The 2015 Arkansas Offense

We had 5 NFL players on our oline in 2013, but they were poorly coached.

We have had some talent but by and large those are outliers. Even when we are crappy and losing South Florida 5 stars we still have RB, WR, and DB who can play with most anyone. That’s what Miami do.

Advertisement
What stats are used for these rankings because his yards per play rankings are better than the ones shown here.

Full Stats with amount of plays run per game as HC at CMich (showing he doesn't run tempo at all)

Total offense (Yards per Play)-- Total plays
2010: 49th (69th)--61st
2011: 57th (38th)--107th
2012: 64th (29th)--98th
2013: 110th (80th)--121st
2014: 70th (53rd)--77th

2015: 29th (12th)
2016: 54th (46th)
2017: 94th (67th)

A huge mediocre burger.

Full Stats with amount of plays run per game as HC at CMich (showing he doesn't run tempo at all)

A huge mediocre burger.
Now I see why @DMoney cherrypicked one season from Enos' entire catalog. The rest of his resume is completely underwhelming.

A huge mediocre burger.
Thanks for the breakdown.

Now I see why @DMoney cherrypicked one season from Enos' entire catalog. The rest of his resume is completely underwhelming.

Mediocre resume and doesn't fit the narrative Manny set at his presser. Modern/attacking offense isn't in his background.

I'll wait until game 1 vs UF but I'm completely baffled by this hire. Maybe Enos has evolved greatly in 1 year but I'm not see this innovative, splash hire Manny was talking about.

Advertisement
1 more point. Central Michigan was 12-2 under Butch Jones, 23rd ranked offense. The next year Enos went 3-9 with the 49th best offense.

The MAC produces good offenses but Enos was never able to do it. Brian Kelly also came from CMich

A huge mediocre burger.

Those total play numbers.....

FffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFffffFffffffffffff

Those total play numbers.....

FffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffFffffFffffffffffff

Yes, that number jumped out at me.

This hire reeks of a Defensive minded HC wanting to ball control his way to victory. Completely opposite of what he said in his presser. I'm hoping Enos has evolved very quickly because his past doesn't suggest quality offensive mind.

Advertisement
Another thing, Enos' best year at Arkansas was his first. As he got more of his guys into that offense the numbers slipped.

Reminds me of a certain former Miami Hurricanes head coach that recently retired.

Saban and Kirby sure dodged a bullet.

2015 is the one year that he had personnel comparable to ours. That's why his success that year is so encouraging. We've seen what happens when you give him talented backs and tight ends. Now we add receivers to the equation, which he hasn't had at either stop.

Yes, that number jumped out at me.

This hire reeks of a Defensive minded HC wanting to ball control his way to victory. Completely opposite of what he said in his presser. I'm hoping Enos has evolved very quickly because his past doesn't suggest quality offensive mind.

Manny’s a politician’s son and a defensive coordinator. He’s also a stat guy, none of the above would be unknown to him. Those play #s are horrendous and do not jive with expectations. It’s hard to come to any conclusion other than the one you came to without a heaping dose of irrational optimism.

2015 is the one year that he had personnel comparable to ours. That's why his success that year is so encouraging. We've seen what happens when you give him talented backs and tight ends. Now we add receivers to the equation, which he hasn't had at either stop.
So the first year he got there he had good talent, but he couldn't maintain the talent level and the offense suffered because of it? Another coach that needs NFL talent to win. What happened to elevating players by putting them in positions to succeed.

And how do you explain his subpar results at Central Michigan? We've seen that school produce top offenses before. Why couldn't he do that CMU?

Advertisement
What happened to elevating players by putting them in positions to succeed.

In his one season under Enos, Brandon Allen improved his quarterback rating by 37 1/2 points (129 to 166.5), saw a 50 percent increase in both passing yards (2,285 to 3,440) and passing touchdowns (20 to 30), and had a nearly 20 percent jump in completion percentage.

In years where he didn't have NFL talent, how do you think his offenses performed? About at the level they should perform? Better? Worse?

In his one season under Enos, Brandon Allen improved his quarterback rating by 37 1/2 points (129 to 166.5), saw a 50 percent increase in both passing yards (2,285 to 3,440) and passing touchdowns (20 to 30), and had a nearly 20 percent jump in completion percentage.
Ok. He had one good offense coordinated. Talk to me about all his other offensive success. Why couldn't he build a successful offense at Central Michigan or sustain a successful one at Arkansas after that one good year?

Seems like 2015 is an outlier in his career.

Advertisement
So at worst we're arkansas and at best we're...lsu? All the cherrypicking of this guys career doesn't really instill confidence.

In years where he didn't have NFL talent, how do you think his offenses performed? About at the level they should perform? Better? Worse?

They were 39th in S&P in 2016, then 43rd in 2017. That's good for a team with some of the worst talent in its conference. The coach that followed him (Chad Morris) installed the Clemson offense and promptly dropped to 97th.

I'm very encouraged by what Enos did at Arkansas. I don't like what he did at CMU. But the most important thing to me is the market. The best teams wanted him. Other coaches (including people I talk to directly) say he's the real deal. The improvement at QB coach alone should make a huge. We go from Jon Richt to a guy handpicked by Saban to develop QB fundamentals.

Advertisement
Back