The 2015 Arkansas Offense

Advertisement
DMoney,

You happy overall with the hire?
I think our QB's will be very well coached now and our offense as well.

Manny had to coach against this guy, so he must've fit in the "offenses that make a defense uncomfortable" category. I liked what I saw from Bama last year, and if he's coaching QB's too I'm in. Let's do it.

What UGA and Bama do is totally different so that angle doesn't work. And all that matters is scoring points. Not how it is done.

Yes, all that matters is points. But if we signed a QB with no arms, would you say, "Hey, it doesn't matter, as long as he can lead us to points"?

The entire point here is what SCHEME lends itself to scoring. This isn't 20-20 hindsight. There are thousands and thousands and thousands of posts on this board, with fans all saying what is the SCHEME they want. What is the scheme that best lends itself to scoring. Because all of us see the results of that scheme on a weekly basis every Saturday afternoon.

Nobody wanted this scheme. It's an obstacle to scoring. We might get enough talent to score despite the scheme. And I hope we do. But it's not a scheme that stresses the defense like Diaz was talking about. Diaz described an offensive scheme that everybody on this board has been describing for years. The offensive mirror to Manny's defense. This isn't it.

Advertisement
I think the disappointment stems from the fact that he's not an air raid spread guy, but that's fine. We can still be up tempo in his scheme. Brevin and Mallory will feast. Guy was set to make almost 900 K by 2020 at Bama even if he wasn't promoted to OC.

They don't give nobody's that kinda change.

Advertisement
This is HUGE. Harbaugh wanted him desperately last year to help upgrade the offense a year ago. Just look at the Bama offense this year vs last. Look at how he developed Hurts. Hurts could not have done what he did against GA a year ago.

Yes and yes. Enos was also lead recruiter for Carson Beck, elite 2020 QB from Jacksonville. He camped at Miami.

Gonna put us in a really interesting position if we land Hurts. He may be like Dorsey was that year (no viable option behind him).

Advertisement
Dont like the hire but it is what it is. Thought dIAZ would go with up tempo type of O not Big 10. Martell is not going to come play here if we are running what he did at Arky. Doesnt fit Martell style.

Now maybe Enos is going to run something different but doubt it.

This is HUGE. Harbaugh wanted him desperately last year to help upgrade the offense a year ago. Just look at the Bama offense this year vs last. Look at how he developed Hurts. Hurts could not have done what he did against GA a year ago.

I love that people keep saying these coaches that run absolutely **** offensive schemes (Harbaugh, Smart) wanted him, like that is suppose to be a good thing. Next somebody is going to say Will Muschamp wanted him.

Advertisement
Good thread. I just mentioned some of this stuff in the long Enos thread, before seeing this one. It was the most intriguing offense in the SEC at that point. Jealousy. I remember taping the Arkansas games every week. Brandon Allen improved so much that season I was fooled into thinking he was a decent value as later round quarterback. I think he is still in the league somewhere but never plays.

Advertisement
Back