The ATM (7/24)

View as article
Some late-night withdrawals of recruiting news:

- Expect several elite players on campus this weekend, including at least one major name that is being kept quiet.

- Miami continues to evaluate CB Jaylen Heyward (Rockledge). He is expected on campus at some point this weekend.

- OL Eddy Pierre-Louis (Tampa) is another blue-chipper that is expected on campus this weekend. Communication continues to pick up there.

- Despite recent reports linking them to other schools, Miami remains very confident in S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade) and LB Chris Cole (Salem, VA).

- Miami is working on several committed prospects, including a couple that are not on the radar of Canes fans. One is a flip candidate sooner than later.

- OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle) is a Miami/TAMU battle.
Wow on the Ahfua news!!!! Figured we were right in the mix but being a head to head with A&M is the surprising part. I thought for certain it would be a stay closer to home (Oregon/UW/Utah vs Miami battle)

Also, YES on the Cole and Patterson news!!! Give me both of those dogs!!!

Would love if Heyward passes whatever test he’s being put to. Adding him to the secondary along with Z. Patterson is ELITE!

Lastly, this weekend, would LOVE if J. Smith, Stone, Stewart, or Breland showed up or better yet, if they ALL showed up.

LFG, big weekend ahead boys

Advertisement
One day I hope we get back to the point where we don't have to operate in stealth or in fear of other programs finding out players are secretly visiting. Of course that takes some winning, and consistency. Most, if not all big dogs don't have this issue. Like we're really supposed to be scared of a program like UF finding out about our list of visitors? Miss me with that.

For now, if things need to be kept quiet, then keep them quiet.

It’s not that we’re scared or fearful there is a reason these programs don’t want recruits visiting Miami so they drop bags.

Ask yourself why would the “big dogs” drop bags to keep them from coming here to visit and it’s not just our program there’s others they play keep away from.

It’s best to keep everything quiet and close to the vest

It’s not that we’re scared or fearful there is a reason these programs don’t want recruits visiting Miami so they drop bags.

Ask yourself why would the “big dogs” drop bags to keep them from coming here to visit and it’s not just our program there’s others they play keep away from.

It’s best to keep everything quiet and close to the vest
And so the bags off-set whatever Miami can offer both monetarily and from a football perspective?

Then that fits the definition of being fearful or concerned about others in one way or another.

Advertisement
And so the bags off-set whatever Miami can offer both monetarily and from a football perspective?

Then that fits the definition of being fearful or concerned about others in one way or another.
It’s fear, paranoia and a splash of narcissism. This idea that we are not only the center of the universe but also up against forces no one else is.

UF boards are melting because it’s seem as if Napier has shifted his focus to 2025. They got word that Xavier Mincey will be coming down to Miami this weekend.
I don’t remember if Mincey was one of them, but multiple players on that Mainland basketball team had mini meltdowns (mentally, attitude wise) during the state championship game. ****, looked like the coaches lost their cool, too.

1690288906354.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not buying the secret major name hype. Kids these days are so open about their visits (via social media) even when they are committed to another school. Wake me up when someone puts a name on a body.
it depends.... if it is one of those super secret visitors where there is never any info on who it is then I agree its hard to gauge. However if it is only keeping the name quiet until plans are booked and he is on campus then that is different.

Wow, so must be some good tears then. And how can he shift focus to '25, u gotta recruit even the committed kids till signing day
That’s what I was thinking, but I believe it’s their cookout that they’re focusing on 2025 class. But again, that’s what the UF folks going in on about. Also hearing that they’re looking hard into Artavius Jones with a family connection.

Side note: I’m a UF grad but raised in Miami. I was one of the video Coordinators for Urban during my days. A few of the people I worked with is still with the program, so some of my info regarding UF is coming from there.

Advertisement
Back