The ATM (5/28)

Just not impressive on tape imo…Heavily overrated by services. With his size he likely would have to play LB at UM and maybe they worry about him in space.
Thanks. I’m not familiar with him and that explains it because on the surface alone it makes no sense but what you’re saying does fill out the picture.

Advertisement
Re: Capers, Russell was more productive and had much, much better reports. Don’t know on McGahee.

Reports in what sense?

Do we have any verifiable height, weight, etc?

Lastly, more productive at the high school level doesn't always mean they'll be more productive in college. We all know that, lots of recruiting is based on projection. Will this kid translate to this level?

Thanks. I’m not familiar with him and that explains it because on the surface alone it makes no sense but what you’re saying does fill out the picture.

Ya not that I'm in love with Russell's tape or anything, but Mcgahee is basically a similar prospect from a talent/tweener standpoint (although tweeter at different position)

Hate to ask an off-topic question (and didn't want to start a new thread), when do fall practices begin?

@DMoney Any insight on Tennessee Volunteers defensive tackle Da'Jon Terry.

Thanks a head of time for any response to my question.

Signed,

Peruche

1685295758144.png

Advertisement
@DMoney

Cool Cool Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

But, uh, any rough idea what Russell’s height/weight is? Any info from the staff? This kid is such a mystery. And I kinda love it…..will be one to follow closely.

I think one takeawy here is that we have to let go of the Capers dream. He might fit on body type alone, but I've seen various posts that say he is NOT interested in Miami very much AND he doesn't seem to have the best reports from our coaches and/or his coaches.

On the other hand, you know how I feel about McGahee, I'd love to see us take him.

I'm not freaking out. Yet. Let's see how these 3-stars do during their senior seasons.

Advertisement
The Bank is closed on holiday weekends, but the ATM is open. Here are some quick hitters as we approach the biggest recruiting month in years:

- The story with the Daylen Russell commit is simple. He is a highly productive, high academic kid from a school that is very important to this staff and the program as a whole. We are building a foundation of high-character local kids to support the blue chippers. Russell has always been a target (I personally saw him on our board back in February) and his commitment is completely independent of our pursuit of big-ticket defensive linemen. We have a long list of "Plus Ones" that we are taking independent of numbers and will recruit vigorously. This list includes Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago), Justin Scott (Chicago), David Stone (IMG), Artavius Jones (Panhandle), LJ McCray (Dayton Beach), Jericho Johnson (San Francisco), Dylan Stewart (DC) and Jordan Thomas (Bergen County, NJ). Miami is heavily in pursuit of all of those guys and has serious traction with several of them. June will be one of the biggest months in Miami recruiting history.

- One name that Miami loves who is not talked about enough is DL Wyatt Gilmore (Minneapolis). Gilmore fits the profile of guys who go in the first round every year- multisport Midwest kid with a high motor and outstanding measurables (6'6, 4.75 and 35 vertical).

- Miami remains firmly in the CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) sweepstakes. That smoke is real but there is a long way to go.

- While there is a lot of talk about defensive players, we remain on the hunt for several big-time offensive players. Some names that were mentioned to me- RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), WR Tank Hawkins (IMG), WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade), TE Caleb Odom (Atlanta) and WR Ryan Wingo (St. Louis).

- Miami really likes recent JUCO offer CB Demetrius Freeney. He is eligible to play this year and is a HS QB with offers and a qualifying score out of school. Good size (6'1, 185), good speed (11.00 100M) and the athleticism from playing offense his whole career. Miami's staff has significant ties with his head coach and he will visit next week.

- It looks like all of our 2023 signees are on track to qualify. This is big news, especially since there were some transcript issues with Frankie TInilau.
Any thoughts on Trader?

Advertisement
The Bank is closed on holiday weekends, but the ATM is open. Here are some quick hitters as we approach the biggest recruiting month in years:

- The story with the Daylen Russell commit is simple. He is a highly productive, high academic kid from a school that is very important to this staff and the program as a whole. We are building a foundation of high-character local kids to support the blue chippers. Russell has always been a target (I personally saw him on our board back in February) and his commitment is completely independent of our pursuit of big-ticket defensive linemen. We have a long list of "Plus Ones" that we are taking independent of numbers and will recruit vigorously. This list includes Marquise Lightfoot (Chicago), Justin Scott (Chicago), David Stone (IMG), Artavius Jones (Panhandle), LJ McCray (Dayton Beach), Jericho Johnson (San Francisco), Dylan Stewart (DC) and Jordan Thomas (Bergen County, NJ). Miami is heavily in pursuit of all of those guys and has serious traction with several of them. June will be one of the biggest months in Miami recruiting history.

- One name that Miami loves who is not talked about enough is DL Wyatt Gilmore (Minneapolis). Gilmore fits the profile of guys who go in the first round every year- multisport Midwest kid with a high motor and outstanding measurables (6'6, 4.75 and 35 vertical).

- Miami remains firmly in the CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) sweepstakes. That smoke is real but there is a long way to go.

- While there is a lot of talk about defensive players, we remain on the hunt for several big-time offensive players. Some names that were mentioned to me- RB Kevin Riley (Tuscaloosa), WR Tank Hawkins (IMG), WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade), TE Caleb Odom (Atlanta) and WR Ryan Wingo (St. Louis).

- Miami really likes recent JUCO offer CB Demetrius Freeney. He is eligible to play this year and is a HS QB with offers and a qualifying score out of school. Good size (6'1, 185), good speed (11.00 100M) and the athleticism from playing offense his whole career. Miami's staff has significant ties with his head coach and he will visit next week.

- It looks like all of our 2023 signees are on track to qualify. This is big news, especially since there were some transcript issues with Frankie TInilau.
Thanks for the deposit @DMoney Awesome lists; but I noticed that you left out Jo Jo Trader. I sincerely hope that we are still in this for kid???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back