The 2015 Arkansas Offense

Absolutely. We will never have what those two programs have up front. It’s much more realistic to go for a Baylor on steroids approach at Miami. Or an OU model for that matter, who did more than fine against a Bama team many were comparing to 2001 Miami. Big 12 offenses do great against SEC defenses, despite usually having a significant talent disadvantage. That’s what spread tempo offenses are designed to do.

Pair that with a solid defense and you’re cooking - and not just having success, but having EXCITING football teams that kids want to come play for. Productive and fun is one **** of a combination for winning and for fans and recruits.

So Alabama and Georgia are having problems getting kids to be excited about their programs?

Advertisement
Idk who you’re referencing but it ain’t me. We have the same deficiencies that Miami teams usually have. We don’t have talented bigs or good quarterback play. This guy might help with the latter but the former is a pipe dream at UM. Makes no sense to try and be something we aren’t.

Oh, I see. You want a quick fix for 2019. You don't think we can actually recruit better players in the coming years.

Advertisement
Re-read everything I wrote above and try again.

You wrote: Pair that with a solid defense and you’re cooking - and not just having success, but having EXCITING football teams that kids want to come play for. Productive and fun is one **** of a combination for winning and for fans and recruits.

Alabama and Georgia use this offense and play solid defense, and their recruits are excited to come play for them. What did I miss?

Oh, I see. You want a quick fix for 2019. You don't think we can actually recruit better players in the coming years.

Please put me on ignore, best for both of us, if you think It’s a good business decision to bet on Miami consistently landing that kind of talent up front. That’s not what this area of the country does in enough numbers to sustain that model. Play to our strengths, not our weakness.

You wrote: Pair that with a solid defense and you’re cooking - and not just having success, but having EXCITING football teams that kids want to come play for. Productive and fun is one **** of a combination for winning and for fans and recruits.

Alabama and Georgia use this offense and play solid defense, and their recruits are excited to come play for them. What did I miss?

Good Lord.

Advertisement
When he was loaded with NFL talent. That's always the best criteria when judging how good an offensive philosophy is: look at what it can do with enough NFL players across the board!!!

The LT on that offense came from Miami Booker T Washington

You guys are essentially saying that this offense can win national titles, but we don't want the burden of getting elite players, so we should settle for the gimmicks that programs like Baylor have to use in order to compete.

No, we are saying with elite players ANY offense can win titles. That doesn't mean every offense is equal in terms of scheme.

Please put me on ignore, best for both of us, if you think It’s a good business decision to bet on Miami consistently landing that kind of talent up front. That’s not what this area of the country does in enough numbers to sustain that model. Play to our strengths, not our weakness.

Alabama and Georgia figured out that you can actually leave a 30-mile radius to find your linemen. Weird, I know.

Advertisement
Im not convinced at all he will bring the pro-style offense here. Good coaches run their system based on the players, not the other way around. I trust Manny when he said we will run up-tempo and stress the defense. We do not have the lineman nor QB to run a pro-style offense.

Funny how none of the elite programs have shifted to an Art Briles gimmick offense.

You and I watch completely different games on Saturday. I see more and more of the elite teams moving away from what you are talking about, and more towards the "gimmick" offense.

Alabama has 10 OL who aren't from the state of Alabama.

Advertisement
Pro Style U, baby!

That Arkansas offense also had a ******* mammoth OL. Believe its average weight was more than all but two NFL teams at the time.
We have above average potential talent on the O Line currently, just need a coach and a scheme that is worth a chit to transcend that potential to on field results.

You and I watch completely different games on Saturday. I see more and more of the elite teams moving away from what you are talking about, and more towards the "gimmick" offense.

Not Alabama and Georgia, though, who were shockingly in the top 5 at the end of the regular season.

Not Alabama and Georgia, though, who were shockingly in the top 5 at the end of the regular season.

Even Saban has had to bend the knee and go more and more towards motion and modern concepts. He's had to adjust the defense he ideally wants to run in response to these offenses because they are so difficult to stop.

Advertisement
Back