the receivers to catch the ball consistently.

I really like Lashlee, but his system’s major weakness was not properly utilizing the middle in the pass game and too predictable with the run. Gattis’ system actually works better with our strengths of tight ends and pass catching backs.

We need the wide outs to catch and we can’t force the run when it isn’t working. Do that, and we will get 10 barring injuries and turnovers.

Advertisement
Lots of hoping and wishing in here lol. Clemson is as loaded as ever , they just lack the generational qb which makes them **** near unbeatable. If you consider “trending down as not going to the playoff every year and finishing in the top five I’ll give you that. But that program is going nowhere. It’s going to be a top ten program going forward. The only holdup for them is Miami loading up in recruiting. They’ll actually have competition in the conference. That’s if Mario does what we expect.

People burying them after a ten win season while missing tons of players is hilarious to me. Make sure y’all keep this same energy lol.

Lots of hoping and wishing in here lol. Clemson is as loaded as ever , they just lack the generational qb which makes them **** near unbeatable. If you consider “trending down as not going to the playoff every year and finishing in the top five I’ll give you that. But that program is going nowhere. It’s going to be a top ten program going forward. The only holdup for them is Miami loading up in recruiting. They’ll actually have competition in the conference. That’s if Mario does what we expect.

People burying them after a ten win season while missing tons of players is hilarious to me. Make sure y’all keep this same energy lol.
They could easily win the game, they could even whip us, I doubt it but they could. All reasonable. Facts do not play out on this they are as loaded as ever stuff you are saying. It just doesn't, like at all. They are not in the league with Bama, Ohio and UGA. Not feelings, not wishing. Facts. That's why they couldn't overcome the injuries and bad QB play and win the ACC. And missing players is not what doomed them. Their QB being garbage truck juice did that. 14-8 v GT. Lol man stop, they won 10 games, credit is due. But loaded as ever, no, not In all positions.

Advertisement

I fully expect them to beat us this year. It'll be interesting to see what happens to their defense though with the loss of Venebles. They still have talent, that'd for sure.

Someone posted their GT score. They still won, sometimes wins are ugly. Arguably the best team ever, our best team ever, played ugly at BC one year and Reed pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

I've got another score for that poster. 10 - 3. That was their opener against the national champ, Georgia. They played them as tough as anyone.

They aren't going anywhere. Their downfall isn't emminent. They have some things to work out offensively, but they have the talent on paper to play with anyone. We might go into that game and run into a buzz saw. Sort of reminiscent of how FSU thought they were coming back, expected a game, and got laid to waste. Come next year though, they pulled out the victory in grand fashion. Our trajectory is upwards, but when it comes, this year or next, it's going to be great.

Last edited:
Yet we don't know if Clemson is gonna have a fixed QB room and they have 2 new Coordinators. One being probably the best at his position in the nation. That's a wash
Maybe but I doubt it. The HC is still there, but I agree with your point that to me the question is about the turnover and the QB room. That all being said, my comment was about overall talent and my point is that from a functional on the field standpoint Clemson is more talented.

Advertisement
Clemson believes the new DC was the brains and is better than Venables. The defense is stacked and the best defense in the country… Idc who is qb, they don’t have any playmakers on the outside. Their oline is average at best and will try to run the football down teams throats once again. Are they beatable? Yes. Will we beat them? Unlikely.

If they were healthy last year you’d likely change your opinion. Losing Ross alone was enormous. Then mix matching the ol and Shipley being out. With all those injuries they still won ten games. I think people are wishing and hoping they aren’t Clemson anymore versus actual reality.
Reality is the are on the downslide.

Hey this time last year all we heard was the same things about Bama

How they lost their entire team and were ripe for the picking etc

And then they promptly just walked all over us

Hey this time last year all we heard was the same things about Bama

How they lost their entire team and were ripe for the picking etc

And then they promptly just walked all over us
Clemson is not Bama. Yall like to claim feelings is what Canes fan use to make judgements. But its yall based on what Clemson did the years previous to last. Their roster is not on Bama level. It's simply not.

Advertisement
Clemson is not Bama. Yall like to claim feelings is what Canes fan use to make judgements. But its yall based on what Clemson did the years previous to last. Their roster is not on Bama level. It's simply not.
Listen man

You say a lot of things here and I know you really mean them, and you seem like a good enough kid

But you just don’t know what you’re talking about

So forgive me if I don’t give you a thought out response

Clemson is not a National title contender anymore but they will still be a great program. DL will be best in the nation. They haven’t develop the skill players as well the past few years but there OL plays well as a unit for there lack of draft picks on it. We also have scored a offensive TD the last 3 times we have played them so doing that would be a good start.

Losing him and some other coaches is what gives me a little hope. I don’t think Clemson is at their ceiling any more but they're still very good. They’ll be a top ten team for the foreseeable future. It’s hard to keep landing generational qb’s lol.
Klubenik maybe next up

Advertisement
9-3 seems like the most probable outcome. We’re underdogs (and should be) @ A&M and Clemson, but they’re definitely winnable games. If their offenses are as anemic and lackluster as last year, I can see us winning one of those games.

The big holdup for me is that I just don’t trust this team to beat all of the teams we’re supposed to beat. I can see us slipping up against inferior opponents once or twice this season.

Listen man

You say a lot of things here and I know you really mean them, and you seem like a good enough kid

But you just don’t know what you’re talking about

So forgive me if I don’t give you a thought out response
Their roster is not on Bama level. That hasn't feelings on it and no need for condescension. It's simple enough to look it up like I did. I digress though, it's 2018 Clemson. Btw for context the Bama spread last season was basically 3 TDs. You basically saying Clemson is 3 TDs better than us.

What makes Clemson so good is that they have a culture now set in stone. They know what they want and they’re not going to differ from it, you’re either in or out. They still get **** good players and they develop them as well. I don’t see that going anywhere especially with the amount of money that gets funneled through their church.
What makes them is good is that they have good players. They still have good players but their recruiting will start getting cut into bc Dabo isn’t into NIL. They will be human shortly.

Advertisement
Back