The 2015 Arkansas Offense

I don’t know jack about this guy. However, our new DC is from LaTech, our OC was a QB coach this year and our HC is a first-timer. This is either going to be an epic and amazing ride or fail miserably and fast.

Advertisement
View attachment 75823
Manny said it best here. This offense will definitely be multiple. "Spread" or "pro style" is way too simplified. Enos clearly aligns philosophically with what Manny is trying to do here, and I have little doubt that we'll see an offense that uses multiple formations and is based on attacking a defense.

I agree..only complete amateurs/neophytes at understanding the game of football, would ever try to defend the argument "Spread/Air Raid offenses ALWAYS trump offenses that are pro-form." Being rigidly attached to a particular offensive philosophy/ideology is never going to yield results that are CONSISTENTLY elite. Nowhere is this more evident than in the NFL, where the greatest offensive minds/teams are those who are dynamic/multiple enough to adapt/tailor their scheme based on their personnel & what the defense is attempting to accomplish. The Chiefs, Rams, Patriots, and Eagles are all prime examples of this. Bringing in a coordinator who is an X's & O's savant, was far more urgent or critical, than simply changing the offensive philosophy/ideology. Because at it's apex, MIA was/is a program that can recruit nationally.

I'd rather get a coach that does more with less. You keep talking about him needing talent. Give me a guy that succeeded everywhere he went. That consistently got better with whatever he was given. Yost, Briles, a Frost-type, a guy like Dino Babers. Guys who succeeded and elevated the players everywhere they went. Not some slapdick who fell into talented players one year and managed to do good with those players for one year. 3/4 of his resume is a sh't pile but I'm supposed to just gloss over that?
Talent is never going to be a problem at Miami.

Give me a guy that develops players and calls plays to put them over the top.

Everything I've seen suggests this is that guy.

Advertisement
Never knew so many people thought that it was having fancy cutting edge schemes that won football games until I started reading this board.

Always knew that it was getting good players and having coaches that can take advantage of the skills those players'.

I'd take having good players over a great scheme anyday.

I dont care how exciting we look moving the sticks as long as we're moving the sticks.

Scoring TDs is what excites me offensively, regardless of how its done

Last edited:
Swag, people I trust tell me he’s the goods. I’m talking coaches who aren’t afraid to crap on frauds.

I get the concerns but I’m trusting the people in the know on this one.

You need to stop trusting who you think is in the know. A few us knew Enos was a poor OC and an even worse fit at Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back