The 2015 Arkansas Offense

He was there 3 seasons and they got worse along the line, kinda like richt. Positive I have seen is he seems to be good with QBs.

Negative is offense that he was head of got worse over years, and he runs more pro style offense while at arky. He was just qb coach at bama (which he did well in his position) but wasnt OC, so wasnt his O. Not really cutting edge and modern.
Which is why his O Line coach hire is so important!

Advertisement
CIS posters would hire Jethro Franklin to run the offense if he promised to implement a "spread".

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be nice to utilize our TE's the way they were utilized in that video.

That and Enos's QB coaching ability are what I like about the hire.

But his system is pro style and we just can;t recruit OL for a pro style O.

I could care less if our O is pro style or spread. Pro Style helps with recruiting sure but either are fine. I care about points and Bama ( and arkansas when they had talent) put up a crap ton of points. This hire is far better then I expected as I thought we would get a guy with some down side but who is good like fedora or Applewhite instead we got the guy Bama was hoping would be there OC. Nuff said really.

I agree. These air raid fanatics act like it’s some get outta jail free card.

Advertisement
he was clearly mandated to coach to a certain style by bielema. manny has said on the record he want something very different than that, so i don't know why people in this thread are harping on enos' "system."

if i had to guess we'll see basically what alabama's offense has turned into -- not a full out air raid style offense, but certainly a "modern" offense by any reasonable definition.

This is HUGE. Harbaugh wanted him desperately last year to help upgrade the offense a year ago. Just look at the Bama offense this year vs last. Look at how he developed Hurts. Hurts could not have done what he did against GA a year ago.
Georgia, bama , and now michigan? of course lol

Advertisement
Yes, we want the guy who has been scheming against Louisiana-Monroe. We don't want the guy that was wanted by the most dominant program in the last decade.

This is such a dumb argument. Even Saban has had to continue to change his offense over the last few years and concede what he ideally wants, doesn't work anymore.

People keep pointing to the SEC and I don't understand why? Saban, Smart, Coach O, Muschamp, etc. these aren't guys that run ideal offensive schemes. Why anybody would want to run what they run, I don't get it. Even if I had the 5* talent that makes it work, I still wouldn't want their scheme. I'd want the 5* talent with the Art Briles scheme. Not Chaney.

This is such a dumb argument. Even Saban has had to continue to change his offense over the last few years and concede what he ideally wants, doesn't work anymore.

People keep pointing to the SEC and I don't understand why? Saban, Smart, Coach O, Muschamp, etc. these aren't guys that run ideal offensive schemes. Why anybody would want to run what they run, I don't get it. Even if I had the 5* talent that makes it work, I still wouldn't want their scheme. I'd want the 5* talent with the Art Briles scheme. Not Chaney.

So you want the scheme run by a bunch of guys who never make the playoffs. You don't want schemes run by Alabama and Georgia.

one other thing i like about this hire is that it's not someone that diaz has worked with personally. to me that shows he's not just hiring from his circle of friends but is instead evaluating a full range of potential candidates. the applewhite rumors concerned me for this reason.

Advertisement
Back