The ATM (7/24)

View as article
Advertisement
More than LeRetard, there was another wannabe female reporter (a Michigan graduate) who was the main “hard-on” at the MH, wanting to destroy the U. I want to say her first name was Linda, but chances are, I’m off on this. Perhaps someone here can correctly ID her. She never, ever had an article positive about our program.

Update: Her name was/is Linda Robertson. Check out the archives for her articles.
Her articles and Bob Rubin was another you could always tell their "slants" in their articles when pertaining to the U. I believe Rubin was gayturd supporter but I am not sure on that.

My favorite writers, as writers and journalists, were always Edwin Pope and Greg Cote, regardless of if I agreed with the article or not. I always appreciated their writing, loved Greg Cote's dumb humor.

More than LeRetard, there was another wannabe female reporter (a Michigan graduate) who was the main “hard-on” at the MH, wanting to destroy the U. I want to say her first name was Linda, but chances are, I’m off on this. Perhaps someone here can correctly ID her. She never, ever had an article positive about our program.

Update: Her name was/is Linda Robertson. Check out the archives for her articles.

Yeah, Linda Robertson was terrible. Big gawky giraffe-woman.

Advertisement
Her articles and Bob Rubin was another you could always tell their "slants" in their articles when pertaining to the U. I believe Rubin was gayturd supporter but I am not sure on that.

My favorite writers, as writers and journalists, were always Edwin Pope and Greg Cote, regardless of if I agreed with the article or not. I always appreciated their writing, loved Greg Cote's dumb humor.

Cote was alright, but I never liked Edwin Pope. If he wasn't talking about horse-racing, he was using some colloquialism from the 1930s and thinking he was being hilarious in the process.

S.L. Price (Sun-Sentinel) was a good writer, but not many people in Dade knew about him.

Michelle Kaufman has always been solid, though she could retire if she wants. I respect the fact that she always made an effort, even though the household had plenty of cash if she wanted to dump the Herald's low salary.

You had to love the "long box" for CDs, you got so much more album artwork...

1690317032625.png

1690313872789.png

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing. Frank Tucker is salivating at the chance to mess up another recruitment.

As an alumnus of Miami, this post concerns me regarding the possibility of becoming a former alumnus. How does that happen?
Sorry to offend but I don't do well with bull 💩. I'm clearly not that guy at that news syndicate. I am a casual view of this forum. But my question is did I say anything that isn't valid?

Sorry to offend but I don't do well with bull 💩. I'm clearly not that guy at that news syndicate. I am a casual view of this forum. But my question is did I say anything that isn't valid?

Yes.

If you claim to read this board (and then not write any articles for The Miami Herald), then you would have observed quite a few threads over the past couple of years that discuss Mario's penchant for secrecy, as well as the many conversations that have described the tactics that other schools use when they find out which recruits we are most seriously pursuing.

So to respond to a DMoney post where he is CLEARLY talking about Miami having multiple "secret" visitors with such a ridiculous question about "hey, guy, do you happen to have a public list of the attendees" is not only unintelligent and tone-deaf on the context, it also begs the question of whether you are a rival fan trying to catfish our less self-aware posters.

Now, I realize that you have made multiple protestations that you are a former UM alumnus, and while that's nice, anyone can make that claim.

The fact remains, Miami has many fans (and several sports "journalists") who are easily egged into divulging information they were asked not to disclose, simply to look like well-connected bigshots with "inside information".

So here's a thought. Maybe...just maybe...in a thread that started out with multiple bullet points on secret visitors...you don't loudly shout out "hey, can I get all the names?" like a rube.

As for your oversensitivity, grow up. I don't care if you do well with bull**** or not. But freaking out over a joke is probably not the best response.

Last edited:
Yes.

If you claim to read this board (and then not write any articles for The Miami Herald), then you would have observed quite a few threads over the past couple of years that discuss Mario's penchant for secrecy, as well as the many conversations that have described the tactics that other schools use when they find out which recruits we are most seriously pursuing.

So to respond to a DMoney post where he is CLEARLY talking about Miami having multiple "secret" visitors with such a ridiculous question about "hey, guy, do you happen to have a public list of the attendees" is not only unintelligent and tone-deaf on the context, it also begs the question of whether you rival fan trying to catfish our less self-aware posters.

Now, I realize that you have made multiple protestations that you are a former UM alumnus, and while that's nice, anyone can make that claim.

The fact remains, Miami has many fans (and several sports "journalists") who are easily egged into divulging information they were asked not to disclose, simply to look like well-connected bigshots with "inside information".

So here's a thought. Maybe...just maybe...in a thread that started out with multiple bullet points on secret visitors...you don't loudly shout out "hey, can I get all the names?" like a rube.

As for your oversensitivity, grow up. I don't care if you do well with bull**** or not. But freaking out over a joke is probably not the best response.
I'm convinced now...that dude is Barry Jackson .

Advertisement
Yes.

So to respond to a DMoney post where he is CLEARLY talking about Miami having multiple "secret" visitors with such a ridiculous question about "hey, guy, do you happen to have a public list of the attendees" is not only unintelligent and tone-deaf on the context, it also begs the question of whether you rival fan trying to catfish our less self-aware posters.

Hey go play in traffic. You will be doing the world a service.

Advertisement
Yes.

So to respond to a DMoney post where he is CLEARLY talking about Miami having multiple "secret" visitors with such a ridiculous question about "hey, guy, do you happen to have a public list of the attendees" is not only unintelligent and tone-deaf on the context, it also begs the question of whether you are a rival fan trying to catfish our less self-aware posters.

Slapdick city

Advertisement

Rubin’s articles were less than anything special. I never had to guess his articles’ bottom line - I always seemed to know it. He just seemed to do enough to collect his paycheck, a one-dimensional take on the Dolphins/Don Shula. Pope was a wizard, and Cote really put in his work, you could tell.

Advertisement
Back