The ATM (8/4)

View as article
I compared the situations. An upperclassman that struggled passing the ball going into the new season with a young, highly rated qb coming in to push him. It’s a complete team minus the question at qb.

I hear you and agree it’s very similar. Just saying people reading this shouldn’t assume it’ll play out the same way. It’s DJ’s job right now and I wouldn’t be shocked if he holds onto the job all year. I don’t think anyone was saying that in the fall of 2018.

Advertisement
Cway is my guy but in one breath he’s defending DJ for not being washed yet , even though his on field play was atrocious. On top of that he graded out awful. Then rips our Ol as terrible , yet they improved dramatically on field and analytically the second half of the year. While playing in the same conference.

This is the lunacy I‘m always talking about lol.

Last edited:
I hear you and agree it’s very similar. Just saying people reading this shouldn’t assume it’ll play out the same way. It’s DJ’s job right now and I wouldn’t be shocked if he holds onto the job all year. I don’t think anyone was saying that in the fall of 2018.
DJ will hold onto to the job as long as they’re winning, even if he’s being mediocre. I don’t think they want to play Klubnik early but after a loss I could see it.

DJ will hold onto to the job as long as they’re winning, even if he’s being mediocre. I don’t think they want to play Klubnik early but after a loss I could see it.

Yeah for sure, he’s not getting benched if they’re winning.

Their schedule is a joke, too. They have one game in their first 8 that they even have a chance of losing. But if they do lose that one, home vs NC State, and DJ plays poorly and has been poor for the first few games, they could turn to Cade. But they’ll be double-digit favorites in at least 7 of their first 8 games.

Advertisement
Cway is my guy but in one breath he’s defending DJ for not being washed yet , even though his on field play was atrocious. On top of that he graded out awful. Then rips our Ol as terrible , yet they improved dramatically on field and analytically the second half of the year. While playing in the same conference.

Whoa Crib you ain't gone throw me under the bus like that Playa. DJ gets a larger margin of error based off being the alleged #1 QB once upon a time. His freshmen year he looked like he was "next". Hence all the Dr. Pepper money etc. I'm just saying as a fan I'm not ready to say he can't play.

I think you read too much into my post. I think OL improved for more than just one reason. Getting Gaynor tf outta there was probably the biggest. I was just adding that another piece of the puzzle was going from playing MSU and BAMA to Duke and GT. We saw briefly when they went against quality DE with NC ST and FSU we still got mauled.

Last edited:
Whoa Crib you ain't gone throw me under the bus like that Playa. DJ gets a larger margin of era based off being the alleged #1 QB once upon a time. His freshmen year he looked like he was "next". Hence all the Dr. Pepper money etc. I'm just saying as a fan I'm not ready to say he can't play.

I think you read too much into my post. I think OL improved for more than just one reason. Getting Gaynor tf outta there was probably the biggest. I was just adding that another piece of the puzzle was going from playing MSU and BAMA to Duke and GT. We saw briefly when they went against quality DE with NC ST and FSU we still got mauled.
How dare I go off film and analytics versus ranking out of HS. Maybe i‘m the lunatic. Btw you dove out in front of the bus, I didn’t need to throw you.

Last edited:
Sucks is just not factual. The Ol improved dramatically the second half of the season. Especially pass blocking and the grades showed that. Run blocking was the issue. Adding Mario and Mirabal automatically improves that department.
I think it does improve that but does it improve that against the Clemson's is what I doubt.

Advertisement
How dare me go off film and analytics versus ranking out of HS. Maybe i‘m the lunatic. Btw you dove out in front of the bus, I didn’t need to throw you.
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Advertisement
9-3 with losses to Clemson, atm and a conference foe gets you the coastal imo
...if that conference foe is not Pitt.
They play UL and Syracuse. IF they beat us, I don't see them going 4-3 in their other ACC games.

9-3 is the floor
Cut back in stupid penalties that’s 50 plus yards a game
I expect a huge turn around on defense
Like dno to manny
Maybe even more bc manny is a ga compared to Steele
And as long as gattis builds around tvd the offense will be good enough
Special teams were straight
Have a sneaking suspicion we are going to see a drastic reduction in stupid penalties…

Advertisement

Clemson stopped churring out great skill position players right when their generational QB's left. DJ was a bottom 3 ACC QB last year that got carried by talent everywhere else on the roster, specifically a playoff caliber defense. I'm expecting more of the same this year.

...if that conference foe is not Pitt.
They play UL and Syracuse. IF they beat us, I don't see them going 4-3 in their other ACC games.

I can't imagine Pitt does well enough to win the coastal. They lost too many pieces (their two best players on offense along with their OC).

Clemson stopped churring out great skill position players right when their generational QB's left. DJ was a bottom 3 ACC QB last year that got carried by talent everywhere else on the roster, specifically a playoff caliber defense. I'm expecting more of the same this year.
If they were healthy last year you’d likely change your opinion. Losing Ross alone was enormous. Then mix matching the ol and Shipley being out. With all those injuries they still won ten games. I think people are wishing and hoping they aren’t Clemson anymore versus actual reality.

Advertisement
Back