The ACC must go nuclear

So explain how you think that FSU can beat Michigan, Washington Alabama or Texas? I’m not talking about beating Louisville who literally just lost to 7-5 Kentucky a week ago. I’m talking about beating one of the four best teams.

FSU will have their shot to prove the committee wrong anyway. If they win their bowl game they can get a UCF championship trophy.
When did the criteria start involving an accurate prediction of which team could beat another team? This is nonsense.

I guess TCU got in last year because the committee believed they could beat Georgia…instead of losing by 50+.

Advertisement
The ACC dosen't have time they're still reviewing the saftey tapes
So explain how you think that FSU can beat Michigan, Washington Alabama or Texas? I’m not talking about beating Louisville who literally just lost to 7-5 Kentucky a week ago. I’m talking about beating one of the four best teams.

FSU will have their shot to prove the committee wrong anyway. If they win their bowl game they can get a UCF championship trophy.
Don't forget the Disney Parade!

As KISS sang, whoah tears are falling

Shouldn't have s*** the bed with his offense in the ACCCG. Even Dawson found a way to put up yards against FSU with a freshman QB. A guy like Norvell should be able to scheme his way to 300 yards. Certainly scheme his way to more than 55 yards passing.

If not for a 75 yard run they would have had 130 yards. I mean 55 passing yards....wtf. The guy is supposed to be an offensive guru.

It’s hilarious watching Miami fans twist into pretzels on here defending the CFP committee’s garbage when Miami has been historically hosed by the college football powers that be at every opportunity over the years.

There’s no way to justify this. None.

There's plenty reason to justify this. We've seen it in other sports, remember Kenyon Martin and the 2000 Cinci Bearcats? They were ranked #1 for **** near the ENTIRE season, KMart breaks his leg in the C-USA Tournament, UC is then a 2 seed. Why? Because everyone with two working eyes saw that UC wasn't a 1 seed quality team without the National Player of the Year candidate. Miami is the ONLY basketball program to have a team win both the regular season and ACC Tournament titles in the same year and NOT be a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament, since the field expanded. No one gave a ****, even though there was no reason for it to not have happened. I know this fanbase is desperate to bask in FSU's glory, but miss me with this crap. FSU had an unfortunate injury and as a result got exposed as a really one dimensional team that struggles to beat mediocre teams.

Advertisement
I definitely get that angle 😂

I mean me personally, I didn’t think they were a top 4 team even with Travis let alone without him

But also gotta acknowledge it’s a terrible look to leave out a team that not only goes undefeated in a supposedly top conference, but also schedules teams like LSU and UiF as their OOC games to help bolster their rep
To me, it’s 100% the Travis injury. It’s got nothing to do with the ACC or their schedule or anything else.

Both GA and OSU should be in ahead of WA, by the committee’s logic. Btw, Michigan lost its best offensive lineman and could barely move the ball on Iowa. FSU’s offense looked better yesterday.This is an embarrassingly explicit statement that the SEC/B10 oligarchs run college football and there’s nothing the ACC can do about it.

Maybe they are. ****, i still think Georgia is better than Bama. I dont think yesterdays game was conclusive. I think Georgia wins that 8-9 out of 10 times.

See how this dumb **** works? Opinions are useless against straight up records. Alabama hasnt been one of the best teams all year, they happened to play their best game against Georgia yesterday. Thats it.

One team played all their games and was undefeated even with 2nd and 3rd string qbs. One team struggled all year with their first string qb against teams like USF and Auburn and Arkansas and A&M. They have a common opponent who fsu beat by a td more (lsu).
Without Travis? Bull****. It is absolutely no more complicated than that.

Advertisement
To me, it’s 100% the Travis injury. It’s got nothing to do with the ACC or their schedule or anything else.
Yep. I said as much I think on the first page

Just saying the optics are weird. But again it’ll never happen again so I don’t really see a point in getting too into the weeds about it

When did the criteria start involving an accurate prediction of which team could beat another team? This is nonsense.

I guess TCU got in last year because the committee believed they could beat Georgia…instead of losing by 50+.
Exactly, it's not about what you can do, it's about what you've already done.

The criteria has ALWAYS been the four best teams. Not the four most deserving teams.

Also TCU beat Michigan so your point is moot. FSU isn’t good enough to beat any of the teams in the top 4 without their quarterback.

How anyone outside of FSU fans could honestly look at all the teams and say “yeah the Seminoles are a top four team without Travis” is questionable.

FSU would be the weakest team in the playoff even with Travis. People want to give Bama **** for winning close games, FSU beat Boston College by two. Needed overtime to come back against Clemson and barely edged Miami with a true freshman backup quarterback.

Advertisement
👆👆👆

Totally missed the point.

Don't bother. Apparently a large part of this fanbase would rather have **** smeared all over their face if it meant FSU got some on their shoe. You can hate on FSU and still understand that the ACC is ****** and we might not have a proper life boat.

Without Travis? Bull****. It is absolutely no more complicated than that.
Are you serious? You think FSU would lose to auburn, arkansas, a&m or usf without Travis? Cause bama almost did, to all 4. Jesus they got a garbage td at the end against usf and still only won by 14.

They are not and have not been one of the best 4 teams all year.

Advertisement
Shouldn't have s*** the bed with his offense in the ACCCG. Even Dawson found a way to put up yards against FSU with a freshman QB. A guy like Norvell should be able to scheme his way to 300 yards. Certainly scheme his way to more than 55 yards passing.

If not for a 75 yard run they would have had 130 yards. I mean 55 passing yards....wtf. The guy is supposed to be an offensive guru.
Goes to show what 4 years of a 6 year QB in the same system means. Look for them to come back to earth next year.

How many got paid off this morning??? You know it happens in these situations.

Yep Ole Nicky delivering new Mercedes all around from his dealership….like Oprah “ You-get a Mercedes You get a Mercedes and Boo your in charge you get a very limited new Mercedes”..

If Penix tore a knee ligament against Oregon, would Washington be in?

The criteria has ALWAYS been the four best teams. Not the four most deserving teams.

Also TCU beat Michigan so your point is moot. FSU isn’t good enough to beat any of the teams in the top 4 without their quarterback.

How anyone outside of FSU fans could honestly look at all the teams and say “yeah the Seminoles are a top four team without Travis” is questionable.

FSU would be the weakest team in the playoff even with Travis. People want to give Bama **** for winning close games, FSU beat Boston College by two. Needed overtime to come back against Clemson and barely edged Miami with a true freshman backup quarterback.
So if Bama doesn’t get a prayer answered against Auburn, you’re still putting them in over FSU? And you think WA is a better team than GA?

Advertisement
Back