The ATM (5/28)

Advertisement
Gilmore’s comp on 247

95168B7C-C4B6-4A46-8DEF-F7753C34CE2E.png

Advertisement
D$ no one brought it up in here but Is there any news on Jo Jo Trader……

Things feel super cryptic here with JoJo and Smith.

Like, the insiders seem to be unwilling to respond to Trader questions. Radio silence. And they also cryptically seem to try to drop little crumbs to keep the Smith stuff on life support, like D$ today.

I smell lasagna.

Like, the insiders seem to be unwilling to respond to Trader questions. Radio silence. And they also cryptically seem to try to drop little crumbs to keep the Smith stuff on life support, like D$ today.

I smell lasagna.

I only asked cause it seemed no one else had asked the question so I assumed someone had to be interested in what was going on with him…😜

The Russell take reminds me of the Haye take. Decent player, good kid, most importantly THE SCHOOL. Continues the established pipeline with Colombus just as Haye “did” with Chamimade. Btw, I don’t like that approach. But it is what it is.
IIRC Wasn’t there some friction with Chaminade after Haye and Thad didn’t work out here?

Advertisement

I smell lasagna.

Not sure that’s lasagna you smell… Jo Jo Trader level recruits may want to see us play productive offensive football this fall before buying that they’ll be the next great Miami WR…

I smell lasagna.
History says we aren't getting either of those guys.

Advertisement
The Bank is closed on holiday weekends, but the ATM is open. Here are some quick hitters as we approach the biggest recruiting month in years:

- The story with the Daylen Russell commit is simple. He is a highly productive, high academic kid from a school that is very important to this staff and the program as a whole. We are building a foundation of high-character local kids to support the blue chippers. Russell has always been a target (I personally saw him on our board back in February) and his commitment is completely independent of our pursuit of big-ticket defensive linemen. We have a long list of "Plus Ones" that we are taking independent of numbers and will recruit vigorously. This list includes Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago), Justin Scott (Chicago), David Stone (IMG), Artavius Jones (Panhandle), LJ McCray (Dayton Beach), Jericho Johnson (San Francisco), Dylan Stewart (DC) and Jordan Thomas (Bergen County, NJ). Miami is heavily in pursuit of all of those guys and has serious traction with several of them. June will be one of the biggest months in Miami recruiting history.

- One name that Miami loves who is not talked about enough is DL Wyatt Gilmore (Minneapolis). Gilmore fits the profile of guys who go in the first round every year- multisport, two-way Midwest kid with a high motor and outstanding measurables (6'4, 4.75 and 35 vertical).

- Miami remains firmly in the CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) sweepstakes. That smoke is real but there is a long way to go.

- While there is a lot of talk about defensive players, we remain on the hunt for several big-time offensive players. Some names that were mentioned to me- RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), WR Tank Hawkins (IMG), WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade), TE Caleb Odom (Atlanta) and WR Ryan Wingo (St. Louis).

- Miami really likes recent JUCO offer CB Demetrius Freeney. He is eligible to play this year and is a HS QB with offers and a qualifying score out of school. Good size (6'1, 185), good speed (11.00 100M) and the athleticism from playing offense his whole career. Miami's staff has significant ties with his head coach and he will visit next week.

- It looks like all of our 2023 signees are on track to qualify. This is big news, especially since there were some transcript issues with Frankie TInilau.
Another one. Thank you for the information.

IIRC Wasn’t there some friction with Chaminade after Haye and Thad didn’t work out here?
Some people get mad with you for things the kids control we didn’t sit haye he sat himself with his play in practice and scrimmagesI assume

Thad Franklin wasn’t swift enough. I liked Thad but he wasn’t a burner and our line wasn’t good enough for his slow cuts.

Their failures shouldn’t be our fault soley look at K4 the kid keeps working and trying to help the team even if it’s not as a starter. He’s a good player to have and will give you everything he has. I like Chaminade a lot I hope they don’t turn their players against us we need them to help us land Smith and Trader.

Last edited:
Some people get mad with you for things the kids control we didn’t sit haye he sat himself with his play in practice and scrimmages I assume and Franklin wasn’t swift enough. I liked Thad but he wasn’t a burner and our line wasn’t good enough for his slow cuts.
Think Thad issues also were lack of discipline and maintaining an ideal playing weight

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back