The ATM (5/28)

View as article
Agreed.

Mario is just different in that regard. I remember last year when Acheampong committed to Michigan and some folks were like whelp the momentum is done now. We saw how that ended

Yep. Can't give up because some message board hot-take artists want to make rock-hard predictions in May.

Advertisement
Man, erase everything you think you know about "history" because its a new paradigm. This isn't the Larry/Al/Shannon/Manny "cheapskate Blake AD and admin" program we're used to. Mario came in and took our transition class from like 77th to 15th or whatever in weeks. Then he landed a top 7 recruiting class AND a top 7 portal class all while dealing with shedding the dysfunction, reputation, and negativity that's been hanging around our necks for 15+ years. And he pulled all those kids while missing on a few major hires, having massive injuries, and underperforming in year one (all on him of course).

We're not going to win all our battles, and Mario certainly isn't perfect, but lordie, that man can recruit. There will be speedbumps, but never say something is impossible with him. Especially if Shannon and TVD start to light it up in 95 days or whatever. Enjoy the process, enjoy the ride.
I’d wager elite QBs and WRs will seriously consider Miami if the offense hopefully improves with TVD and the existing WR room putting up numbers and wins. Mario is going have to show results. It may still be difficult to get that first elite WR, but maybe the local 4* kid committed will be that guy.

If you were an elite QB/WR with offers from USC-OSU-Bama-UGA-etc would you consider Miami? Unless Miami is your dream school and you’re a local kid wanting to stay close to family and home, probably not. And even then, perhaps not.

That said, I do believe the coaching changes have been positive and Mario is on the right path.

What’s the odds - percentage-wise - in your opinion, that either Jeremiah Smith or Jo Jo Trader commits to UM before the 1st snap of game 1 this upcoming season?
Before the season,
time house GIF

During and after the season
Austin Powers Beyonce GIF by IFC

Advertisement
Yeah, my question is if it’s a pipeline school then why not McGahee and Capers??? Is this kid just such a great guy?

I can speak a little on McGahee. I went to see him and the Washington twins play against Vero Beach last season. I also watched IMG play St Frances along with Chaminade against Dillard so I was able to watch some high level DL play last season. David Stone and Armondo Blount were head and shoulders above any other DL I watched. I didn't even know who Blount was at the time since he was a sophomore but he stood out even against Chaminade. Back to McGahee, he was hardly noticeable and since he is Willis' boy (and mama is a MILF) I paid attention to him. Guys like Jay Jackson and Jayden Wayne did much more in their games. All McGahee did was rush the passer with little success. He pretty much disappeared in the run game. Maybe it was just a bad game. IDK but he didn't look like a take or a P5 player that night. Maybe he does more at Columbus.

I can speak a little on McGahee. I went to see him and the Washington twins play against Vero Beach last season. I also watched IMG play St Frances along with Chaminade against Dillard so I was able to watch some high level DL play last season. David Stone and Armondo Blount were head and shoulders above any other DL I watched. I didn't even know who Blount was at the time since he was a sophomore but he stood out even against Chaminade. Back to McGahee, he was hardly noticeable and since he is Willis' boy (and mama is a MILF) I paid attention to him. Guys like Jay Jackson and Jayden Wayne did much more in their games. All McGahee did was rush the passer with little success. He pretty much disappeared in the run game. Maybe it was just a bad game. IDK but he didn't look like a take or a P5 player that night. Maybe he does more at Columbus.
Thank you for helping me understand

Advertisement
Ya I asked about Cunningham earlier in the thread and didn't get a response.

I just figured the kid is a lock with the move to Central and how highly he's spoken about UM.
He was already having miami at top of his list before he went to central, now I just feel like it's only a matter of time

- Miami really likes recent JUCO offer CB Demetrius Freeney. He is eligible to play this year and is a HS QB with offers and a qualifying score out of school. Good size (6'1, 185), good speed (11.00 100M) and the athleticism from playing offense his whole career. Miami's staff has significant ties with his head coach and he will visit next week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back