The ATM (10/17)

View as article
Advertisement
Mario wasn’t getting 5* DTs at Oregon so he wasn’t going to get them here.

Mario can sell. it's a bit harder now w NIL as talent can be spread out more but Mario will still get his and **** ensure recruiting mistakes get corrected (WR recruiting has been stellar after trash last year). Im sure **** fix DT recruiting next year bc I dont think he goes another year (its been 2 years of poor DT recruiting) allowing this. its his one area outside of OL development where I think he can't be questioned. now if you expect top 5 classes, I dont see it happening consistently here.

Oregon was 13th, 7th, 12th, 6th in the years I guess were Marios?

thats good imo and good for Oregon. I think thats about what we can expect here tbh. top 10 range.
We are in SOUTH FLORIDA not Oregon though....if we remotely have good momentum just a few local guys would have us at those oregon numbers and hsooting towards top 5.

This is why going on a 3 game skid would suck because the momentum was there for the take.

Still have a chance if beating Clemson.

Im good with consistent top 10 if your not leaving glaring holes AND hitting on QBS...because im one that essentially BELIEVES In the portal and especially for trench play. I honestly think we should bring in 2 portal lineman on both sides EVERY CLASS.

We are in SOUTH FLORIDA not Oregon though....if we remotely have good momentum just a few local guys would have us at those oregon numbers and hsooting towards top 5.

This is why going on a 3 game skid would suck because the momentum was there for the take.

Still have a chance if beating Clemson.

Im good with consistent top 10 if your not leaving glaring holes AND hitting on QBS...because im one that essentially BELIEVES In the portal and especially for trench play. I honestly think we should bring in 2 portal lineman on both sides EVERY CLASS.

agreed. i think top 10 is fine esp since regardless of rankings, the classes itself are good and if there is a weakness, its generally fixed the following year aside from this retention of a certain assistant coach

Advertisement
1697642153571.png

stupid noles are so confident they’re getting LJ… the tears over him coming here would have been glorious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Idk if Im in the minority or not, but I think Ellis is a better football player than Jj & if I had to pick one (very likely we get neither) I’d choose Robinson.

Some quick hits:

- Miami still feels they are right in it for DT LJ McCray (Daytona Beach). While there is FSU buzz, they actually feel their biggest competition is Georgia. DT recruiting has been a struggle, so their instincts may be off. But, as chronicled in the Bank, they correctly dismissed the Zaquan-to-FSU smoke and always pegged Oregon as the real threat for Breland despite Georgia buzz.

- New big body name to keep an eye on 6’4, 330 DT D’Nas White (Charlotte, NC).

- Miami continues to make progress with RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). He has an upcoming visit to Ohio State, but if he gets through that without anything unusual he becomes a major flip candidate.

- Elite CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) will be in Miami this weekend.

Update 10/18

- I continue to like where Miami is trending with OT Markel Bell (JUCO), CB Zavier Mincey (Daytona Beach) and CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage).

- Another name to monitor at DT- Leroy Jackson (Leesburg, GA).

Get this one done, Mario! Ellis changes that group for the next 2-3 from liability to potential strength having a true #1 CB FINALLY.

Advertisement
Back