The ATM (10/17)

View as article
Ellis Robinson coming is nice

@Confidence1000 make him hit the button multiple times

Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Leroy Jackson tape is solid:

D'Nas White tape:

D'Nas is a little lumbering from one play to the next, BUT very, very big dude with LONG arms.

What do you all think?

Leroy Jackson me all day…I think this kid is a sleeper…Committing 11/3 though so I hope we aren't late to the party.

Wouldn't tell White no…Just may be a better fit at OG or as a true Zero Tech. But with our misses and the fact we do need 2-3 out of 8-9 rostered DT to be big, run stoppers I would take him.

Leroy Jackson tape is solid:

D'Nas White tape:

D'Nas is a little lumbering from one play to the next, BUT very, very big dude with LONG arms.

What do you all think?

Looks good in his stance and actually plays lower than i expected based on his height. Has decent burst off the snap in most of the clips but definitely lazy on some of them too.

Several plays in his highlights of him playing too high but holding a gap and making an arm tackle. Also, not a ton of knocking guys down and burying RBs/QBs or even the smaller OL. Takes on a lot of double teams but lots of drag down tackles. Weird for someone that large. Was gonna make the Jordan Davis comp being that size from Charlotte and a 3 star but his tape was totally different. He was knocking guys back and crushing RBs/QBs and pancaking dudes.

Advertisement
I thought this Bank would be announcing who's flipped away already - That's next week then, right?

Advertisement
Every big recruit we landed last year minus pancake was either from South Florida, Img , Florida or originally from Florida like Popo who was also Cuban. We’re doing the exact same thing as last year minus Florida / SFla isn’t nearly as loaded. The money is there. So this narrative is just false.
That makes it worse, means we can’t even buy them

Some quick hits:

- Miami still feels they are right in it for DT LJ McCray (Daytona Beach). While there is FSU buzz, they actually feel their biggest competition is Georgia. DT recruiting has been a struggle, so their instincts may be off. But, as chronicled in the Bank, they correctly dismissed the Zaquan-to-FSU smoke and always pegged Oregon as the real threat for Breland despite Georgia buzz.

- New big body name to keep an eye on 6’4, 330 DT D’Nas White (Charlotte, NC).

- Miami continues to make progress with RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). He has an upcoming visit to Ohio State, but if he gets through that without anything unusual he becomes a major flip candidate.

- Elite CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) will be in Miami this weekend.

Update 10/18

- I continue to like where Miami is trending with OT Markel Bell (JUCO), CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage).

- Another name to monitor at DT- Leroy Jackson (Leesburg, GA).
The bank running out of money

I'll keep saying it - if Mario can't recruit at an elite level (top 5 classes annually, at worst top 10), then he offers us ZERO discernable advantage.
we didnt get a top 5 class last year. I dont believe he had one at Oregon. idk if it's reasonable to expect that. top 10 is what im okay with bc I know Mario will identify talent where others dont at certain positions (OL).

we didnt get a top 5 class last year. I dont believe he had one at Oregon. idk if it's reasonable to expect that. top 10 is what im okay with bc I know Mario will identify talent where others dont at certain positions (OL).
Rankings can sometimes be a bit misleading. I'd rather have a class ranked 13th with monsters at DT, elite DB's, and a solid QB than one ranked 8th with JAG's at those spots. We are currently recruiting those aforementioned spots at a G5 level.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back