The ATM (7/24)

View as article
Advertisement
Both sides have points. Hopefully we are getting past the days of being so second-tier in recruits minds that we have to tip-toe anytime we have traction with local stars. Jeremiah Smith is good enough to tell tOSU to kick rocks if they want to strong arm him about attending a bbq in his backyard. In years past, he might not go bc the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.. Hopefully that's being rectified. Not there yet. Winning is a must.

Advertisement
I 100% believe, it’s a dirty game. My point is that we aren’t special in this situation. If D$’s vague post ***** it all up for us, we have way bigger problems. Are you suggesting that Miami writers are more likely to leak confidential info? I don’t believe that but I don’t have that data available so maybe? Is that what we are saying?
We can’t afford to lose visits like some of the other programs who have money and a better track record. Kids are taking less money to commit to Ohio State over Miami. In the interim, we need the visits for momentum, optics and the recruiting opportunities. It doesn’t matter the issues other programs of higher esteem have nor lower tier programs. All that matters is overcoming our own challenges.

Similarly, I don’t care if other teams’ writers are more or less likely to release info. Miami writers have released info they shouldn’t have previously. Additionally, we have seen writers burn UM in instances where I do not believe that a Bama or Ole Miss writer would if we’re venturing into that topic too.

We can’t afford to lose visits like some of the other programs who have money and a better track record. Kids are taking less money to commit to Ohio State over Miami. In the interim, we need the visits for momentum, optics and the recruiting opportunities. It doesn’t matter the issues other programs of higher esteem have nor lower tier programs. All that matters is overcoming our own challenges.

Similarly, I don’t care if other teams’ writers are more or less likely to release info. Miami writers have released info they shouldn’t have previously. Additionally, we have seen writers burn UM in instances where I do not believe that a Bama or Ole Miss writer would if we’re venturing into that topic too.
That’s sound reasoning when dealing with the likes of Taint and the elites. I just don’t think it applies to the likes of UF and FSU who suck just like we do.

Advertisement
He's on leak watch.
Excuse Me What GIF

I don’t care if other teams’ writers are more or less likely to release info. Miami writers have released info they shouldn’t have previously. Additionally, we have seen writers burn UM in instances where I do not believe that a Bama or Ole Miss writer would if we’re venturing into that topic too.
Miami writers don't have the teams best interest in mind like an SEC program would. Those are small town fans (often alumni) though. Miami's are people trying to make a name at any cost (LeBatard).

My complaint isn't recruiting nearly as much as in-house. Some stuff should remain private.

Stealing a kids commitment spotlight is just amateur all around. No place for it.

Advertisement
I agreed at first, then thought about it some more and I think a lot of these recruits love the social media buzz.
I get what you are saying, but they don't tend to like when people leak what they are going to do. If you tag a kid saying "come here" or whatever, they likely like that attention but I just can't see them liking stuff being leaked.

I agree that we’re not on the level of those teams and have more to fear relating to the ultimate commitment. I don’t know that UiF hasn’t paid to keep recruits away from the events of more successful programs and to come to their events. I’d guess that they have and that a lean to one of those schools likely going there anyhow will take an interim bag to go to a UiF event in lieu of others. Some recruits are getting paid for visits.

How much of it is related to SFL handlers?

Advertisement
Not buying the secret major name hype. Kids these days are so open about their visits (via social media) even when they are committed to another school. Wake me up when someone puts a name on a body.

We've had this conversation dozens of times already. Why is this thread such a magnet for people who can't comprehend the big picture?

It is not some PERMANENT secret. We are keeping identities secret for now, at least until they arrive in Coral Gables, because we have had situations in prior years where other schools pay recruits not to come to Miami's event, or to go to another school's event instead.

This isn't "hype". This is just a natural defense against the games that certain other schools play.

The thread is full of unfamiliar log-in names who are fishing for names of recruits. FIGURE IT OUT, people.

Advertisement
Back