"That Moment"

Fam, I had tears watching it. It felt like the culmination of all the bad years being flushed.

Seriously! LOL That night was a special I had slide to Wynwood @ (BAR NEXT DOOR) afterwards and man the MAGIC CITY was lit! All I heard was did you catch our bois play? Did you see that play? Man I just came from the game . This and that! Everyone was talking about it the whole night.

This city is soo desperate for having a Winning team and something to talk about in sports. Once a team is winning the whole city shows crazy lovvvve!

The University of Miami is and will always be the forefront in sports in the 305 no matter what though.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
October 7, 2000: University of Miami tight end Jeremy Shockey celebrates after his game winning 13 yard touchdown reception from Ken Dorsey to give the Canes a 27-24 victory over Florida State. The play was one of the defining moments in University of Miami football history and put the Canes back among college football's elite programs.

View attachment 97359
All I can remember about that game fighting people just trying to get some ice...since the ran out of drinks before halftime....by far one of the hottest game. It didn't stop from going crazy...

Gonna slightly disagree. Hester’s KO return for TD against uf was loudest I’ve ever heard (I, too, was at that Jones INT game - was still real loud)

That's about the loudest I'v ever heard it too. The whole stadium was shaking.

Advertisement
2002 Rose Bowl National Championship versus Nebraska. Dorsey to Shockey on 3rd and 12 first offensive series. High pass but Shockey hauled it in jumping out of the atmosphere. The sea of Cornhuskers fans (who admitteldy were very nice and polite) became very quiet and saw the rout that was coming on that play because of the unstoppability of Shockey, despite the later pick ending that drive. I was there. For JW comparison, watch video of Dorsey getting signals, need JW to develop that calm cool collected low heart rate demeanor and Gunslinger look like TB12, Wilson, Dak etc. Maybe he should drink some Kava tea before the game. Will definitely calm down and slow down over time.

‘85 Bears vs Fins Monday night, when everybody saw the ‘72 team walk out with the team out the tunnel, my old man and Godfather screaming like little girls when they saw that, 84 AFC championship game vs Steelers were the highlights for me with the fins with the old girl.
‘89 ND game by far from start to finish was the most insane from start to finish. ‘94 and 2000 those two moments, 2002 Mcgahee taking the screen, were the craziest

But by far ‘85 Fins vs Bears and ‘89 ND game are the craziest most amazing games I’ve been to where from start to finish it felt like that stadium was crumbling down on top of them. Remember being their and telling my dad “we got this we are not losing” I honestly had none of the normal butterflies and angst like I have before every game

Advertisement
Thank God they missed wide right again on the next series or nobody would remember it. I was there, most nerve racking few minutes I can remember in the OB for me.
IIRC we stopped them on their next series.
On our next series Najeh fumbles (after he got the first down).

Wenke then drives them into long FG range.
I was sitting near the tunnel at the goal line.
Given that angle, after the kick went up, I looked to the west end zone crazies to make the call for me.

Might not have been as loud, but the 92 game against Arizona that came down to a missed field goal was pretty intense. We were ranked #1 and it was only the third game of the season. Place was deathly quiet before the kick and immediately erupted with relief.

Unfortunately, they crushed us in the Fiesta Bowl the next year. Ugly.
Was that the one they played in a ridiculous downpour?

Advertisement
Not on single moment but remember at the OB when opposing QB’s would routinely have to turn to the official and say they can’t hear a **** thing. I think it was Klingler in the Houston game that did it several times.

Alot of people dont realize how Fast Carlos was....he was as Fast, if not Faster than anyone on the team..and that 94 team was full of Speedsters...
That 94 team was a truly great team that deserved to win a title. If we just could have scored couple more points against Nebraska in the OB we would have won that game and a split NC with penn state. Smh going into the 4th quarter I thought we were gonna Win it. And then that big full back Schlesinger I think was his name started wearing our defense down. If Costa could have just got us a few more points what could have been.

Last edited:
Seriously! LOL That night was a special I had slide to Wynwood @ (BAR NEXT DOOR) afterwards and man the MAGIC CITY was lit! All I heard was did you catch our bois play? Did you see that play? Man I just came from the game . This and that! Everyone was talking about it the whole night.

This city is soo desperate for having a Winning team and something to talk about in sports. Once a team is winning the whole city shows crazy lovvvve!

The University of Miami is and will always be the forefront in sports in the 305 no matter what though.

Go Canes!

City loves winners. It needs a sports face and no one stepping up. You’re right that the love and support would be crazy with us winning again.

Advertisement
Heck in 2003, I think, when Gore scored the game winning TD on the first play for us in overtime after the Noles didn't score. Upper deck was shaking. I was not in the Orange Bowl for the Shockey TD, but I'm pretty sure that was loud as well.

2004. That was my first game as a student. I talked my roommate into going to the game, he wasn't going to. He left his laundry in the 2nd floor Pearson laundry room. His clothes were still there when we got back. I still remember getting sauced with my Orientation Assistant, she was a cool broad! I still think Sinorice's TD to tie it was a louder moment though!

1995.jpg

I know, the game was in 94 but this is the best I could find

another moment was the 89 ND game. Bernard" Tiger" Clark picked Tony Rice off. Maybe it wasnt as loud as other games, but I was 10 years old and I thought the place was going to crumble

to this day my brother always says that was his favorite game of all time. what a ******* night that was

Advertisement
Back