The ATM (10/17)

View as article
Advertisement
Beluga Whale Swimming GIF

With $$$ we could’ve landed some of the whales.
Every big recruit we landed last year minus pancake was either from South Florida, Img , Florida or originally from Florida like Popo who was also Cuban. We’re doing the exact same thing as last year minus Florida / SFla isn’t nearly as loaded. The money is there. So this narrative is just false.

Advertisement
Smith was never coming. Nothing has changed because of the Tech and UNC games.

Also this was always a 7 to 9 win team. There is a reason vegas has the win total like 7.5

Miami is right where most logical fans thought they would be at this point in the season.
Facts and probably more about the JS thing. Kid like that flirting with us all year using excuses to not come. Had that built in excuse, because they know they can get moving in the offense schematic wise.

The stadium is gonna be empty and we will probably be taking an L. Not being a mope, just my experience.
love how you have to qualify your probably true statements to not upset the softest fan base in the world.

You can get tix on stubhub for $31 (that’s with estimated fees).

Clemson is -184 on the moneyline.

Advertisement
Some quick hits:

- Miami still feels they are right in it for DT LJ McCray (Daytona Beach). While there is FSU buzz, they actually feel their biggest competition is Georgia. DT recruiting has been a struggle, so their instincts may be off. But, as chronicled in the Bank, they correctly dismissed the Zaquan-to-FSU smoke and always pegged Oregon as the real threat for Breland despite Georgia buzz.

- New big body name to keep an eye on 6’4, 330 DT D’Nas White (Charlotte, NC).

- Miami continues to make progress with RB Jordan Lyle (St. Thomas). He has an upcoming visit to Ohio State, but if he gets through that without anything unusual he becomes a major flip candidate.

- Elite CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) will be in Miami this weekend
Denzel Washington Black Love GIF by SAG Awards

Every big recruit we landed last year minus pancake was either from South Florida, Img , Florida or originally from Florida like Popo who was also Cuban. We’re doing the exact same thing as last year minus Florida / SFla isn’t nearly as loaded. The money is there. So this narrative is just false.
But the top SF guys like Robinson and Smith are going elsewhere. I just feel like if our offers were crazy good money wise, they’d be staying home

If this continues to be the case, then it’s like Manny/Golden/Shannon all over again. Getting the Yearbys and not the Cooks

Advertisement
love how you have to qualify your probably true statements to not upset the softest fan base in the world.

You can get tix on stubhub for $31 (that’s with estimated fees).

Clemson is -184 on the moneyline.
people think the city cares. outside of the diehards, the canes are becoming an afterthought to an extent locally. the expectations outside of the diehards really aren't there and the average fan doesn't care about recruiting.

Advertisement
Mario recruited well when he was at Rutgers....its his thing...Diaz aint make him really.
Mario can sell. it's a bit harder now w NIL as talent can be spread out more but Mario will still get his and **** ensure recruiting mistakes get corrected (WR recruiting has been stellar after trash last year). Im sure **** fix DT recruiting next year bc I dont think he goes another year (its been 2 years of poor DT recruiting) allowing this. its his one area outside of OL development where I think he can't be questioned. now if you expect top 5 classes, I dont see it happening consistently here.

Oregon was 13th, 7th, 12th, 6th in the years I guess were Marios?

thats good imo and good for Oregon. I think thats about what we can expect here tbh. top 10 range.

Advertisement
Back